Massacre

Fallout

The cheeky monkeys;

In the Institute basement there's a room full of them, hanging from the ceiling and everything. It was pretty freaky.

They don't really serve any purpose though as there are no nearby enemies to alert or traps to trigger.

Jusy tested the strength of the mirelurk queen at Murkwater, she easily took down the annihilator sentry bot mk.2 at the bunker to the north, then the behemoth, which i'm not surprised about as they are weak as shit. But still, the sentry and behemoth only took her to 1/3rd health.

Edited by ViceMan

Also, I had a random encounter early in the game I want to mention, but no one here has said a word of it.

It's massive, a non-story spoiler, and I've seen mention of it in the loading screens....anyone want to hear about it?

Oh-damn-It39s-story-time-meme-24254.jpg

We're all ears, Synch.

• Like 1

It's massive, a non-story spoiler, and I've seen mention of it in the loading screens....anyone want to hear about it?

We're all ears, Synch.

Early in the game I was exploring around Sanctuary, the Ranger Station, and trying to figure out the runaway girl. Went to a nearby farm which turned out to be Abernathy Farm, and "discovered the location", now fast travel-able. Then this loud noise goes off. Something happened and I couldn't believe it so I reloaded from when I arrived at Abernathy and got the fast travel message. It happened again, so maybe not so random??? Here's what happened:

Looked like a jet going overhead, real close above, and it crashed in the distance. It was a straight line so I crouched and went as fast as possible, but it was new territory so I stayed crouched the whole way, avoiding ghouls and bugs. When I got up there it was near another farm on the tracks which turns out to be Oberland Station. The crash site is still on fire and the jet is pretty large and I thought there would be power armor or military guys dead to loot. There's all this plasma looking stuff on the ground so maybe there was a fight? It's like a trail of it so I followed it and yes, Massacre, the path leads to a cave. Inside the cave was an alien like from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. He started shooting at me, I didn't start shooting at him. Since he started it I killed him and he had an Alien Blaster on him with about 300-400 rounds.I didn't know this was in the game. All I could think about was Mothership Zeta. Really, the gun doesn't seem as powerful as it was in 3 and NV, and again who knows if there is even any more ammo for it. So I rarely use it.

Recently, I started discovering these relay towers which unlock radio distress calls.

Turns out that this is another way to find the place, the unknown signal coming from the cave sounds like the radio signal from the alien ship in Fallout 3, like the same type voices. So maybe if people didn't get the ship overhead, they can get the blaster by following the radio signal. Also, the game mentions the alien blaster in the loading screens.....

Sorry if that was boring, or you knew about it, or it ruined anything for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jusy tested the strength of the mirelurk queen at Murkwater, she easily took down the annihilator sentry bot mk.2 at the bunker to the north, then the behemoth, which i'm not surprised about as they are weak as shit. But still, the sentry and behemoth only took her to 1/3rd health.

Whenever I see the Queens I think, FOOD! Each Queen drops 5 pieces of meat which you can cook into five 200HP steaks! That's like the most powerful food in the entire game. At one point I had about 40 stocked up. At my Murkwater Construction Site, [Photo below] the settlers are heavily armed and armored, and there is everything built up high to trap her. 3 Laser turrets and a dozen machine gun turrets, plus the settlers. She's dead before I get there, and everyone eats good. I think the first one I found was hard, but they aren't really anymore.  :)

Was the mission at bunker hill?

No it was a storyline with

Nick and he gets you to have Dogmeat lead you to Kellog. After killing him, I go outside and the BoS is here for real. Not just the fetch missions for the guy and girl. In downtown and wherever Gunners, Raiders, or Mutants are, the Vertibirds are flying and fighting and crashing and it is one hell of a great time. Sadly, it seems like the BoS are going to want you to take the farms after talking with the stockroom vendor. So I stopped doing anything right now, except getting Tech Documents and Blood Samples. Reading the terminals on the Prydwyn, they tell a great story about Maxson, who you remember as a kid in Fallout 3.

post-46-0-14686900-1452821495_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Oh I thought most people knew about the cave by now.

Personally I only used the alien blaster a few times and then stored it in my personal shit chest next to my bed.

The vertibirds flying around can sometimes be fun, last night I had one crash onto my head while fighting a group of raider veterans and one legendary, it nearly killed me but not quite. One of my earliest memories of that point in the game was when I was building up Starlight drive-in with my first character, I think i'd just built some stuff that looked nice, had a few settlers etc. Then I saw a vertibird flying around in the distance, I go back to building only to turn round minutes later and see it pretty close and spinning wildly directly towards me and my settlement, eventually crashing into the parking lot of the drive-in, on the bit I hadn't built on yet luckily but it was close enough to do considerable damage to me and my settlers.

The brotherhood farm missions are bugged, as long as you don't kill the settlers Tegan will always send you back to the same one; for me it's Nordhagen beach this time, which is pretty close the the airport.

The FMS Northern Star, nobody's mentioned that yet;

The raiders there all speak Norwegian or some other Scandinavian language, I only noticed it playing with subtitles. Thought it was a bug, but reading the wiki apparently they are ghoul raiders from before the war.

And also;

Agility bobblehead on the front of the ship near the lift, and there's a magazine - tales of a Junktown jerky vendor I believe - on the deck too.

• Like 1

Yeah I've been to the Northern Star...   there is a school nearby that has something a little interesting too... I think something similar was in FO3... 

And with regards to the cave...

I think the alien blaster can be modified to use fusion cells, and I tried to carry the alien home with me but he wouldn't leave the cave. He is now suspended in the entrance way...

In real life, my daughter has been collecting my beer bottle caps in the lunch box I got with the game... I asked her why... "bottlecap mine"...  why have you got all those plastic caps... "when they get hot they will melt and stick on the bad guys"...

Fatherhood - am I doing it right??

• Like 5

I just couldn't get past the accent and general "i'm a robot" naivety... It was bad enough the first time I met Cait. Maybe this time i'll fuck her though, hell I regret not romancing Hancock just for shits and giggles. But my guy is gonna be full on right wing brotherhood, so necrophilia is probably a bad idea. But he's also a sleazy drug-addled cunt of a guy so I dunno, Curie may have to watch out.

• Like 1

I just couldn't get past the accent and general "i'm a robot" naivety... It was bad enough the first time I met Cait. Maybe this time i'll fuck her though, hell I regret not romancing Hancock just for shits and giggles. But my guy is gonna be full on right wing brotherhood, so necrophilia is probably a bad idea. But he's also a sleazy drug-addled cunt of a guy so I dunno, Curie may have to watch out.

Maybe you could hook up with Danse? 

I'm dragging him around right now, testing his combat skill. I've already had to stimpak him against a variation of deathclaw.

My girl is pretty much only into girls, so I won't be romancing him, but what he said to Curie was hilarious.

Something like, "The BoS doesn't share, maybe you could donate yourself for science...."   :lol: 

Well yeah Danse, but the whole Brotherhood questline will make that awkward. Last time I did Blind Betrayal...

I killed him after he convinced me to do so, maybe this time I won't. But then again i'm playing a pretty ruthless character who's loyal to the brotherhood.

but wait, curie is the mr. handy model robot... i'm not even gonna ask, i already put two and two together... and the cave, sigh... i need to start seriously playing this game more, every time i come in here i see spoilers... i FINALLY reached the institute last night... 

Not made it to the institute but I love good neighbor.... That robot with the guns is fine... She's stupid though... Stepped out for a meeting and left a Fatman and a few mini nukes on the counter.. Had to help myself

• Like 1

Not made it to the institute but I love good neighbor.... That robot with the guns is fine... She's stupid though... Stepped out for a meeting and left a Fatman and a few mini nukes on the counter.. Had to help myself

Have you read her terminal above the shop?

but wait, curie is the mr. handy model robot... i'm not even gonna ask, i already put two and two together... and the cave, sigh... i need to start seriously playing this game more, every time i come in here i see spoilers... i FINALLY reached the institute last night... 

Well, I used spoiler tags. For me, anything about the Institute is a spoiler, I'm not even close.

Just picked up an instigating fat man off of a legendary vampiric bloodbug, it also had three mini nukes on it. Good job it didn't have opposable thumbs too.

No, I believe it is an expert terminal and I'm only advanced... Was working on the local leader perk so I can have shops at my settlements...

Also, since you don't get skill points for lockpick/hacking what is the point of the chems that raise special?

Also, since you don't get skill points for lockpick/hacking what is the point of the chems that raise special?

Like, Mentats? You could use those in Fallout 3 to disarm the nuke in Megaton. 

The chems raise a particular special attribute, briefly, so you can open a lock or a terminal.

Certain clothes would do that as well in 3. I used to wear the Lab Coat for science/terminals...

Here there are a lot of charisma clothes I notice, like the Sequin Dress, for speeching.

Also, I get XP every time I lockpick or hack.

If you are right on the edge of levelling up, do one of those things to push over the edge.