Massacre

Fallout

Highest skills are speech and guns. He is totally motivated by caps, but doesn't enjoy violence. Works with the NCR because they asked first, and has already killed too many members of the leigon to go back. I have the Boomers and the Kings behind him, but I've yet to make contact with anybody else. It says I'm liked by The Brotherhood of Steel, but I don't know why. I'm not sure of what else is important and what isn't, you can ask away if you want.

Buying Fallout 3 on Tuesday, any helpful advice?

yea, just do what you would like to do... follow the story loosely because it will lead you to major cities and places, but play it however you want... when time calls for you to just wander, do that... stop at places and do a little exploring if you're on your way somewhere... you never know what rare item or quest will pop up...

repair skill is pretty important, and so is medical for a beginner to fallout... so while you're working on your gun skills and lockpicking and what-have-ya, keep dropping points here and there in repair... a lot of newbies don't realize how important that skill is in fallout 3 because you have to repair weapons and armor with other weapons and armor, and sometimes those are hard to find if you have something a little more rare... in NV you can build repair kits out of trash...

also, if you need a house for storage, keep in mind that a lot of places have storage spots... dumpsters are good places to put your stuff, but i always just used the women's bathroom in megaton until i found my own personal space or did the quests to get either the megaton place, or tenpenny suite...

Where can I get an Anti-Material Rifle?

I want to see what happens when I give it to Boone.

when you reach a certain level or skill, NCR rangers carry them around regularly... you'll have to silently kill one for it tho, which, in the grand scheme of things, one missing ranger isn't gonna be missed... as long as no one sees you, it will barely screw with the faction points...

@Parker - forget your previous life.... you are now a Lone Wanderer...

Just got round to exploring the southwest of the Capital Wasteland, distracting me from the story again... found out about Oasis from the drifter... sooo, off to check that shit out...

Quick question for the masters...

I have Broken Steel installed. Do I have to finish the story to continue ranking up after 20 because I'm at 19 now and don't want to "waste" XP? (I would use the Wiki but don't want to spoil the BS story... I know most of the main games one though...)

Also, I saw a review that said the main story of Fallout 3 could probably be completed in 15-20 hours... I am 140+ hours in and my next story quest is The Waters of Life....

Has anyone ever done a speed run? What's the lowest possible rank or XP points you can end the main story with?

• Like 1

oasis is a good quest B)...

once broken steel is installed, you can reach level 30, even if you ignore the main story... and sure, fallout 3 could be beaten in 15-20 hours... hell it could probably be beaten in 8 hours if you know where to go at a certain point in the story... but it's the side quests and general character development that will eat into your time... but yea, the main story is probably in the 12-16 hour range... i never did a speed run because i can't do that with games like this... there's so much to enjoy that i can't just make a straight run thru the story...

• Like 2

that's the baby glitch i think... i can't see the video at work... i was talking a legitimate play...

Yea those use glitches to skip all the quests.

I can't believe how after spending roughly 350 hours into fallout last time I played it, i'm still finding new things.... Or, atleast they feel new.

• Like 3

You could probably find someone willing to give you a desktop capable of running fo3 on medium; the game is almost 7 years old by now...

A gaming rig from 2005 should be able to run it...