Massacre

Fallout

To be fair, The Elder Scrolls has nurtured that sentiment since the beginning. There's always been a quick and easy fix for vampirism or lycanthropy. Bethesda would just need to make it clear that there's no going back.

On a semi-related note, at what point do you folks think that one is officially a ghoul? As soon as the skin starts to fall off? When it's all gone? The first time someone recoils in horror or disgust? Or perhaps the first time they call someone a smoothskin.

Maybe it's purely mental. There was the guy at the RepConn facility in New Vegas who thought he was a ghoul just because his hair fell out. It makes me hope for a companion or just an NPC who has no idea that he's a ghoul. Never even acknowledges the possibility of it. He's fighting for survival, just like everyone else. No time to lose sleep over a little skin condition.

I always ended that quest by having him blow them all up during the launch, even on my good karma runs, I just can't help myself. If you do it correctly, does it successfully launch?

I would probably say somebody is a ghoul once they get healed by radiation. Why do ghouls have triple the average lifespan? (I say triple based on Raul)

yea can't do anything with it yet tho :P... and i am not sure how useful it will be when i can easily press an in-game button that pauses time while i go thru my shit... perhaps when i am not home i could do some inventory scouting to make plans for when i get home??

they got the one game you can play!!

you can also see the map...

I always ended that quest by having him blow them all up during the launch, even on my good karma runs, I just can't help myself. If you do it correctly, does it successfully launch?

I would probably say somebody is a ghoul once they get healed by radiation. Why do ghouls have triple the average lifespan? (I say triple based on Raul)

It successfully launches, but you obviously never find out if they reached their promised land. The assumption is they all died brutally in the vacuum of space. 

Actually, there's an ending where they return from their journey and help Novac, if you use your science skill to adjust the rockets' trajectory to be more accurate. It's the only way Novac has a somewhat positive ending.

Actually, there's an ending where they return from their journey and help Novac, if you use your science skill to adjust the rockets' trajectory to be more accurate. It's the only way Novac has a somewhat positive ending.

Really? I did all that and never heard from them again. I love New Vegas. Just when you think you know everything about it someone makes you look silly. It's also possible (even probable) that I was so drunk I missed it. I've only played NV through twice, I'm a bad man. I rant and rave about how bad 3 is, yet I've spent hundreds of hours on 1 and 2, and no where near that on my favourite of the series (although NV and 2 alternate between my favourite depending on my mood).

Between my interest in drinking, Star Wars, Fallout and Middle-Earth I can't understand why I'm still single. 

• Like 1

Got to make a big effort to get New Vegas complete this weekend... might have to miss out on some stuff...  haven't even met the Boomers yet...  going to push for the independent Vegas ending...  

I have 3 days off work after release day... should just give me time to finalise my character...  although I might try and play through the first time without getting too serious....  making decisions in Fallout games are way more difficult than real life choices...

• Like 2

My one complaint for f4 is character creation. I like my characters gruff, so my character is going to look really out of place pre-apocalypse. Also, if anybody messes with the character creation in the pip boy app let me know if they have that fucked up eye thing with the scar they had in Skyrim.

I'm not the biggest Fallout fan, but that doesn't stop me from wanting the game day one.

I just hope it has the magic that 3 had, despite how messy it was. I want that explore and find feeling, that feeling of discovery, and curiosity which made 3 my favourite fallout. The landmarks and locations really made 3 feel like i was exploring post-Washington.

Post-Boston better have that feeling.

• Like 4

i feel like it will ;)... that new trailer really hit home for me, it looks like the fallout i want... now lets just hope the story is interesting and the side quests are just as interesting... did you see that waterworld-like area?? that looks like it'll be fun to explore as well B)...

this is pretty much the only trailer breakdown video i could find (so far)... i liked his analysis so much that i subscribed, even tho he didn't ask me too, which is also another key reason why lol... 

*doesn't watch anal cist

Trailer is enough for me. I wanna find out the rest myself when I play. Hot digity that looks sick. Mission this weekend is to finally beat metal gear 5. Past couple weeks i played gta too much fawk. 

i feel like it will ;)... that new trailer really hit home for me, it looks like the fallout i want... now lets just hope the story is interesting and the side quests are just as interesting... did you see that waterworld-like area?? that looks like it'll be fun to explore as well B)...

Fuckn mirelurks are gonna ruin things for me :(

Fuckn mirelurks are gonna ruin things for me :(

My one positive memory of Fallout 3 is fleeing Mirelurks in terror. Angry jerks. I just wanted to ask them the time. 

• Like 3

i feel like no one saw the trailer i posted :(...

Really?

Even when you knew I've been waiting to see that fine CGI female booty in tight Vaultwear?

Thank you bOnEs !!!!!!

There's been way too many close ups on the dude from behind.

I'll be playing as usual, behind the girl.  B) 

That and,

......the Institute finds you.....

this is pretty much the only trailer breakdown video i could find (so far)...

This is a welcomed gift as well. Thanks again bro  

• Like 3