Massacre

Fallout

Sheesh, try and be more specific next time, that was such a vague answer! You're as obsessively detail oriented as I am, so I appreciate that reply. :lol:

I haven't completed the game yet either, not even once, it's funny that Vicey and Massacre and DiO and IKILLYOU and others have already worked their way through multiple playthroughs. I get too distracted by shiny things...

I'm much the same, but I have vowed to complete it within the next week - I got Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection for Christmas but I've been completely hooked on Fallout!  (my 'Grand Designs' have took up most of my time).

Also trophy-chasing too as this is one game where getting the platinum should be straight forward.

• Like 1

Maybe you need to be wrapped in bacon and worshiped a little.   :P

QFT :bacon:

I had a good push going on the storyline, then decided to collect holotapes for Valentine as a way to open more map and level up before visiting the Institute. That's slowed my momentum a bit, plus I'm still hoarding and dumping supplies along the way. The advantage to exploration - I now have an unlimited ammo pistol, energy and sniper rifle. Plus I keep upgrading weapons and armour each time I'm back home. My next file, I'll perk accordingly so that I can dress my character for looks instead of protection. A big beefy dude in a Grognak costume and nothing else, perhaps. :lol:

• Like 2

Maybe you need to be wrapped in bacon and worshiped a little.   :P

QFT :bacon:

I had a good push going on the storyline, then decided to collect holotapes for Valentine as a way to open more map and level up before visiting the Institute. That's slowed my momentum a bit, plus I'm still hoarding and dumping supplies along the way. The advantage to exploration - I now have an unlimited ammo pistol, energy and sniper rifle. Plus I keep upgrading weapons and armour each time I'm back home. My next file, I'll perk accordingly so that I can dress my character for looks instead of protection. A big beefy dude in a Grognak costume and nothing else, perhaps. :lol:

That's cool. I have to try my Grognak suit on. Left it at my place on Spectacle Island.

I had 9 of 10 tapes before I even knew about the Valentine quest. There is so many side things to find and do.

If you haven't yet, try and venture east near Quincy where there is a certain talking fridge. It's a good time had by all.

Can you believe I just now went back to Vault 111 to find the overseer's project weapon? Unbelievable. 

• Like 2

Dio i'm not sure of any, what about Bunker Hill? Although i've never unlocked it as a settlement.

ya that could work. I think you only get that once you're pretty far into the storyline though. Maybe I will just use Red Rocket more than once. It is a nice location.

Sanctuary Pisses me off because it's so big and the fucking settlers/companions wander off in all the house and shit.

My Hangman's Alley is looking Dooope. I'll post a video walk around when I decide I am done. I got a multiple storey structure going through the entire alleyway. Very crammed it but looks cool .

Everyone does stealth because it's so easy, me included. So to force myself not to do it was a refreshing change, facing behemoths and sentry bots head on.

i'm partially stealth, most of the time i go into a room guns a blazing since i usually get detected when i get close... i can be quiet and snipe out in the open, but inside buildings i am a madman with my combat shotty and rifle...

i've decided that my 2nd character will be a military brat named delilah... i've been using my power armor more down the stretch here in the story, so i am starting to like wearing it... plus if i am to make an asshole character, the brotherhood seems like the best route, even tho i have yet to see any of the endings lol...

perhaps i'l save my stealth character for when i side with the institute...

My first 2 playthoughts Codsworth called me "Sir" or "Mam"

He just now called my "Mr. Wilson" in my new playthrough. Dafuq!

I took a stab at making myself. I got kinda close, not really. But that's why plastic surgery is in the game. But I named my character Grundy Wilson and the game knows my last name. Hot shit!

• Like 1

For the sake of RP I made my last character clean cut, no facial hair etc. After the bombs fell I turned him progressively more ragged, he ended up looking like Elder Maxson.

@Synch - no guides for the bobbleheads but I got hints from a friend at work for a few of them and I found a couple returning to places I had already thought I had cleared doing radiant Brotherhood/Minutemen quests... I don't think any are story dependent because I haven't been to the Institute yet and I have them all...

Are those holotapes a companion quest?  I have got 7 of them but thought they were just a back story filler...  

I have neglected the different companions because Cait can open master locked doors so it saved me a perk... maybe it's time to change it up...

I only use Legendary gear now... my latest distraction is finding a full set of pool balls for my pool table... I know there is a full set including triangle somewhere...

With respawning loot and my stoner brain, it's like playing a game version of Groundhog Day...

• Like 2

Are those holotapes a companion quest?  I have got 7 of them but thought they were just a back story filler...  

I only use Legendary gear now... my latest distraction is finding a full set of pool balls for my pool table... I know there is a full set including triangle somewhere...

Not sure if this counts as a spoiler, but anyway:

Yes, there are 10 to collect in all, a quest for Nick Valentine, the detective in Diamond City. They can be found in police stations. 

Pool balls and letter blocks. My OCD brother.

• Like 1

so i beat the game, as a railroad agent... quick thoughts;

is that it?? the ending was over in 30 seconds... where's the "this settlement did this, and your decision here effected that cutscene... am i not completely done with the railroad then? i mean, i was given several quests to help the freed synths, but if that's the ending, then it felt, rushed...

it's been a fun ride tho! and there's still plenty left to do with this character, and lots left to explore... i'll have to upload a pic of him next time i play... he looks like a merc, i've been rocking the look since level 20, since i haven't found better gear... plus it looks cool anyways B)...

Yeah the ending is boring, even NV had the slides showing you the consequences of your actions. I guess because the game carries on it can't really do that.

i don't see why not... that's what i loved about fallout, seeing how my actions effected the future of a location or faction... i mean, i guess you're right in that the game goes on, and i could easily return to a prospering settlement and lay waste to all the citizens after helping them... but the faction ending could have been more than that quick little mini video that talked about the vault wanderer moving on because war never changes...

kind of a letdown TBH...

Found an Explosive Minigun on a corpse, then a car exploded and I lost it just before I paused to save. Can't find it again. D':

Oh, the fun we could have had...

• Like 1

@Synch - no guides for the bobbleheads but I got hints from a friend at work for a few of them and I found a couple returning to places I had already thought I had cleared doing radiant Brotherhood/Minutemen quests... I don't think any are story dependent because I haven't been to the Institute yet and I have them all...

Awesome.

Like to read this.  :yes:

Here are three stones.

They are holding 3 boxes down and closed, underwater a ways between Warwick to Spectacle.

If this is a part of base story line, I don't wanna know. Just found on my swim.

Possible DLC?

or just me swimming around looking for shit

post-46-0-22943100-1454476752_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-21031500-1454476779_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-42372600-1454478030_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Found an Explosive Minigun on a corpse, then a car exploded and I lost it just before I paused to save. Can't find it again. D':

Oh, the fun we could have had...

I had an Explosive Submachine gun... I crippled myself every time I used it... I can't drop my Plasma Infused Advanced Assault Rifle (can't be fucked naming them anymore) - in tandem with my Instigating Sniper Rifle, no-one gets near me...  

Synch, out of interest, which bobbleheads are you after?  I won't spoil...  

I was lucky with a few of them... I found one by dying next to it and spotting it in the death scene... I found 2 by sniper rifle scope, looking for enemies... 

is that it?? the ending was over in 30 seconds... where's the "this settlement did this, and your decision here effected that cutscene... am i not completely done with the railroad then? i mean, i was given several quests to help the freed synths, but if that's the ending, then it felt, rushed...

it's been a fun ride tho! and there's still plenty left to do with this character, and lots left to explore... i'll have to upload a pic of him next time i play... he looks like a merc, i've been rocking the look since level 20, since i haven't found better gear... plus it looks cool anyways B)...

if you entered the institute for the final quest with Desdamona and rail road agents, then yes, you did the railroad ending. And she was there while the shit got blown up.

My first play through I carried out the wishes of the Railroad but had the minute men with me, and Preston was up on the building with me to watch the institute get blown up. That is because I didn't lie to father while I was on top of the CIT ruins so i couldn't do the covert ending. Desdamona told me since my cover was blown we needed an army. It then forced me to do the minute men quests. When it came time to sneak in, it told me to give the transponder thing or whatver the fuck quest item to Sturges. At that point I may have been able to just talk to Tinker Tom and give it to him to get the railroad ending but I don't know.  

• Like 1

Busy helping out the Railroad as I aim to get the last few trophies.  Anyway, there's always the odd glitch and these two genuinely made me laugh!  

Somehow Hancock ended up dying and the comments when trying to 'talk' to him were somewhat ironic!

He also ended up coming back to life headless! :lol: :lol:

12661901_10154000124409009_8644248875588

• Like 2

if you entered the institute for the final quest with Desdamona and rail road agents, then yes, you did the railroad ending. And she was there while the shit got blown up.

My first play through I carried out the wishes of the Railroad but had the minute men with me, and Preston was up on the building with me to watch the institute get blown up. That is because I didn't lie to father while I was on top of the CIT ruins so i couldn't do the covert ending. Desdamona told me since my cover was blown we needed an army. It then forced me to do the minute men quests. When it came time to sneak in, it told me to give the transponder thing or whatver the fuck quest item to Sturges. At that point I may have been able to just talk to Tinker Tom and give it to him to get the railroad ending but I don't know.  

i dunno, i never got those lines when i did it the proper route... if they weren't indicated on the map, then you probably couldn't of done that...

Haha ya I just didn't want to lie as I was trying to be all goodie goodie about it

ONLY READ ON IF YOU'VE MET SWAN

So here is me at level 6 taking on Swan. Its only on normal but I have no real good perks. I invested in unarmed, but I wasn't about to try and get into a boxing match so I turned it into a game of cat and mouse.....kinda. I stole the fat man and mini nuke from behind KLEO in Goodneighbour to get the ball rolling. Turned out to be a pretty good battle. You can see me going through pretty much ALL my weapons trying to find what is best. With the mini gun I moved around to slowly so I gave up on that lol. I had to do a lot of running. In the end you can see why I bothered to fight him at a low level. Again, I invested in unarmed early on.

edit

To continue the endings conversation, If you wanna know something neat about my first playthroughs ending

I forgot to mention ending it through the Minute Men as I did, I did not have to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel. With this plot line, both the railroad and brotherhood are in tact.

Yeah same for me in regards to the end Dio, that's why I did it that way.

Just north east of Medtek research and east of Malden middle school a short walk is a bubble car with a Jangles the moon monkey in it, take it if you want some fun. Save beforehand if you're low level.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 2

Made a big mistake and did something which advanced the storyline.

Question for those who have completed the game, and if I should go back to a previous save.
I just want to know if this certain action, will dictate the end scenario:

So I ended up with the option to build the transporter with BoS, Railroad, or MinuteMen.
Does it matter where the build site is? Or will this dictate who I side with....because I read
non-spoiler bracketed stuff here which (were spoilers!!!!) make me think whoever you build it with, you kill the other two.

Should I go back to a safe save point before I started building it??????

I'm only on the first component, and have no problem going back to a safe save point before I started.

Thanks in advance for your spoiler-free advice. :)

Synch, out of interest, which bobbleheads are you after?  I won't spoil...  

I'm looking for the top row four on the far right. Just re-visiting every place I've been to try to find them.
Here's what I have:

Bottom Row (full):
Sneak / Endurance / Science / Charisma / Repair / Perception / Melee

Mid Row (full):
Energy Weapons / Luck / Medicine / Unarmed / Big Guns / Intelligence / Speech

Top Row:

Small Guns / Barter

Edit: Ok it seems this game just stacks them on the display as you get them, not by special row, etc.
From looking at my PIPBoy under STAT it seems I'm missing a SPECIAL like the Strength and Agility

Synch, if you read the last line of my previous post, those 3 are 3 that you are missing...  I got lucky with them... let me know if you need any hints...  you are also further through the story than I am so I can't help there sorry...

I'm chasing magazines now... got 90 odd... I am guessing, looking through my perk list, I have about another 20 to get...  does anyone know the full total?  I have got 2 of the same one for some reason....

• Like 1