Massacre

Fallout

i'm sure there is, i haven't gotten too far into it yet, i bet longfellows outfit can be ;)... my dude is a tank in his ballistic weave army fatigues and metal armor shell... i barely get scratched out there in combat lol...

If I remember correctly, Longfellow's coat has 150 damage resistance, when you use the highest ballistic weave on it. Currently sporting that with road goggles and a black mining helmet. The beam on that thing is infinitely better than the Pip-Boy light, in this fog.

I'm so glad I brought Nick. The connections to his backstory are pretty great.

• Like 3

am i the only one who sided with the railroad on their main file??  there's some interesting dialog tied into that with the synths, seems like there's sort of a mini side quest attached to it as well since i am usually given the option to relay the information back at headquarters... seems like i might be siding with the synths here in far harbor if they continue to be friendly... but i dunno, things seem a bit weird here, i might be getting the runaround with dima...

I'm brought Valentine with me too, I had him for quite a while and enjoy his company, and since the DLC description said you'd learn more about his backstory if you brought him, I'll keep him around for a while too.

Unlocked Longfellow's cabin, so at least there's a home base. I let him lead us to Acadia to start, but I think I want to explore the rest of the island without him, see how terrifying it actually is without a local guide. The fog is great for obscuring things and making it all spooky. Can't wait to crawl all over the new map!

Just for Arcadia - same here. Then stashed up at his place.

Explore. Helping the (named quest) folk opens up even more Nick dialogs.

It seems kind of like a Skyrim DLC, just talk to anyone and instant side quest.

No spoilers but there are a lot of great side quests you want to find yourself. 

It's an awesome creepy place isn't it? Almost Point Lookout-ish.

It's like there's options to speak as any faction, (option) and Nick is tied to many of them. Very well written.

DiMA:

The simple fact that DiMA may be his brother is one of the best story lines since Nick's original story.

@DuP: No such luck yet, regular Far Harbor apparel.

I tried to use the Weave on the various fisherman type gear, and the Pirate Hat. 

(Not the Coastguard or Sea Captains hat they are in the base game early with END=2 )

CORRECTION: I just modified the "Fisherman's Overalls" with Ballistic Weave.

The Children of Atom attire as well as the regular Commonwealth clothes found in Far Harbor still weave-able.

• Like 2

Its pretty fucking dumb with the limit they have on what can be ballistic weave and what can't

True. The simple gear that is allowed, and yet some awesome gear is not.

My BOS file I saved the Vault Tec Rep, who wears a Weaved Tuxedo and Formal Hat.

Also the alcoholic guy from Diamond city is in a Weaved Suit. Both hang out at Sanctuary with everyone else.

Comedy value only I guess.

Do what makes you happy, Synch ol' pal, but is your BoS character a diehard soldier? The most hardcore of the BoS would never befriend a ghoul.

(Mine wasn't diehard. Always loved the ghouls)

Do what makes you happy, Synch ol' pal, but is your BoS character a diehard soldier? The most hardcore of the BoS would never befriend a ghoul.

(Mine wasn't diehard. Always loved the ghouls)

This is my bitch on first play through. The one who raped the Institute.....

Not the dude.

The dude is BOS, and murders your ghouls.

Plus he loved raping the Railroad. That's (I think) how he spawned 2 Behemoths on a shitty console.

In any event she is surgically dissecting the island and loving it. Awesome DLC.

EDIT: I just got it sorry. The Vault Tec dude. Just realized he's a ghoul, I just use him like any other worker. 

So I guess in that case, Nate is in fact a ghoul sympathizer. 

• Like 1

I think they made very hard...harder. My deliverer seems to do half the damage. I kinda like it. Except when all I want to do is build at my new settlement in Far Harbour when they send a fuck load of Gulpers over to fuck with my shit. I can't even just unload on them with my fat man because my settlers are fucking retards and they are right on the beach where the Gulpers are coming from so I end up killing them all. Enough Fallout for me today.

Also my sneak attached has been nurfed. I'm only getting 4.8 times damage. I used to get 6.5 with Deacon's perk, full ninja and sandman. The fuck?

Far Harbour is fucking awesome though. The new enemies are badass

Is anyone esle noticing frame rate issues on PS4 in Far Harbor? Only outside though. It feels worse when wearing power armor. My guess is that the fog is intensive on the hardware which hasnt been optimised enough yet. Either that or my PS4 is dying.

I can only play for an hour or so before I start feeling a bit nauseous, it's that bad at times.

I'm loving the DLC so far, its just the frame rate is limiting my game time!

oh no!!! that was always the issue with new vegas DLC... by the time lonesome road came out for me, it was practically unbearable, and the game would freeze up on me... i hope this won't be the issue with future DLC for fallout 4 tho, i would hope that bethesda figured out these issues by now...

It's the fog, along with some menu items. I'm not getting any lag in clear areas, but the fog wrecks my framerate. Also noticing lag with reading notes, the workshop UI, and the power armor HUD. Either Bethesda or Fallout tweeted yesterday that they're working on it.

Judging by the fact that 4 has a lot of the same problems or quirks as the last gen Fallouts i'd say Bethesda hasn't really figured out any issues.

Anyone get Dalton Farm yet? 

Fuck sake I took it off very hard for that shitstorm. 

1. Yep.

Cleared, garden started, the new style water pump with large generator, and thanks to the rewards of Cranberry Island,

(massive build component stash) a nice two story house complete with Vim machine and the 2 suits of Vim Power Armor.

Settlers all in Heavy Trapper Armor, with modified miniguns from the island super mutants.

Haven't been back home yet, just busy using the island's resources. It's been a long time since I spent a lot of time

scrapping components in mass quantity. This area could really tie in with Wasteland Workshop. Creature fight arenas.

The new recipes and craft items are awesome, but I have to note which components they drain, like oil, aluminum, etc.

Dalton Farm was the first real home base, now I'm working on the National Park Visitor's Center.

2. Haven't met Massacre's Skyrim dude yet. Seen a lot of places where he could be living though.....

3. Reason to bring Nick Valentine besides storyline and great dialog, finally found.

There is an A.I. controlled room, by a computer named KAI, who will only allow synth prototypes inside.

Nick thinks that DiMA set it up. In any event, you won't be getting inside unless you have Nick with you.

Here's what's inside, no big deal, but cool:

I've gotten it modded up to about 119 DAM using .308 ammo, previously 77 as an auto. 

It's pretty cool but not as useful as the Overseer's Guardian. Anyway, it's a rare weapon to collect.

Decembers%20Child_zpsyhfnhmzh.jpg

• Like 1

i am actually getting ready to finally fire it up here real soon, i haven't played since friday  :(...

go get nick, man.  :weed:

it will save you time and trouble now. 

or, not.  :yes:

nah, i'm fine with longfellow B)... he's like a brother from another mother... i did the initial helping out quests for the residents, and the synths... it was kind of a blessing in disguise as it opened up the map a bit, and gave me some jumping off points for fast travel... i'm slowly getting used to the island, but i can tell they've been going easy on me so far... the hardest portions have come from wandering off the quest path and checking out locations that pop up on the radar... 

this is why i like longfellow, he's like an older version of me, if i were to grow up in the wasteland :lol:...

https://vine.co/v/i9utHbZH7LX

fuck you guys and your playing the hell out of far harbor stuff :angry:...

i am actually getting ready to finally fire it up here real soon, i haven't played since friday  :(...

I haven't even downloaded it yet - still trying to finish my arena which I should hopefully get finished within the next couple of days!