Massacre

Fallout

Unless your energy weapons skill is very high, they're pretty much useless. I think there are certain enemies that they're more useful against, but it's not worth the inventory space.

• Like 2

explosives are fun in NV too... the weapons are pretty slim in F3, guns are pretty much the best bet... even melee is kind of meh... that's one thing i love about NV is the weapon selection... you can pretty much play the game using whatever the hell you want to use... you could use melee/unarmed all the way, and i almost did with delilah since she was a master fister...

• Like 2

I use my lead pipe for everything melee. I've come across better melee weapons, but I love saying I beat somebody to death with a lead pipe for whatever reason, like George. Dumb motherfucker should have just gave me the fucking note.

I went in to gray ditch with about 30 frag grenades and cleared out the fireants....

I found the kids father too. I cut his head off to bring back to the kid, but opening the door while holding both a frag grenade and the dudes head proved a task to difficult

Once (if) I get round to finishing Fallout 3, I was going to move straight onto NV... I have tried to immerse myself in the Lone Wanderer's story and would like to continue his tale as The Courier...

Is there anything in Fallout lore that would make this impossible?

Finding the violin for Agatha.... I haven't really explored too much north of Vault 101 and exploring anywhere takes 3 times as long because of my hoarding tendencies...

That's a great quest for a number of reasons, mainly the Blackhawk reward.

You can totally stealth your way through it using the white noise flushes, and a little skill.

Just kill everything with FIRE FIRE FIRE. Then also have some sheet music for Agatha when returning the Soire Stratavarius.

Your stealth, lockpicking, and lurk killing skills should be upped after. Plus the caravans stop at Agatha's.

Quick question for the masters...

I have Broken Steel installed. Do I have to finish the story to continue ranking up after 20 because I'm at 19 now and don't want to "waste" XP? (I would use the Wiki but don't want to spoil the BS story... I know most of the main games one though...)

No you can continue on.

Broken Steel is epic, long, and cool. It will eat your leveling up for sure.

Try the first DLC Operation Anchorage first for the XP and massive rewards.

Is there any advantage energy weapons have over the more traditional guns? They all seem a lot weaker....

Not much really, it's your choice.

Gatling Laser is awesome, and the rare variants found in the Deathclaw Sanctuary and at the Adams AFB during Broken Steel.

Other than that, it's the one given to you by Harkness, and a few other rare ones.

I go pyro and sniper myself. Fooled around with the energy weapons but only to max skill.

Once (if) I get round to finishing Fallout 3, I was going to move straight onto NV... I have tried to immerse myself in the Lone Wanderer's story and would like to continue his tale as The Courier...

Is there anything in Fallout lore that would make this impossible?

It's a natural thing to go to New Vegas next. Different story, location, and character.....not sure about the lore part but yeah.

Not the same character, but the timeline is like, parallel, er something.

Out west in NV, the Enclave is but a "remnant".....it's all about Caesar's Legion vs. New California Republic, and Mr. House and his NV Strip.

There are more than a few factions but those are the main 2 and Mr.House......

It's the same feel but different. You'll love it Gin. :)

• Like 3

I am fighting my way through Raven Rock at the moment... my inventory is bursting and there is so much loot I can't take... the jew hoarder in me is crying...

Must not forget to get the bobblehead...

Also, does being in Little Lamplight boost your skills? Not the SPECIAL ones but all the others... They all had the + sign next to them when I was in there suggesting there was something bumping them up but it wasn't from what I was wearing... :mystery:

• Like 2

Lol? Im at level eight, had to fight three on the way there... No stimpacks (a rule this time around) and killed them all with a chinese rifle, then, once they got close, switching to the sishkabob

Anyone know why the console function isnt working on PC, Im using an xbox controller but ive tried not using it and the console doesnt work either way..

A couple of recent observations...

Getting the Bloody Mess perk makes looting a bit more time consuming, especially in confined spaces... and the Explorer perk has just added another 30+ hours of game time for me....