Massacre

Fallout

i need to stop messing around with the settlement stuff... it's distracting me from actually playing the game... last night i went back to missions... and i plan on sticking to that, so more missions for the minutemen and railroad...

I'd stuck trying clear out conova... I think I killed all the raiders but nothing happened...

As far as the size of fallout, I'm still in the top third of the map, the game is huge... Imo, and, unlike gta which just talked about vertical spaces, this game actually has them. Real post apocalyptic urban warfare going on.

Glitch to get around the settlement building limit. 

skip 45 seconds in

Apparently there's also a glitch to make your companion hold a limitless amount of loot. No overencumberment whilst on long loot hauls...

• Like 1

Anyone else getting the gltich where it says (from your pip boy's data tab) you don't have certain resources (beds, defense, food) at a base and your settlers happiness goes down. Then once you go to the settlement to check it, it all comes back and the happiness slowly goes up? The pip boy tries telling me Sanctuary has no beds, meanwhile I know for a fact I've put down over 30.

More or less all my settlements are getting this so i have to travel back to them just to stop the happiness from going down. Its really fucking annoying. I've said fuck it and they can be unhappy. Building this shit and playing quests is enough work to not worry about a fucking gltich. 

Also, I think the max amount of settlers one place can have is 18. So don't worry about making more beds than that. 

ALSO! I made settlers from Sancturary my supply line provisioners for other settlements. Now i can't take them off being provisioners and My Sanctuary is down about 4 people that could have been working on resources. I tried taking one off, and I could. But then I couldn't assign anyone else to work the that supply line. 

Spread out your supply line provisioners so they dont all come from one settlement. I sent all Sanctuary peolple out.  Should have maybe sent 1 or 2, then went to the other settlements and sent people from that settlement TO Sanctuary. 

This kept happening to me at Starlight Drive-In, I have 11 dwellers with 43 water, but when I fast travel away my data screen says they have zero water.

Never Ending Double-Barrel Shotgun

--Unlimited ammo capacity--

Found on the Legendary Feral Ghoul Roamer. Score!   :D

My character had to get out of the water for awhile, she just swims around finding treasure. (Aquagirl perk)

• Like 2

I'm playing the game on hard now. 

The usual raider is still pretty easy to sneak kill, but when I see a legendary level character, fuck man,  I ran away from a Deathclaw lol. I was yelling Codsworth, get the fuck out of there!

Codsworth actually kicks ass but he makes sneaking harder because he always runs in the battle. Good for someone who is going for the run and gun power armour style. 

I got his companion perk so I will probably go on to a different person. 

Funny thing, I was using chems here and there just at hard parts, but Codsworth disliked everytime I did, then after having my addiction cured by the railroad doc, he said they frown upon chems. Now I feel like I shouldn't use them any more. Dam role-playing. I never gave a shit to worry about that stuff in previous Fallout games. 

Except when I was on the legions side in New Vegas and they didn't let you bring that stuff in the camp. 

^ I found that place the other day, is it the Harbormaster Hotel?

Anyone else getting the gltich where it says (from your pip boy's data tab) you don't have certain resources (beds, defense, food) at a base and your settlers happiness goes down. Then once you go to the settlement to check it, it all comes back and the happiness slowly goes up? The pip boy tries telling me Sanctuary has no beds, meanwhile I know for a fact I've put down over 30.

More or less all my settlements are getting this so i have to travel back to them just to stop the happiness from going down. Its really fucking annoying. I've said fuck it and they can be unhappy. Building this shit and playing quests is enough work to not worry about a fucking gltich. 

Also, I think the max amount of settlers one place can have is 18. So don't worry about making more beds than that. 

I thought max settlers was 20, but I have 21 at Starlight. I'm not sure if it counts companions you send there as residents, I sent Piper there and put her to work tending the farms, plus Dogmeat's there too.

Speaking of Starlight, it has to be my favourite settlement so far, just because it's not too cluttered with preexisting buildings meaning I can fully unleash my creative-urban-planning-anal-nit-picking (lol) fastidiousness. I only got half of the wall done before I hit the build cap so i've been using the throw down junk and scrap glitch to bypass that and finish my town. I'm really liking it, I have a full market area with all the big vendor stalls, I placed down loads of shelves behind stocked with their relevant gear which gradually gets knocked about and falls into the floor but it looked nice to begin with, made it feel more lived in. I have the ocassional settler who somehow manages to get on to a roof and do their suicidal looking bit and not doing their allocated job, but I always tempt them down by removing the roof their standing on. Also, has anyone conclusively found out what the salvaging station does yet?

In general i'm kinda mixed about the game, it's great but it doesn't feel revolutionary or pushing the limits of the console, in Boston you sometimes get huge fps drops (usually after playing for a solid few hours though.) My initial thought when I played it was "this feels exactly like Skyrim" but I guess it would when it started development around the same time. However Skyrim is 4 years old now and last-gen and this doesn't feel any sharper to me, i'm not talking about bugs or glitches either as you expect that with a Bethesda game (only had two crashes so far though,) just technically it doesn't feel like a 2015 game. Still i'm loving it and taking my time with the story and quests, looking forward to finishing this character and starting again with a more honed one... probably a laser wielding science buff who "don't take no shit from no-one".

See you next year! *semi-joking

• Like 3

I bumped into a Yao Guai last night, slightly terrifying since I'm only level 11 (almost 12). If it weren't for Dogmeat for distraction and pure luck at finding a spot between two trees and a rock wall to stay somewhat out of reach, I managed to kill it. Found a second sniper rifle, this one has night vision! Also spent some time in Sanctuary building a two-storey barracks house with a couple of security posts on the roof. Foraging is fun but I'm going to branch out and start opening up the map to the west of Diamond City.

I like how you end up stumbling over molerats and sleeping feral ghouls...it's quite a treat to sneak along and then step right into an attack.

• Like 3

I bumped into a Yao Guai last night, slightly terrifying since I'm only level 11 (almost 12). If it weren't for Dogmeat for distraction and pure luck at finding a spot between two trees and a rock wall to stay somewhat out of reach, I managed to kill it. Found a second sniper rifle, this one has night vision! Also spent some time in Sanctuary building a two-storey barracks house with a couple of security posts on the roof. Foraging is fun but I'm going to branch out and start opening up the map to the west of Diamond City.

I like how you end up stumbling over molerats and sleeping feral ghouls...it's quite a treat to sneak along and then step right into an attack.

Sanctuary just became my test town. I never go back there now, so everyone could quite possibly be dead and my pip-boy's lying to me.

I remember a time when Lexington just had ghouls in it, now i've levelled so much there's a resident Behemoth there who I constantly have to kill every time I come through and the raider in the power armour on the billboard carries a fat man... still it adds to the fun. I'm sad to say that i'm getting bored of vertibirds getting into battles with super mutants and crashing every time i'm near.

I'm totally treating Sanctuary as a training ground as well, figuring out how to build stuff, interact with NPCs and set up supply lines etc. Being a pack mule gets boring after a bit though, so I want to open up some more of the map before choosing a spot to build a home base for the realzies.

• Like 1

Fallout 4 isn't goty, not by a long shot... But it's still passable...

80 imo, but the radio dude definitely cuts it to 70...

I haven't specifically listened to the radio but there's a quest to make that guy more confident which I did the other day, at the Dugout Inn in Diamond. Dunno what unlocked it though, I just got told to speak to the barman.

Just tentatively put my first missile turret down at Starlight, I held off until now for fear of it blowing up half the town. I'm sure the patch will take care of that though when Beth get rid of the scrap exploit.

Personally, I'm absolutely loving the game and it's going to be a long time before I put down the game (well apart from when I eventually get Just Cause 3).  

Easily GOTY for me but that's easy to say considering I've only bought two games this year (the other being Dragonage Inquisition but that was released November last year anyway).

Always love how I go out to do a certain thing but then spot somewhere worth exploring and end up doing something completely different anyway!

As for settlements - got a few going but Sanctuary is my main focus at the moment.  Get that built up first and then look to see what I can do with the rest.

• Like 1

I am enjoying they game, it's just as good as fallout3 or nv... My issue that it should be better... Also the dialogue, and thus far, based on my very limited time with the game, the stories you get from the computer terminals aren't as good.. Like, for instance, the truck stop.... There are a few consoles but none of them say anything... Smallish details.

The game isn't perfect, but there's no way it isn't game of the year. Witcher 3 was good, but it doesn't even come close to Fallout 4. The only other contender is MGSV, and MGS has always been painfully overrated, and the series mostly relies on its loyal fanbase, rather than actually doing anything new or interesting. V is no different.

• Like 1

The game engine is showing it's age, I reckon...  needs a climb mechanic...  I would prefer the dialogue to be more like FO3 and NV...  the options in this one are a bit vague and I am sometimes not sure whether I have responded in the way I wanted to...

I like to use my companion as a decoy to draw the enemies out so I can pot them from a safe hiding spot... I didn't realise the brackets around the HIDDEN while in stealth mode indicated how close you were to being found until just now... this is very useful for a crap stealther like me...

• Like 1

the options in this one are a bit vague and I am sometimes not sure whether I have responded in the way I wanted to...

Agreed on both counts. That's how I ended up getting in a big fight with one settlement and had to kill everyone. I'm not saying I wouldn't have made the same choice in the end, but 'sarcasm' or 'no' isn't a lot to go on vs. to picking from a list of answers. I'll probably make another character that'll only be sarcastic and say no to everything. 

And I've started sending Dogmeat ahead to flush out enemies...he's always underfoot when sneaking anyway, so it serves a dual purpose.

Fucking AI logic. I discover Quincy ruins taking that kid home, get involved in a massive fight between plasma rifle wielding, power armour wearing gunners and caravan guards, kill most of the gunners, take a shot at the last guy and a caravan guard steps in the way and gets hit. Next thing I know I get the "send piper to..." screen and the "she hated that" popup, then she turns hostile so I put a couple of shotgun rounds in her head, say fuck it, reload and do it all over again. And she was supposedly meant to be my lover. True story.

Edited by ViceMan

it's GOTY for me because the only other game i played this year was the witcher... and as much as i actually did like it, i couldn't play it enough to actually beat it... eventually i got bored of the combat system and stopped playing... while i think they nailed the questing part, there just wasn't enough to keep me playing... i eventually started playing GTAO again and never went back...

but fallout? i am still playing GTAO but i keep coming back for more... i keep finding new shit to do, and the world itself just sucks me right in... QD is right tho, i find the stories on the terminals to be bland and boring... i skim thru 'em now lol :lol:...

i just got a machine that makes ice cold beer :wub:... and i found some strange grasshopper statue that started a new quest... da fuq?? lol... oh well, i'll just keep on keepin' on... this game is certainly what i expected for sure...

• Like 2