Massacre

Fallout

It's been too long since I've played this, I don't even recall what level I'd reached when everything got derailed by Skyrim. Gaming time is at a premium these days, and GTAV seems to trump anything else. I did have a cool Fallout-esque dream the other night.

As I listened to Carol's story again, the Ink Spots came on GNR with "I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire"...it suited her speech perfectly.

I'd totally forgotten how great the dialogue is.

Sheeeeeeit. Mods? Nigga, you in over yo head. I shall assist, if needed. I have hundreds of mods for every Bethesda game I have on PC. Close to 350, for Skyrim, last I checked.

I actually need to do clean re-installs for New Vegas and Skyrim, but I'm so fucking lazy.

Sure massacre, i'd accept help.

I was planning on working my way down the nexus

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/top/?

Good list. Take note that a lot of those graphics mods conflict. Really read the descriptions, any good modder provides a list of compatible and incompatible mods.

To start, check out this Pastebin. Ctrl+F "Fallout 3 Modding." It gives a pretty simple, basic guide.

http://pastebin.com/i2XRW2W0

I suggest Fallout Mod Manager over Nexus Mod Manager. FOMM can have issues with Fallout 3, though. If that happens, you can either move Fallout 3 to its own folder, outside of your Program Files, or just give NMM a shot. I chose to move the game to its own folder, on the same drive.

Sheeeeeeit. Mods? Nigga, you in over yo head. I shall assist, if needed. I have hundreds of mods for every Bethesda game I have on PC. Close to 350, for Skyrim, last I checked.

I actually need to do clean re-installs for New Vegas and Skyrim, but I'm so fucking lazy.

Yea I had a lot of trouble at first but im doing pretty good now...im using Dynamo enb and project reality but im not sure if reality is doing anything. Also using weapons of the new millenia.Tried using the character overhaul but cant get it to work.

Bethesda games, without an ENB, tend to be pretty hideous. More so, after you've played with an ENB for a while. Take a screenshot, move the ENB files to temporary folder, and take another screen. It'll immediately be pretty obvious how much of a difference the ENB makes, but go ahead and photoshop a quick side-by-side.

If I remember correctly, Dynamo mostly relies of depth-of-field and a grain filter. It's not much of an improvement, outside of very specific lighting conditions.

Copy the image url, click the icon that looks like a picture of a tree (it's kind of hard to see), paste the url in the box provided.

I can't tell if your pic is with or without the ENB, so it doesn't seem to do much indoors.

What texture packs do you recommend, massacre?

Also, how do you install FOOK2? I tried using fomm, but apparently FOOK is too large to be installed without fomm running out of memory...

Sorry, Q. Only just had time to look over my files.

For texture packs, you don't want to even acknowledge anything but NMC's pack. The before and after pics will vouch for me. :fap:

http://www.nexusmods...t3/mods/12056/?

FOOK2 is one of the bitchiest mods I've ever dealt with, especially with a mod manager. Even if you do get it installed and functional (I suggest doing it manually), it conflicts with a lot of mods. An ungodly amount of mods. The only safe way to run FOOK2, honestly, is to install it and nothing else, and test it with each individual mod you download. For me, it wasn't even worth it. The mods I had that conflicted with FOOK were more important to me. I suggest finding individual mods that do what FOOK does overall.

ENB presets (you'll want one, but take the time to admire the texture pack, first) are personal choice. I like to mod my Fallout games to make the wasteland look as fucked-up, hostile, and inhospitable as possible.

Easiest way to tell is to find a garbage can. It's the most drastic change.

12056-2-1270558543.jpg

It's also a lot more noticeable if you play for 500 hours before installing the texture pack. I noticed the difference immediately, because I originally bought Fallout 3 for Xbox.

I can't even look at a Bethesda game without a texture pack and an ENB, anymore. The modding community has spoiled me.

• Like 2

Easiest way to tell is to find a garbage can. It's the most drastic change.

12056-2-1270558543.jpg

It's also a lot more noticeable if you play for 500 hours before installing the texture pack. I noticed the difference immediately, because I originally bought Fallout 3 for Xbox.

I can't even look at a Bethesda game without a texture pack and an ENB, anymore. The modding community has spoiled me.

The difference is incredible...even NMC medium to large is huge leap.Also is skyrim similar to mod?Might pick it up just to mod it.

Also is skyrim similar to mod?Might pick it up just to mod it.

Not only does it have a solid hi-res texture packs, but there's also a mesh pack that improves the shape of pretty much everything in the game.

http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/607/?

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/8655/?

I can't remember if New Vegas or Fallout 3 had their own version of SMIM.

Also is skyrim similar to mod?Might pick it up just to mod it.

Not only does it have a solid hi-res texture packs, but there's also a mesh pack that improves the shape of pretty much everything in the game.

http://www.nexusmods...yrim/mods/607/?

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/8655/?

I can't remember if New Vegas or Fallout 3 had their own version of SMIM.

Ok thanks i also downloaded a type 3 body mod but im not sure what i can use it for.

Where can I get an Anti-Material Rifle?

I want to see what happens when I give it to Boone.

Pls

Buy that shit. There's a merchant near the 188 Trading Post the sells some military-grade stuff. There's one on top of the bridge, and there's a Gun Runner merchant below. I think you need a Guns skill of 75 to see his good merchandise.

It's too late to drop Boone, I already forgot he attacks the legion on sight and went to start "Render Unto Caesar" and we ended up having to kill everybody at Cottonwood Cove. Probably going to side with the NCR now or go it alone. I haven't decided if I want to overthrow Mr. House or not.

What should I do?