Massacre

Fallout

yay, got to play another 30 or so minutes of the DLC, but now i'm tired, time for bed... the quest seems fun, i'm just not really into building a robot to be honest lol... i'd rather bring piper or maccready along as a companion compared to this hunk of junk that i have to find robot repair kits for... looking forward to the rest of the quest tho...

perhaps once i get eyebot parts i'll enjoy bring that along on my journey...

Yeah, I feel the same way, I'm not quite ready to let Macready go yet...and I don't need a huge clunker trailing behind blowing my stealth cover...but perhaps some of the available features will make having a robot companion more appealing.

My main gal's pretty scavvy, having a pack mule would be a boon, even with the Strong Back perk, I'm draining AP from carrying too much shit and then it fucks up V.A.T.S.

i'm surprised how little i use VATS... i am kind of a run 'n gunner player with this character... i snag headshots outside of VATS while sneaking, and run right up to enemies with my shotgun (now with an added bleeding perk) to finish them off B)... although, i have to be careful with the new legendary robots as they explode after dying... i couldn't figure out how i kept dying in the factory until i was reminded of it happening to me after killing a sentry bot a while back...

i thought the new robots had mini nukes at first :lol:...

It's about 50/50 for me, it depends on the enemy or how many of them there are, sometimes it's way faster and more effective to simply blow up their faces with my explosive double-barrel shottie (my pride and joy - hey, maybe I just found its new name!) but other times, like for Legendary enemies, V.A.T.S. helps me do more damage and make each bullet/missile/mini nuke count. :P I've been debating switching out Deep Pocketed for resistance to explosions on my current set of armour. It's an ever evolving balance.

• Like 1

Yes, there are plenty of exploding robots throughout, especially at the end. Wish I had my explosive shotty from my previous guy.

Oh and don't bother with the eyebot pod.

I assumed the eyebot you send out actually gathers resources for you, but it just locates and tells you where that resource is. So you still have to go and collect it, and even then it'll probably be only one or two pieces.

Edited by ViceMan

yay, got to play another 30 or so minutes of the DLC, but now i'm tired, time for bed... the quest seems fun, i'm just not really into building a robot to be honest lol... .

My brotherhood character suits it well. I think it's fucking awesome lol. And my other characters that I have blacksmith for can still make wicked melee robots. Only my sneaking gunslinger and sneaking sniper girl probably wont use a robot much.

I was really into it and my power went out for about 4 hours. fucking ice storm.

I am just realizing how awesome robot expert is. Any robot you can just shut down? holy fuck. For some reason I never realized that. Probably because my brotherhood character is the only one I have who has high enough intelligence to have that perk.

• Like 1

ada started growing on me in the mechanist's lair... i equipped her with assaultron legs so she's constantly getting in the way because of how quick she is lol :lol:... but she's a bit of a pack mule and not too shabby at pitching in when it comes to fighting... i still do most of the work, but she's actually been finishing them off when their heath is down... the fact that i can build multiple robots is cool tho... can i send them to any settlement then?? these would work well at providing protection...

here's her current build, still inching my way towards the mechanist, probably won't get there until saturday...

post-24-0-40091400-1458884383_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I built a bot with a robobrain head and torso and sentry legs but can't equip it with decent weaponry because I don't have the blacksmith or science perks. It's going to take a while to get that because I have to get her strength and intelligence up.

Also I don't think you can make eyebots, unless i'm missing something. But it said I had unlocked all parts, I thought that's what the eyebot pod was for, but it isn't.

Edited by ViceMan

Here where I am glad to have so many characters. Some of them I likely wont bother with this DLC.

Bones, You might beat this before me lol. I'm in his lair too. Not sure if it ends there.

Killed Jezebel with my brotherhood character after I got the info from her. Fucking technology run a muck, right?

• Like 2

:lol:...

i thought about it too but decided that my character didn't know enough of the situation to do something like that... needed more to go on, so i didn't resort to that... but the thought did cross my mind after a couple choice responses i got back :P... we'll see what happens at the end of the DLC becuase i'd like to have another robot with personality like jezebele

For sure, me too. I got 4 other characters I will probably keep her alive on. She said some shit about talking to her after we deal with the mecha-fuckhead, so there is a conversation I can look forward too on another play

I am just realizing how awesome robot expert is. Any robot you can just shut down? holy fuck. For some reason I never realized that. 

It really is cool.

My first character was stealthy enough to sneak up on Assaultrons and the big sentry guys who yield the Fusion Cores.

Shut them down through a terminal style graphic. Stand back and destroy them for their contents.

You can also control them with high enough skill. I think that's what the one in the scrap yard closest to Sanctuary is for. Like, testing it out.

(Terminal says it was dropped off by some government types wearing black suits)

My BOS guy is not high enough skill yet for even thinking of such awesomeness.

I didn't give her any arms either, but at least gave her an assaultron body. She's dead now, got bored of her moaning at me.

i was away most of the weekend, didn't get to play at all :(... but now i'm home, time to beat the DLC and see what i can do with having robots at settlements i am actually trying to care for a bit... i noticed my supplies were getting a little low tho for some of the crafting materials... i've been scavenging the mechanists lair like a vacuum in hopes that bethesda was looking out for us and loading it up with a bunch of useful junk for robot crafting...

Having the robot companions with my stealthy character isn't really the best as they insist on standing next to you at all times and alerting the enemy. Even telling them to attack a distant enemy doesn't seem to work, they just sit there like twats doing nothing. I guess I could assign them to trade routes if I took the local leader perk.

i finished this, it wasn't all that grand, and kind of short... the ending was pretty cool tho, i liked the final dialog... but i am glad to get rid of ada... while she was quite effective in combat, she was CONSTANTLY getting in the way :(... just about every container or desk i tried to search she walked in front of... and what can i do with jezebele? i thought i'd be able to send her to another settlement but there's no dialog options <_<...