Massacre

Fallout

Yeah they do take up quite a bit of wall space. But looks good with all the magazines displayed.

Here's the first 4 racks, completely full.

Upgraded to the 2 standing racks. Looks cool.Holds about 1 and a half of the racks.

post-46-0-00999800-1450223364_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-95924300-1450223374_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Dang, you opening a corner store?

No, these items add skill, and I collect them. I'm currently at level 73.

I do have stores set up at many of the settlements though.

Here is a shot of the Sanctuary Bar & Stores.

Also, the car in a tree......

post-46-0-80082200-1450236485_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-37024400-1450236499_thumb.jpg

post-46-0-77842300-1450236927_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I built a stairway to nowhere at my settlement ^_^ its 10 stories high, couldn't go higher than that.... I'm wondering if there is a way to get water to land into....

• Like 1

Kinda finished building Egret Tours, it's a pretty decent location, I think I prefer it to Starlight drive-in. If you put down concrete foundations under the water you can put lots of the industrial purifiers on them, got 200 water ATM. Food I just put loads of mutfruit bushes down next to the boathouse. Several missile launchers and heavy laser turrets for defense, a nice market area all lined up similar to how I did it in Starlight and another power armour workshop on top of the main building. I built my own personal shack on top of the boathouse where I engage in lesbionics with Cait, got a nice view of the glow from the crater there at night - very romantic. Plus there's always stuff spawning on the bridge just to the north so it's not as boring as Starlight was, at least my defenses are being put to use.

• Like 3

Dang, you opening a corner store?

I am!  In the process of building it at the moment - ground floor has all the stalls whilst the first floor has all the 'shop' shelves etc.  Pretty pointless on the face of it, but I'm intent on building up a good community!

Also working on building a 'walkway' in the sky which will eventually connect all my buildings together.

Was originally going to leave it for a while but after seeing other people's settlements, I changed my mind after I got a few ideas.

I built a stairway to nowhere at my settlement ^_^ its 10 stories high, couldn't go higher than that.... I'm wondering if there is a way to get water to land into....

Is there a 50 foot magnifying glass close by to a popsicle stick skyscraper?

• Like 1

If you haven't even started the quest, go to the side room in the Memory Den in Goodneighbor.

Fuck sake, I ran around the memory den for like 10 minutes not knowing where the fuck to go. 

I should get on trying to build pretty shit. 

I've spent too much time just making generic shakes to whip up beds for all my settlers. Doesn't sound like much but when you get all of your 25 settlements looking "passable" and functional, its a lot of dam work. 

The newer settlements just have one long bulding with about 20 sleeping bags smushed in as close as they can get tho. Kinda fed up with bulidng after all that. I probably should have just NOT built a recruitment beacon at all the settlements. 

Im gonna have to tell otiz to post some pics of his thing. He built a fortress on the island. The walls made entirely of the concrete foundation block, I think he put down about 500 blocks. 
  • Like 1

Is there a 50 foot magnifying glass close by to a popsicle stick skyscraper?

In the works bro, in the works.

I stopped making an effort with my settlements as soon as I realized that enemies usually just spawn right in the center of town. No one's keeping the gate shut, the walls mean nothing.

Now I'm just looking for a quiet place to live alone.

• Like 4

That's good to know as far as wasting materials on walls if they're useless. I've spend far more time working on Sanctuary than any other settlements, right now I only have two small farms and have contemplated moving everyone to the Hills instead. Sanctuary has yet to be attacked once (now I've probably jinxed it :P), whilst the others have needed help a few times. But lately I've spend more time doing the story than messing about with electrickery and beds.

Is it possible to set up supply lines between Sanctuary and Diamond City? If I could link those two, the farms could wait till later.

• Like 1

i abandoned settlement building ages ago, just been chipping away a little bit at my drive-in home... found a seamstress for my settlement, but i have yet to work on setting up an actual town there, so she just wanders around lol, so i had to add an extra bed... i'll get to it eventually...

i'm kinda being forced to work on a settlement project at the fort (not gonna spoil what or where that is for others) but it's pissing me off because i don't have the proper supplies, and i am sick of traveling back and forth between my drive-in and that place... and no, i don't want to set up a supply line because that would mean that i would have to build a beacon to attract more settlers, and etc... i just want to finish the damn quest :(...

That's good to know as far as wasting materials on walls if they're useless. I've spend far more time working on Sanctuary than any other settlements, right now I only have two small farms and have contemplated moving everyone to the Hills instead. Sanctuary has yet to be attacked once (now I've probably jinxed it :P), whilst the others have needed help a few times. But lately I've spend more time doing the story than messing about with electrickery and beds.

Is it possible to set up supply lines between Sanctuary and Diamond City? If I could link those two, the farms could wait till later.

About the supply lines, I couldn't get it going between my house in DC to any other settlement. It may be possible another way.

The farms are the food supply that the remote areas like Hangman's Alley need.

Once the farms are double (I use a double food to resident ratio) then there is enough for everyone.

I never had Gunners, Mutants, Raiders, Forged, Ghouls, or Synths spawn inside any of my settlements.

May be random, because I finally found a Raider peeking inside the wood metal barbed wire fence trying to shoot.

The only exception is the Mirelurk Queen at the Murkwater Construction Site. It *only* spawns inside anymore.

It's also valuable that I have turrets up high, on buildings and a certain craft item over looking walls.

Using the wood floor mode, there is a based ladder with a stand on top.

That works great for any 3 turrets, and I used to have all flamers. Now using the lasers, rockets, and shotguns elevated.

All of the residents at my settlements have reinforced armor and good weapons. The game notifies you to defend, it's easy.

I haven't got into any settlement building apart from my stash shack...  I find them, get them on my side, then just leave them as I find them... occasionally they will be attacked so I chuck up a couple of turrets after fighting off the invaders...  I think I missed a couple of attacks because one of them has no residents left...

I have just realised that I have spent as much time in FO4 than I did for my whole first full play through of FO3...  I have only done ONE story quest so far...  I have built nothing... I'll be dead before I finish this game...

• Like 3

I haven't got into any settlement building apart from my stash shack...  I find them, get them on my side, then just leave them as I find them... occasionally they will be attacked so I chuck up a couple of turrets after fighting off the invaders...  I think I missed a couple of attacks because one of them has no residents left...

I have just realised that I have spent as much time in FO4 than I did for my whole first full play through of FO3...  I have only done ONE story quest so far...  I have built nothing... I'll be dead before I finish this game...

I'm much the same - only done one or two story quests and a few side quests.  Kind of neglected most of my settlements - only tend to give them the basics and then leave them as they are.

As for the attacks - I keep forgetting about them so the residents go down to 0, however, just fast travelling to them and the residents 'reappear'.

I do have intentions to build up all my 'main' settlements - already building up Sanctuary obviously, and want to build up the Castle, Sunshine Tidings Co-op etc.

Might get the game finished in about 6 months! ;)

I don't believe so as DC isn't a settlement you control. I haven't bothered with the house there though.

I never had Gunners, Mutants, Raiders, Forged, Ghouls, or Synths spawn inside any of my settlements.

May be random, because I finally found a Raider peeking inside the wood metal barbed wire fence trying to shoot.

The only exception is the Mirelurk Queen at the Murkwater Construction Site. It *only* spawns inside anymore.

It's also valuable that I have turrets up high, on buildings and a certain craft item over looking walls.

Using the wood floor mode, there is a based ladder with a stand on top.

That works great for any 3 turrets, and I used to have all flamers. Now using the lasers, rockets, and shotguns elevated.

All of the residents at my settlements have reinforced armor and good weapons. The game notifies you to defend, it's easy.

The only settlements of mine that get attacked are the ones I haven't bothered doing anything with or ever go to. Abernathy Farm, Finch Farm or Greentop Nursery usually as they have some food production.

I have tried to keep my defense number lower than the sum of my food, water and power just so i'll actually get things attacking me at Egret Tours, but I still don't get raiders or anything else. Super mutants and raiders often spawn on the bridge to the north but they need a bit of encouragement to come within range of my defenses, however actual attacks i've not seen any of in a long time. I mean my defense is up about 160ish but I have 200 water, 40 odd food and 50 power so I should be getting attacks, i'm not sure if the difference between the two numbers has any affect on the frequency though (as with most things in this game it's never really explained and just left up to you to work out.)

Oh and also a good tip if you're early game is to give your provisioners the best weapons you can and one round, they don't use ammunition ('cept mini nukes and missiles, not sure about gauss or railway rifle rounds,) if you get caught by surprise out in the middle of nowhere they might just be close by to give you a hand, obviously the more provisioners and the longer their routes the better. But if you learn their routes to and from settlements it could help you out in a fight.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

my settlements get attacked all the time. I can't be bothered to fast travel to them now. The minutemen quests get annoying too. They pop up whether you like it or not if you are hanging around the castle. Maybe I should just disconnect that radio but then I couldn't use artillery

Home Plate looks like another "settlement" but doesn't function the same way. That's super frustrating, I have so much junk stored in my Sanctuary network, I'd like to use it to do trade with the vendors in Diamond City. I'd be able to upgrade armour/weapons for higher resale value in the city, and scrap the rest for building materials to use in the country.  I was hoping to link all my save & storage points via supply lines so I don't have to keep lugging shit all the time. Maybe my next few perks will have to go to strength.

• Like 1

Home Plate looks like another "settlement" but doesn't function the same way. That's super frustrating, I have so much junk stored in my Sanctuary network, I'd like to use it to do trade with the vendors in Diamond City. I'd be able to upgrade armour/weapons for higher resale value in the city, and scrap the rest for building materials to use in the country.  I was hoping to link all my save & storage points via supply lines so I don't have to keep lugging shit all the time. Maybe my next few perks will have to go to strength.

Yes, the Home Plate is misleading. I actually ran the bases for the achievement before realizing that was my house. 

Think it's just a place to crash, and later maybe part of a bigger achievement er whatever.

The 3rd strong back perk is the weird one - uses AP when over-encumbered, so it's like lug lug lug *blast* for 30 seconds until the AP meter depletes.

The 4th is the fast travel when over-encumbered, (Like in New Vegas) I use that constantly to move stuff 'cause I loot to excess, then sell to DC and use in other settlements.

The fast travel one will make it easier for you to move mass quantities to anywhere you want.  YaY.  :P

• Like 1