Massacre

Fallout

neither have i... county crossing looks interesting... lol i just looked up starlight drive in on google images for the fuck of it to see what other people were doing at that location... EVERYONE is building around the diner structure in the back... i must be one of the only ones who abandoned that and closed it off and built my housing around the giant projector screen structure... once i officially get it filled up with stuff (probably after the new wasteland worshop DLC) i'll take you on a virtual tour of my place B)...

• Like 2

I always bugged me that I can't remove the other houses at sanctuary Hills. I would really like to clear them all and make a giant mead hall. This would please Odin.

• Like 2

It annoys me that you can't remove a lot more of the clutter from settlements, the ruined house on Spectacle is particularly annoying me at the moment. It's going to be fun travelling there in the new survival mode too.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, when I was first adding vendors and expanding Sanctuary, I was repeatedly stymied by the maximum building limit. After I realized the perimeter walls I'd added did nothing to stop attacks, I scrapped them all. And most of the settlement's trees...

that limit thing is a bitch... i was trying to build my LED skull light up thingy and ran into the limit... fucking pissed me off...

i need to turn the drive-in into a commerce hub here soon... i let a couple settlers come over here when i rescued them... but i might send them away lol... i kind of like keeping it as just a place for me and my followers, and a couple of unique wanderers like vault tec guy and miss theater actress lady...

The fact the meter is generally half full before you begin building due to the shite already there is pretty bollocks. There should be an option to delete all props (and obviously place items in containers in the workshop.) And the build limit as i've said many times before could be two, even four times as much without getting fps drops like those encountered around the east of Boston.

what I do is store weapons in the workshop. Take them out. Drop them on the ground. Then when they are on the ground, go to create mode and press circle to store them again. When you store them, I guess it's thinking you are deleting something. I found that the bigger the weapons, the more it will bring down the limit. In a few minutes you can put it back to 0. 

• Like 1

wowwww... so should i just use junk weapons i have in my crate that i never use? i might have to look this up on youtube... i was wondering how people had these elaborate settlements, i just assumed it was something the PC crowd could do, i didn't know consoles had that ability :mellow:...

i was wondering how people had these elaborate settlements, i just assumed it was something the PC crowd could do, i didn't know consoles had that ability :mellow:...

I had every settlement on my first game, huge farms. Remember Tato + Corn + Mutfruit + Purified Water = Adhesive.

And to mod all my Power Armor in that game, I needed large amount of adhesive.

Many settlements on the water like Nordhagen Beach, Santcuary, and Spectacle Island had two giant water procs.

But all were linked with supply lines, (Map looked like a spider web) so while Croup Manor had nothing really in storage, 

the main stash of everything was at Sanctuary. That way being linked, all items were available to smaller settlements.

(Not linked to Minute Men, I left Preston at the Castle and you can ignore him and turn the radio off)

So if I wanted to build a restaurant ( =happiness level) on a deck with lights and music, I had all the stuff linked together.

Also, you end up totally rich from those restaurants at every settlement, in case you love buying the mini-nukes, etc.

I never knew what I was doing was considered a glitch, but I broke everything down and the settlements had parties at night.

Stashing the weapons I thought everyone did, just like breaking down crap to raw form. Never had a ceiling on storage.

Console dude! My settlements were huge but not Gaztastic, or Gaztacular ....that guy is an artist.  B)

• Like 1

wowwww... so should i just use junk weapons i have in my crate that i never use? i might have to look this up on youtube... i was wondering how people had these elaborate settlements, i just assumed it was something the PC crowd could do, i didn't know consoles had that ability :mellow:...

Can't believe you didn't know about that! :P  It's a very useful glitch (understatement) which I've had to use several times to build my elaborate structures - it's not even had an effect on the FPS either.

• Like 1

The height limit of settlements makes me wonder if there's even any point in trying to do anything with Hangman's Alley. If I can't build a dense, vertical, Brotherhood-run settlement that's high enough to keep an eye on Diamond City and C.I.T., what's the point?

Shame. It's the only place that seemed like it would be a decent Brotherhood outpost.

I don't know man. I think I did pretty good. Very crammed in. I made a 2 floor thing all across the alley. And a 3rd floor at one part.  Most of my 18 settlers have their own cubby to sleep in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31mTC9Rtz8I

And here's my brotherhood red rocket. Mostly just built here because I did not go for local leader. I probably will post another red rocket after that dlc comes out. My non local leader characters are stuck there. It's just too convenient of a place to have without local leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNpHj_ZV26k

Nothing spectacular but I do have both wired up with power. Building at hangmans alley is a huge pain in the add but I got the buildings connected pretty good.

• Like 3

Hangman's Alley seemed like the only good place for the Brotherhood to set up an outpost. I had intended to build a vertical town that filled the entire alley up to the rooftops, with a private shack for myself up top. Without roof access, it loses its strategic value, since two barricades and a well-placed molotov would cook everything at ground level, in there.

Red Rocket, I've never done much with. I prefer to leave it as a private refuge without much change.

Now, my Minutemen character has Local Leader, and can actually do things with settlements that are worthwhile. Every settlement that signs on with the Minutemen will be safe, supplied, and a major trade hub, no matter how big or how small. Spectacle Island will be a challenge.

--------------------------

I forgot the Playstation store updates in the afternoon. No Wasteland Workshop for me until Wednesday morning.

Fuck second shift.

• Like 2

I have red rocket all to myself on my lone wanderer idiot savant character. It's pretty cool but I like having crops to grow vegetable starch. I have been thinking about replacing a lot of the settlers on my third character with robots. The only problem with that is I don't know if they will produce water from the water pumps. I noticed without settlers, the water pumps don't produce purified water in your workshop.

Also, don't put dirty water in your work shop. It will get purified. And you need it for a couple of useful recipes.

didn't it drop last night without much of a delay on PS4, or was i right to ignore it until after work today?? :D... i won't get a lot of time to check this out, but i can't wait to build a thunderdome settlement somewhere in the wasteland where newcomers fight to live there :)...

I'm hoping I can make settlers fight until one is downed, but not dead. I think the Minutemen could do with a voluntary, no-kill fight club to toughen themselves up.

• Like 1