Massacre

Fallout

Synch, if you read the last line of my previous post, those 3 are 3 that you are missing...  I got lucky with them... let me know if you need any hints...  you are also further through the story than I am so I can't help there sorry...

I'm chasing magazines now... got 90 odd... I am guessing, looking through my perk list, I have about another 20 to get...  does anyone know the full total?  I have got 2 of the same one for some reason....

Thanks that is good. Edit: By chance did the death occur with you getting the "Touchdown" achievement award? 

About the comics I don't know the total but I've filled two magazines stands, 3 magazine racks, and almost the 4th rack.

I found a place where a Coiffe er whatever it's called always re-spawns there. A housewife type of place.

Never had that book before going there, now I get a new one whenever I duck in there.

Also, the original home of one of your possible companions always spawns a new copy of Robco Fun.

Gin, actually I've loads of doubles and triples of many of them, rather than your 2 of some.

Each one adds more of something according to the on-screen message, but I just checked the hair place

at Diamond City Market, and I have no new hairstyles available after the last new entry, the "Megaton".

I don't even know where to check for these facial tattoos I keep hearing about in the loading screens.

• Like 1

So I ended up with the option to build the transporter with BoS, Railroad, or MinuteMen.

Does it matter where the build site is? Or will this dictate who I side with....because I read

non-spoiler bracketed stuff here which (were spoilers!!!!) make me think whoever you build it with, you kill the other two.

Should I go back to a safe save point before I started building it??????

I'm only on the first component, and have no problem going back to a safe save point before I started.

Thanks in advance for your spoiler-free advice. :)

That don't matter. The game warns you when you are about to be villianized with a faction and asks if you want to proceed. It did when I was about to piss off the brotherhood of steel anyways.

• Like 2

So I ended up with the option to build the transporter with BoS, Railroad, or MinuteMen.

Does it matter where the build site is? Or will this dictate who I side with....because I read

non-spoiler bracketed stuff here which (were spoilers!!!!) make me think whoever you build it with, you kill the other two.

I'm only on the first component, and have no problem going back to a safe save point before I started.

That don't matter. The game warns you when you are about to be villianized with a faction and asks if you want to proceed. It did when I was about to piss off the brotherhood of steel anyways.

Thanks that's awesome. Where did you build? Just curious due to being short of space at my location....

Thanks that's awesome. Where did you build? Just curious due to being short of space at my location....

i actually built mine at sanctuary... i didn't think the game would care, and it didn't... the railroad i was working with was present... but i can only speak from my experience... but the location they picked was super cramped for space, somewhere up north, i got frustrated with running out of flat ground and power to make it work, as i didn't have settlements linked up... so basically, wherever the faction you're working with tells you to go, go there and get the popup of telling you to build... but then go pick your own site...

it worked for me, it's all still there at sanctuary, destroyed an all, even after completing the story...

;)

• Like 1

i actually built mine at sanctuary... i didn't think the game would care, and it didn't... the railroad i was working with was present... but i can only speak from my experience... but the location they picked was super cramped for space, somewhere up north, i got frustrated with running out of flat ground and power to make it work, as i didn't have settlements linked up... so basically, wherever the faction you're working with tells you to go, go there and get the popup of telling you to build... but then go pick your own site...

it worked for me, it's all still there at sanctuary, destroyed an all, even after completing the story...

;)

Big thanks,but my usual more questions:

That place up north is probably the Kingsport Lighthouse AKA your Railroad hidden Mercer Safe house.

It's not flat, and in my case, filled with the Tato plants needed to make the Vegetable Starch which is valuable adhesive for crafting,

You mean I could, if working with the RR, actually move the location to Sanctuary Hills? That is weird.

But if it worked it worked, thanks for that. I just need to know you were going Railroad, not Minute Men.

While I have all the farms of the Minute Men, the Railroad did in fact take the Lighthouse over as the Mercer Safehouse for innocent working synth extraction.

;)

Same here but my usual more questions:

That place up north is probably the Kingsport Lighthouse AKA your Railroad hidden Mercer Safe house.

It's not flat, and in my case, filled with the Tato plants needed to make the Vegetable Starch which is valuable adhesive for crafting,

You mean I could, if working with the RR, actually move the location to Sanctuary Hills? That is weird.

But if it worked it worked, thanks for that. I just need to know you were going Railroad, not Minute Men.

While I have all the farms of the Minute Men, the Railroad did in fact take the Lighthouse over as the Mercer Safehouse for innocent working synth extraction.

i would have to fire up my game, but it was location that was near an overpass, and had a named raider in power armor occupying it...

lemme wikia that shit...

yea, that was the location that was suggested to me that you posted...

looking further into the wikia reveals that any location works, unless you're siding with the brotherhood of steel... apparently they make you built it at a specific location, but the other two factions don't really care...

• Like 1

@Synch about your question

I have a transporter built in Sanctuary, but haven't even used it yet. I ended up building it on a house foundation made vacant by scrapping, one at the end of the court next to the your original house. I've been hoarding so many materials that I was able to build the whole thing in one go. So far, I have accepted to work with both the Railroad and Minutemen, but haven't worked the main storyline long enough to piss off one or the other.

:)

• Like 1

I have a transporter built in Sanctuary, but haven't even used it yet. I ended up building it on a house foundation made vacant by scrapping, one at the end of the court next to the your original house. I've been hoarding so many materials that I was able to build the whole thing in one go. So far, I have accepted to work with both the Railroad and Minutemen, but haven't worked the main storyline long enough to piss off one or the other.

So you did the same as bOnEs, built at Sanctuary. Interesting. Again, very cool. But I don't even understand how that was an option with the RR, since they actually send you to the Mercer Safe House. Maybe because you guys had not gotten that far with the RR? I dunno. Sounds like I don't have to go to a far back previous save, just a previous save on which location to build at. Also while building you are given optional mission bonus to go to a certain location for the scrap like military grade circuitry. I had all the components already as well as you did, but did the optionals for the first component. That's where I stopped and asked what the fuck am I doing this so soon for,and why, for my son?

Sorry I'm a bad mother. I need to know, so I can go forward or back.

B)  thanks

• Like 1

they told me where to go, but i took a gamble and decided to see if i could build it wherever, willing to reload the save... but i was right...

Awesome gamble.  ;)

• Like 1

I was told to build it at Murkwater in my first playthrough, that was fun. There are 120 magazines to collect, not sure if that's counting the You're Special book as you can't put that in the rack.

And how to give hints to where bobbleheads are without just giving the location away.

I think i've mentioned the agility bobblehead's location previously. The strength is in a place where you have to go for a mission towards the end.

So you did the same as bOnEs, built at Sanctuary. Interesting. Again, very cool. But I don't even understand how that was an option with the RR, since they actually send you to the Mercer Safe House. Maybe because you guys had not gotten that far with the RR? I dunno. Sounds like I don't have to go to a far back previous save, just a previous save on which location to build at. Also while building you are given optional mission bonus to go to a certain location for the scrap like military grade circuitry. I had all the components already as well as you did, but did the optionals for the first component. That's where I stopped and asked what the fuck am I doing this so soon for,and why, for my son?

Sorry I'm a bad mother. I need to know, so I can go forward or back.

B)  thanks

My first play through, it was at scantuary, After that I did it at sunshine tidings co op for my second (mercer safehouse).

What was Synch talking about with "That place up north is probably the Kingsport Lighthouse AKA your Railroad hidden Mercer Safe house."

that place isn't mercers safehouse 

Mercer safehouse can be any settlement location really, mine was at Murkwater and because it was my first playthrough I assumed I had to build the [REDACTED] there. Imagine, a [REDACTED] sitting in a shitty pool of water in a swamp. Fuck spoiler tags, I can't be arsed to type them out.

Suffice to say next time I play as the Railroad i'll ignore their advice on where to build it.

Eh, it gets a bit repetetive doing spoilers all the time. I just did that for a laugh.

The raider at Zimonja called Boomer, I thought he was a boomer.

yea that's the guy, tough adversary for a low leveled character at the time, he even had a fatman... his body was still there when i returned many many many many days later lol :lol:... and i couldn't move him either because he was in power armor... that was a horribly picked place for me to build that one thing we were talking about... glad i decided on sanctuary...

there was also like 15 people without beds too... lol, and nowhere to put them... and a bunch of brahmin lol... but in the end, i didn't want to waste resources on trying to build up their settlement as i didn't care about settlements on this playthrough...

I believe when he's run out of mini nukes he charges at you and detonates his fusion core jihadi style. Hence why he's called Boomer. I never saw that myself because I picked him off from long range and last time I played I brought a fat man and gave him a taste of his own medicine.

fallout vine B)...

https://twitter.com/CaPn_bOnEs/status/696445129402535938

i really wish i didn't have a meeting this morning, and a football game to watch in the evening... i wanted to really really really play more fallout today... i have to explore a bit more in the northeast and some more in the south... i want to make my new character, but i can't just abandon this file without at least reaching level 50 and opening up a few more locations...

i feel like the DLC is coming in the next month, and i would love to have two active files that are ready to tackle it... but i am starting to wonder if i want to make my next file be a brotherhood asshole, or a super good girl who saves settlements... or a super sneaky institute girl... decisions decisions...

• Like 1

Super sneaky should always be Railroad, Institute not so much - but obviously they'd be a laser weapon user. My Brotherhood guy was pretty tough, think I took four ranks of toughness perk and three in rad resistance, he didn't turn out to be as much of a brawler as I expected. Once I started using the explosive shotgun that was pretty much it in terms of combat and I still couldn't get away from using scoped weapons at long range despite not being a sneaky character.

I've started a new character who is my Railroad agent, she's just reached Diamond city at level 4, didn't even go to see Preston. But I need to go into the museum to get the bobblehead. I'm still playing on very hard mode (I turned it down from survival) so i've been dying a lot as her endurance is very low.

Edited by ViceMan

well i already did a balls to the wall guy for the railroad :lol:... although, now that i am a bad ass, i have been getting more headshot kills and clearing areas with less resistance... and i always wear my chameleon metal chest armor...

didn't even go to see Preston. But I need to go into the museum to get the bobblehead. I'm still playing on very hard mode (I turned it down from survival) so i've been dying a lot as her endurance is very low.

haha I did that my second playthrough. I didn't meet preston until I beat the storyline. My 3rd play-through, I met up with him, but I haven't been to Sanctuary yet.

I'm up to level 24. I try and sneak as much as I can with my power fist (in which I named Fisto) but I find after killing one enemy sneaking, they spot me after that. Sneaking with melee is much much harder. I end up in full out brawls. which is ok because this time around im actually sinking perks into defense this time. My 1st 2 characters were full on sneakers that died pretty fast. I aim only investing in unarmed perks for offense, and focus on damage resistance, but that is proving hard especially for turrets that are out of reach. I planed to not get the gun nut or explosive expert perks as well but I am realizing how vital those are. Mines and grenades save my ass a lot my last playthroughs but I am getting to the point where those don't do much damage to enemies without the bonus damage from the perks.

Even if I am not using guns yet, I feel like I might have to invest in the commando perks. I am dying a lot more on this character than my last 2 as I am more out in the open, punching people to death.

Faction wise, since I tried making myself, the character doesn't fit the institute at all but that would be my only option story wise that I haven't done yet. My first plan was to do the brotherhood but then IKILLYOU informed my you can't use unarmed weapons while in power armour.  My choices so far only reflect what my followers will like/dislike to get their perks faster. I guess I am having a real identity crisis lol.

• Like 1

Gun nut isn't so vital if you're prepared to wait to find a gun with the mod on it you want, which will probably take a while.

I just went into the museum, fought through the raiders, went to the room with Preston and grabbed the bobblehead and Robco Fun then left before he could finish saying "I don't know who you are but your timing's impeccable."