Massacre

Fallout

Managed to find the vault & Pearl and complete the subsequent quest.  Handy I've now got another supplier of concrete!   Bit annoying that since they added the warehouse stuff, they didn't increase the amount of shipments of glass available (both at Mitch in Far Harbour and Kay at Bunker Hill) or at least added another vendor of it.

Still working on my 'mansion' in Sanctuary Hills - this will be very much a long term project, partly due to wanting to use mods for extra building materials/items etc once they are finally released (if ever!).  Got the main structure built and now constructing internal walls, sorting out the layout of rooms etc and gradually kitting them out.
I also have a factory attached to it at the back (which I'm pretty impressed with) and currently have two conveyors built there (will be building more) will will feed supplies directly into my mansion/living quarters.

Also built a 'summer house' (well essentially a glass-walled & roofed area around the tree) and also a greenhouse for the food production.

As for Settlements being attacked - I normally go and defend them, even though some are capable of defending themselves (mainly so I can loot the bodies for stuff to sell on).  Spectacle Island gets attacked a hell of a lot strangely enough - I tend to just leave that as due to the size of the arena I built there, the game crashes every time I try to fast travel back from there!

Also had one settlement attack 'glitch' after all the raiders had been killed - settlers, caravan guards and provisioners starting attacking each other (happened at The Slog).  Also noticed this pack Brahmin was strangely named.....

Cm7aGqQXgAEgyNg.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/12/2016 at 1:18 PM, shabbagaz said:

Bit annoying that since they added the warehouse stuff, they didn't increase the amount of shipments of glass available

(both at Mitch in Far Harbour and Kay at Bunker Hill) or at least added another vendor of it.

Also noticed this pack Brahmin was strangely named.....

I saw Idiot show up in VATS at night on my first file like early after release.

Whitechapel Charlie has shipments of glass sometimes when I go there to sell, you might check the bar.

Also the breweries, groceries, bars, and even medical facilities are loaded with lootable glass items everywhere.

Inventory > Junk and switch to component view. You can tag/untag items for search there. The other place you can tag for search is within the build menu (remember that time you were short 1 aluminum), I think it's R1 in that view to toggle it on or off. 

I know a lot of people have been whinging about the DLC - I think they raise a valid point in that there's not enough story DLC, but in all honesty I've been pretty happy with what we've been given.

The Vault-Tec Workshop DLC is very interesting - certainly from my settlement-building perspective anyway!  Chuffed you can build a vault at any settlement and it looks like we'll be given a good amount of 'new' materials and items.  Should make up to some extent for the mods being delayed (main reason for me being interested in the mods is for the extra items, materials etc).

Think I'll probably suspend building my 'mansion' for the timebeing until the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC comes out as these new items have given me some fresh ideas.

Edited by shabbagaz

vault-tec workshop reminds me a lot of fallout shelter... i am intrigued by it, but i am not a big workshop guy, so i am part of that group that feels a little let down with the fallout 4 DLC... nuka world will probably be cool, but it sucks that'll be it... mods will save this game, whenever the hell they get around to releasing it on PS4 <_<...

did you hear about the mod cache limits?? doesn't sound like a lot of room for having a lot of mods...

1 hour ago, bOnEs said:

vault-tec workshop reminds me a lot of fallout shelter... i am intrigued by it, but i am not a big workshop guy, so i am part of that group that feels a little let down with the fallout 4 DLC... nuka world will probably be cool, but it sucks that'll be it... mods will save this game, whenever the hell they get around to releasing it on PS4 <_<...

did you hear about the mod cache limits?? doesn't sound like a lot of room for having a lot of mods...

Heard about the 900mb limit which seems absolutely ridiculous.  Part of me thinks all these 'problems' they're having aren't quite as bad as they make out.....

Have to admit that I'm bitterly disappointed that Nuka World will be the last dlc - from the way they were talking a few months ago, I genuinely thought there would be plenty more.

finally finished the pearl quest... pretty cool story, found a couple unique items like the red paint can, and the pirate hat... the funny this is tho, i didn't realize i was already wearing one :lol:... i dunno where i got it, but i was wearing the unique variant, the captain's hat... it gives me a walking speed boost, kinda nice... 

i'm also reminded constantly why i like longfellow... he calls me cap'n B)...

5 hours ago, bOnEs said:

finally finished the pearl quest... pretty cool story, found a couple unique items like the red paint can, and the pirate hat... the funny this is tho, i didn't realize i was already wearing one :lol:... i dunno where i got it, but i was wearing the unique variant, the captain's hat... it gives me a walking speed boost, kinda nice... 

i'm also reminded constantly why i like longfellow... he calls me cap'n B)...

Nothing better than playing a game drunk, then when you next play sober you have no idea how or why your save is where it is. 

• Like 1

It's how I do most things, but Fallout 3 had the best one. I loaded my file back in 2009 or whatever to find my character crouching in the Behemoth enclosure at the slaver camp, with no idea how that happened. Had to stealth boy my way out. My current New Vegas game is honestly just a blurry haze with Night Stalkers biting me. 

kinda happened to me here at this hotel in far harbor yesterday... i loaded into a murder mystery that i had already started but didn't finish... so it was like trying to piece the evidence together again, i had to run thru convos i had already listened to lol...

On 7/13/2016 at 11:59 PM, Synch said:

Whitechapel Charlie has shipments of glass sometimes when I go there to sell, you might check the bar.

Also the breweries, groceries, bars, and even medical facilities are loaded with lootable glass items everywhere.

@Shabb -
Just went to Diamond City where Doctor Sun had shipments of glass,
and then settlement Bunker Hill where Dr. Kay and Doc Weathers had same.

I'll keep an eye out.

4 hours ago, Synch said:

@Shabb -
Just went to Diamond City where Doctor Sun had shipments of glass,
and then settlement Bunker Hill where Dr. Kay and Doc Weathers had same.

I'll keep an eye out.

Cheers.  I knew Doctor Sun had some but for some funny reason, he disappeared after I did the quest where you find that cut up body in the cellar.  Haven't been able to find him since.

Knew about Dr Kay - what I've done is placed a bed nearby so I can sleep & forward time so she 'restocks'.

Cheers for mentioning about Whitechapel Charlie - I completely forgot he existed! :lol:

this weeks OTR challenge was a vault massacre... and TBH, i felt bad making this that i never listed it publicly... i feel like they were thinking vault 22 or something with ghouls... but the only vault i have that i can capture left on newgen is 81... after the recent events in my country, no way i want to list this publicly... but if i had this challenge a few months ago, oh hell yea!! here it is, i'll probably never make it public, but here's the elimination of vault 81, by the outsider from 111...

a bit dark, eh?? :( 

On 17/07/2016 at 4:19 PM, shabbagaz said:

Cheers.  I knew Doctor Sun had some but for some funny reason, he disappeared after I did the quest where you find that cut up body in the cellar.  Haven't been able to find him since.

Knew about Dr Kay - what I've done is placed a bed nearby so I can sleep & forward time so she 'restocks'.

Cheers for mentioning about Whitechapel Charlie - I completely forgot he existed! :lol:

He takes the place of the other doctor inside the Mega Surgery Centre after that quest. He can do the usual healing, barter and facial reconstruction. 

7 hours ago, bOnEs said:

this weeks OTR challenge was a vault massacre... ..

How did you throw that one person to the ground. I've never done that lol 

I tried merking everyone there the other day. I found a few of them weren't killable so I reloaded. Maybe they are now that I did the quest.

nah i did all the quests there and there was still a couple of people i couldn't kill... i was out of ammo at that point, i guess that's a melee attack when you're out?? lol i dunno, i thought it was a pretty cool tho, i didn't expect that...

I've made so much money off Vault 81 that I would never kill them.
[Calvin and Alexis]

@DiO Flipping is an addition to the unarmed chain of perks, just like decapitating is with melee.

Or at least I never noticed I could do them until I ranked up on those perks.

is it only from a vats attack? I've done a few neck snapping stuff with my unarmed character. Even a german suplex. But never a trip while holding a gun. I guess actually my only perks on him are heavy weapons and unarmed so I am either punching or using my missile launcher. 

One thing that still kinda bugs me is that you can't name your settlers. I've started a new survival file where I intend to play as a raider, i'm gonna build up Starlight (again) and make a big raider town with the new workshop stuff. However i'd like to give my settlers typical raider names just to add to the RP and uniqueness.

• Like 1