Massacre

Fallout

Yeah, the only areas that are populated in MMO's are main mission routes & cities. So going through the story would probably make you feel like just another vault survivor, and nothing special, unless they make it different from generic MMO games.

I think it would be cool open world, with live "events" where a ton of people have to take down a huge mutant. Or a live raid where you have to protect or take over another faction's base. But i also think "dungeons" as in small (4 people group) objectives where you're the only people there, would be a good way to go for some of the story missions. Maybe even raiding old vaults for resources could be a good way to go for the dungeon mechanic. 

if they can separate us from the heard for caves and building scavenge hunts, it would be cool… but perhaps having big cities to use as hubs would make sense… perhaps they could do it like destiny and once you leave the city walls, you're in your own party with your friends??

God damn I hated dead island.

Some games are meant to be sp. Don't whore it up with unnecessary mp.

It's the lone survivor, lone wanderer, ect....

That is all.

• Like 2

Destiny's structure could work. If the map is big enough, maybe even have 16 players on the map, which you may or may not encounter at all. And it's up to you if you want to keep the peace, or go raider on their ass, and loot their shit (maybe only a set amount of their shit). 

The large population is easy enough to manage. Just split us into factions, instead of playing as a vault dweller.

Raider

NCR

Tribal

NCR gets the Boneyard, Tribals get Arroyo, Raiders get New Reno. Areas are divided like TESO, but you're free to enter another faction's land, as long as you avoid the capital city.

There would still be loot everywhere, but multiple people can grab the same loot. Certain areas can only be entered alone, or with an organized party, for when they need to build tension (ruin full of ghouls), certain quests are for certain factions only, etc. It's plenty doable.

I'm aware that tribals can freely enter the Boneyard (I think I'm the only one here who knows Fallout/Fallout 2 lore, actually), but this is a gameplay-trumps-lore scenario.

• Like 2

I loved dead island. the story was meh but i played it with my cousin.

the story in dying light is far better.

and ya, a destiny type thing, or even some that looks like the division. in that game if im not mistaken, you play with your group, in your own online "bubble" but then sometimes you merge in a game with another squad and you battle it out.

if it were an MMO, I'd probably not bother. I doubt they would go MMO. Skyrim online didn't do so well. Their fans are like most of you, wanting the single player experience.

They could make the exact thing you are looking for, but throw in some co-op that would not effect the game if you were to just play it by yourself.

Dyling light and dead island are perfectly fine to play alone. actually it's far more freaky and intense on your own cause you have no one to revive you or watch your back

The large population is easy enough to manage. Just split us into factions, instead of playing as a vault dweller.

Raider
NCR
Tribal

NCR gets the Boneyard, Tribals get Arroyo, Raiders get New Reno. Areas are divided like TESO, but you're free to enter another faction's land, as long as you avoid the capital city.

There would still be loot everywhere, but multiple people can grab the same loot. Certain areas can only be entered alone, or with an organized party, for when they need to build tension (ruin full of ghouls), certain quests are for certain factions only, etc. It's plenty doable.

I'm aware that tribals can freely enter the Boneyard (I think I'm the only one here who knows Fallout/Fallout 2 lore, actually), but this is a gameplay-trumps-lore scenario.

fuck that sounds cool. could have different MP modes on top of a storyline

• Like 1

Actually, based on what I've seen, we'll all know how we want to do a Fallout MMO, once The Division is out. It seems like they're doing it right, in terms of both population management, and MMO on console.

I hope it actually happens, this year. I was fine with the delays, when I didn't have a PS4. Now, it's bothering me.

Some games are meant to be sp. Don't whore it up with unnecessary mp.

It's the lone survivor, lone wanderer, ect....

That is all.

Agreed.  It's the main reason I enjoy Fallout.  It used to be the main reason I enjoyed the GTA's.  Each to their own, but having a bunch of whiny 12 year old's shouting down their microphones at you while playing online ain't my idea of fun.

Multiplayer used to be a nice add on to most games.  Now it's the main feature of a lot of them.  It's leading to smaller and poorer story lines.  Look at the front page of igta5.com...  With the exception of the PC version news and the merchandise they sell all it's about is multiplayer.  By now I'd have thought some single player DLC would have been in the news...  Unless I've missed something!!

Agreed. To a point.

I've never really played much online before gtav. I loved the sp story and devoured it. But I really looked forward to the online aspect. Not just because I finally got to create my own character and experience in the gta world, but I also got to meet people from all over the world and share something we love to do. Without leaving my lounge room. If I can do that with fallout.... Rivers of cum will ensue.

• Like 6

Agreed Rob.  I don't have too much of a problem with online game play aside from the mardy 12 year olds I mentioned earlier.  It's a natural evolution as internet access speeds got faster and more readily available.  It's just that for more and more games, it seems to be the thing that hogs the limelight of the game and is the majority of it with the story line being left behind.

Of course it could just be that I find it easy to beat the games AI, and real people a lot tougher!! :-)

Anyway, slight tangent from the thread.  If Bethesda have been working on this for as long as is being assumed I would like to think the storyline will still be massive and interesting.  If it has online gameplay I'll try it, and who knows, I may like it.

I think an online intergrated story would probably dilute the story too much for it to be a fallout game. The way GTA did it is probably the only way we can all enjoy an online experience in the world of fallout.

yea, that's why i mentioned fallout online as a separate thought, a different game… because the fallout experience has always been one for single player, it needs to have that individual story, that is what fallout is all about… same with oblivion and skyrim...

if we're gonna go into an online mode, it'll have to be about factions, like elder scrolls online is about… that's why they MUST be separate things… otherwise, yea, you get that diluted story, and that'd ruin fallout forever… the story is one of the coolest parts of fallout...

that why dying light works, the story doesn't adhere to multiple characters. online you all play the same dude.

the story is a lot better than the dead island games.

but your right, I'd like the online to be a separate campaign. I don't know how they would handle differing storylines and different endings if there are more than one person in the story. I didn't think of that the last time I posted.

Nope. I will not be led into false hope. Unless. Bethesda themselves call me at home and tell me it's happening. I will believe nothing I see, hear or read about the possibility of another fallout game.

Nope. I will not be led into false hope. Unless. Bethesda themselves call me at home and tell me it's happening. I will believe nothing I see, hear or read about the possibility of another fallout game.

The thing is that this is legit, its scary to beileve thanks to past hoaxs, but this is a serious, buisness website.

Doomed to another year of filler before we get a real game...

Fixed.

Getting real sick of this shit. We haven't seen a Bethesda-made Fallout in seven fucking years. Do they not understand that they're completely fucking worthless, if they're not releasing a new Fallout or Elder Scrolls? It's exactly like Rockstar's non-GTA games, with the sole exception of the original Manhunt and Red Dead Redemption.

Studios get lucky only once in a blue moon. They should know by now that new IPs and old franchises that should have died a decade ago aren't going to help them.