Massacre

Fallout

Not made it to the institute but I love good neighbor.... That robot with the guns is fine... She's stupid though... Stepped out for a meeting and left a Fatman and a few mini nukes on the counter.. Had to help myself

Have you read her terminal above the shop?
Also, since you don't get skill points for lockpick/hacking what is the point of the chems that raise special?

Like, Mentats? You could use those in Fallout 3 to disarm the nuke in Megaton.

The chems raise a particular special attribute, briefly, so you can open a lock or a terminal.

Certain clothes would do that as well in 3. I used to wear the Lab Coat for science/terminals...

Here there are a lot of charisma clothes I notice, like the Sequin Dress, for speeching.

Also, I get XP every time I lockpick or hack.

If you are right on the edge of levelling up, do one of those things to push over the edge.

I was talking about fallout 4

now that lockpicking, ect, is a level, getting another two int won't let you unlock a higher level safe

yea it does... you have to unlock/take the perk for expert locks... i passed on the "never break a lockpick" perk since i have hundreds of them anyways... so what if i break a couple, i'd rather spend that perk on something more beneficial to my build...

so when i got home from work tonight, i was totally gonna play more... but a graphics job here, and a few beers there, and now i don't wanna... but i guess i'll ask this question to those who have visited the institute... i've heard it's fucked up their playthrough to be a certain charater....

so i made it to the institute, but now they want me to assist coursers in the field, while the railroad wants me to eliminate the coursers... i've asked everyone i know in-game, and no one is giving a direct answer... i feel like i reached the pinnacle of the story, and if i help both sides, while the railroad claims i am still undercover, i might just fuck up my only chance to help them out...

so my only question is, do i just start taking out coursers and ignore the institutes questline for now, outside of helping the patriot save a dozen synths?? i mean, it seemed like the railroad wanted me to play ball with the institute to get in... should i just keep playing both sides, or have i reached the "no turning back" stage :(

yea it does... you have to unlock/take the perk for expert locks... i passed on the "never break a lockpick" perk since i have hundreds of them anyways... so what if i break a couple, i'd rather spend that perk on something more beneficial to my build...

so when i got home from work tonight, i was totally gonna play more... but a graphics job here, and a few beers there, and now i don't wanna... but i guess i'll ask this question to those who have visited the institute... i've heard it's fucked up their playthrough to be a certain charater....

so i made it to the institute, but now they want me to assist coursers in the field, while the railroad wants me to eliminate the coursers... i've asked everyone i know in-game, and no one is giving a direct answer... i feel like i reached the pinnacle of the story, and if i help both sides, while the railroad claims i am still undercover, i might just fuck up my only chance to help them out...

so my only question is, do i just start taking out coursers and ignore the institutes questline for now, outside of helping the patriot save a dozen synths?? i mean, it seemed like the railroad wanted me to play ball with the institute to get in... should i just keep playing both sides, or have i reached the "no turning back" stage :(

That's the awkward thing, you have to keep doing the Institute quests to free those synths. And because I wasn't prepared to go to war against the brotherhood in my first playthrough I sided against the Institute, ending the synth saving quest abruptly.

I need to do a dedicated railroad playthrough after this one.

Edited by ViceMan

Well the quest at Mass Fusion

is the one that ultimately makes you decide to go to war against either the brotherhood or the Institute. So you'll have to go against the brotherhood there and the quest to save the synths should carry on as planned. It shouldn't last too long after that as usually the next faction to be wiped out is the next quest.

That's all I know, in my first playthrough the brotherhood and railroad both survived.

Just discovered the infinite grenades for provisioners also extends to nuka grenades, if you want some explosive fun on your travels be sure to try it. I also tried giving them a homing beacon from the Yangtze, didn't work though.

Edited by ViceMan

so you have no idea if what i am proposing locks me in a permanent faction... hmm, maybe someone else can chime in?? :unsure:...

*currently trying my damn'dness to be a railroad guy*

#DemFallout3Feels

I'm in the same boat bones. I'm backing up separate saves for every mission now. I figure if I go down a path I'm not happy with I'll go back and try something else. Haven't got to that point yet.

? if you have the advanced level lockpicking, eating mentants won't let you pick expert level locks??

where as before, if you needed 100 to lockpicking the hardest locks, but only had 91 lock picking you could chem your way to 100, you can't chem your way to the next level locking perk...

Don't worry Q, I knew what you meant before. Yeah the simplification of skills has made the game worse IMO, now you can't put points into big guns at every level to make you better at using them, you have to invest perks into improving your skill.

oh, well i don't take drugs on this character, so i don't know if there's one that helps you pick master locks or not... i just invested in those perks early on because it's one of the most useful perks in fallout... there's a million locked doors and containers in this game...

the perk tree simplified leveling, similar to how the perk tree simplified skyrim... i'm indifferent on how i feel about both changes... it still plays fun, but not being able to invest points seems odd, but if you play the perk tree right, it's aight... its just that i am at a point where i don't know what else to invest in...

Still working on my 'mega structure'.  Got the actual main structure complete - just a case of filling it out with stuff (I know what it's going to be - all will be revealed once I complete it!) and then 'fencing off' the rest of Abernathy Farm.

It's taken a hell of a lot of materials - just a good job I have a lot of caps as I also do a lot of scavenging, clearing places out and selling what I collected.

These two screenshots show how high I've managed to build.

12573041_10153965120824009_6379855242162

12507251_10153965123729009_3221430541924

• Like 2

here's my current situation, viceman...

i have two active quests right now that are a conflict... the institute wants me to help a coarser retrieve a rogue synth, and the railroad now wants me to take out coursers... but i am also trying to help out someone on the inside of the institute with sneaking out some synths...

i am basically at a crossroad here... do i continue to pretend to be friendly with the institute, or am i officially at the deciding point in my journey? i don't want to do anything to piss off the railroad either, so i feel like i have to now abandon anything to do with the other factions now...

Is taking out coursers for the railroad an actual quest? I can't recall that one. Is it some sort of radiant one, I did the MILA quests for Tinker Tom and a few for PAM. You need to follow the Institute quests and keep them friendly, doing the quest with X6-88 at Libertalia doesn't turn the railroad hostile. The quest for saving the synths should get to a point where it just says "continue working with the Institute" or something similar. If you are in doubt save before you do something and if it fucks up just reload.

The future choice that i've mentioned previously;

Mass Fusion is where you need to make a choice, but that's between brotherhood and institute. Naturally you'd need to side with the institute there.

Whew that wasn't fun to type out on my phone.

Edit: actually the game should prompt you if a quest will make another faction hostile, asking if you want to go through with it (see second spoiler.)

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

When you get to The Battle of Bunker Hill:

Warn the Railroad. Do what they say, then tell Father you were ambushed, stick with the lie. You'll remain on good terms with the Institute.

• Like 1

Hai Bones, If you're past bunker hill

First play-through I didn't lie to father on top of the CIT ruins. I responded "it was the right thing to do"

My character was a ultimate goody-goody and lying to his kid didn't feel right. That made me play through the minute man quests. When it came time to move forward, the quest told me to "talk to Sturges" (not saying exactly what it wanted me to do, not spoiling stuff. ) This set me in the minute man ending.  I likely could have talked to Tinker Tom but I didnt think of that. So I then got the minute man ending.

That pissed me off. I wanted the railroad all the way. The outcome is the same, but there are small differences. That is why I did the railroad again. I lied, and had sarcastic responses throughout the game. It felt pretty nice after pressing the X button for the nice guy responses so many times on my last playthrough,

Got the railroad ending.

Now what to do next, hmmm?

• Like 1

I have not been near the minutemen this game, aside from drugging Mama Murphy to death and then decapitating her and leaving her body in the street in sanctuary for Preston to walk past repeatedly. I haven't even repaired the place for Sturges.

It's a shame really because I chose the castle as my base of operations this time, and the mirelurk queen corpse and all the mud and egg piles are stuck there. They don't disappear until the minutemen control the castle again, so i'm debating whether to talk to Preston so it can be cleaned up.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

not passed bunker hill... therefor i will not read... but i did get a ways thru some of the story between the railroad and institute... but i probably still have a ways to go before they both start amping up their aggressiveness towards each other...

I have not been near the minutemen this game, aside from drugging Mama Murphy to death and then decapitating her and leaving her body in the street in sanctuary for Preston to walk past repeatedly. I haven't even repaired the place for Sturges.

It's a shame really because I chose the castle as my base of operations this time, and the mirelurk queen corpse and all the mud and egg piles are stuck there. They don't disappear until the minutemen control the castle again, so i'm debating whether to talk to Preston so it can be cleaned up.

lol that is pretty lame.

My second playthrough, I didn't even meet Preston. I beat the game but I still have the quest telling me to go to Concord. Fuckin Cowdworth just sits there not moving telling me to go there. I can't have him as a follower yet. 

not passed bunker hill... therefor i will not read... but i did get a ways thru some of the story between the railroad and institute... but i probably still have a ways to go before they both start amping up their aggressiveness towards each other...

well you liked massacres post lol. I was just saying what happens if you don't tell father "you were ambushed" 

if you don't wanna know that and what ending it puts you in, don't read it. No actualy story spoilers however

I could've sworn I picked up a black BOS uniform from a lancer on a crashed vertibird, gave it to one of my provisioners then sort of realised how rare they are. When I found him and took it off him it was an olive green one instead, so Brandis must be the only way to get them then. Looks like I need to start getting pickpocket perks.

Do the berserk syringes actually fucking work on anything? Every time i've used them it says the enemy "is too powerful" for it to work. No worries though as i've got an enraging 10mm pistol - the one that makes enemies berserk when hit with a critical, which always works regardless of enemy. The syringer is therefore pretty pointless now.

Do the berserk syringes actually fucking work on anything? Every time i've used them it says the enemy "is too powerful" for it to work. No worries though as i've got an enraging 10mm pistol - the one that makes enemies berserk when hit with a critical, which always works regardless of enemy. The syringer is therefore pretty pointless now.

All of the syringe loads work for me, but I'm using a highly modified long syringe sniper. It's ok but more of a distraction / novelty.

Nothing beats the Reba II for Mirelurks and bugs though....I've never had a problem with Bloodbugs or any of those insects.

Pair that up with Molotovs and you will be eating good this evening. Get the Reba II for helping Barney at the Rook Family House.

This is the SECOND holiday I've experienced in the game. The date is 10-31-2289.

I only checked because again, in Diamond City, a guard said, "Today is Halloween. But do we get treats? No - just tricks."   :lol:

post-46-0-39133200-1453166655_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Because of all the leaves on the ground, I had wishful thinking that there might be seasons (or at least some greenery, in the summer), but it never happened. It wouldn't be a problem to not have them, if that didn't imply that the piles of leaves that are everywhere have remained intact and untouched despite a nuclear explosion and 200 years of assorted weather and radstorms.

I have been using a catastrophic weapon in your honor for quite some time. 
This has taken down Legendaries, Behemoths, and Alphas....just did a Mythic Deathclaw effortlessly.
In Cricket Voice: "Just imagine what it does to Raiders, Gunners, and Synths.....Did you feel that?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dedicated to Massacre

This close-quarters weapon is necessary for when you absolutely need to kill every motherfucker in your vicinity.

No explosive rounds, no plasma additions, just pure base game carnage.

The Marksman's Advanced Combat Shotgun = Warwhore of the Wastes 

Advanced Receiver
Long Ported & Shielded Barrel
Recoil Compensating Stock
Quick Eject Drum Mag
Reflex Sight [Dot]
Compensator

Damage = 182
Fire Rate = 26

Range = 59

Accuracy = 48

Weight = 21.1