Massacre

Fallout

Xbox Store had a sale - NV for $5...

Made me realise I still had a fair way to go through DC... any tips to get both rewards from The Replicated Man side quest??

Also, are the Enclave much of an obstacle when they join the party? I believe I am up to the mission just before they become more involved so I was trying to do as much as I can before opening that up...

Tell Harkness his secret's safe with you, grab your reward, then go straight to Zimmer and collect his reward. Go ahead and kill Zimmer and his buddy after, though. I don't think they have much of value, but, why not?

I don't remember if that's actually how you do that, so save first.

• Like 2

My first play throuh the enclave didn't bother me much. But I did spend a shit load of time just fucking about. By the time I got to those missions my guy was a tank.

• Like 1

there's a way to do the replicated man quest and get both rewards... but it's been years since i did it, can't remember how exactly to do that... i think you have to offer to take out zimmer and harkness gives you his weapon, then turn on harkness and turn him over to zimmer and you get his perk reward... or something like that... it's kind of an evil path, but in a game full of ways to redeem yourself, some quests don't matter as much as others... but harkness's weapon i do believe is the shit for an energy weapons expert...

• Like 1

any tips to get both rewards from The Replicated Man side quest??

Tell Harkness his secret's safe with you, grab your reward, then go straight to Zimmer and collect his reward. Go ahead and kill Zimmer and his buddy after, though. I don't think they have much of value, but, why not?

I don't remember if that's actually how you do that, so save first.

It's how I always do it every play through, lost track after 20.

Concurrent with the final chapter of the Wasteland Survival Guide quest.

After *all* information has been gathered from Pinkerton, for both quests simultaneously,

then you have the failsafe code to go to Harkness.

Of course the lone wanderer has already spoken with, and accepted the mission from Zimmer.

After speaking with Pinkerton, go to Harkness, tell him the truth, when he doesn't believe, use the failsafe code.

This will make him want to kill Zimmer. Dialogue is basically give me the gun I'll do it.

You then get Harkness' reward AR-21 Plasma Rifle.

Then go to Zimmer and tell him the runaway android is Harkness, and get Zimmer's implant reward.

Then kill him and his mook. You'll get a few things, but more importantly the satisfaction of the kill.

Go back to Harkness and report it's done, completing the Replicated Man.

Reporting to Moira completes the Guide.

YAY! You're still a greedy homicidal maniac. Success.....

• Like 2

Might have chosen the wrong dialogue option because I went to Harkness and got his reward. Then I narked Harkness off to Zimmer, got his reward but couldn't kill him afterwards... he would only go unconscious which pissed me off... feel sad about Harkness but I have improved VATS skills so whatever...

Found another sidetrack from main story to work on... this game could take forever...

umm, that agatha quest gave me one of the scariest moments in fallout for me... i'll put it in spoilers for gringo...

i spent a good portion of that mission sneaking around to help aid me in killing the mirelurks because they were pretty tough for my character at the time... so i enter a new area on the map and take two steps and i wasn't crouched down or something, next thing i know a mirelurk comes around the corner, then like 3 more!! i am screaming at my TV as i unload shotgun blast after shotgun blast, spamming the stimpack hotkey in the process...

that mother fucking moment scared the fuck out of me... it still doesn't top the one where a deathclaw snuck up on me... i turned around to see what was hitting me and this giant hand swoops across the screen... i think i did shit my pants on that one...

One of the very first things I encountered, early on in the game, was a giant radscorpion. I was out scouting around, exploring new terrain, and was sneaking around the side of some big abandoned barn. I turned the corner expecting to find it empty, and hoping to find some good loot...only to come face to face with a terrifying monster the size of a house. I don't think I even tried shooting at it, just turned and ran as fast as I could. Talk about shitting your pants.

It was the first scorpion I'd seen thus far in the game, so when I saw the regular-sized ones for the first time in a tunnel, I just laughed.

• Like 1

I only have 3 out of the 5 DLC's - The Pitt, Broken Steel and Point Lookout...

Also, what's the deal with Dogmeat? I found him ages (like 30-40 game hours) ago then he disappeared (I thought he might be dead) and then all of a sudden he turns up in Vault 92....

Me or Ginginho? I have GOTY, with all the DLC.

Yes, you. Also, neat. You're going to relive that radscorp fear when you get to Broken Steel and/or level 20, and Albino Radscorpions start showing up. Also, Feral Ghoul Reavers.

I only have 3 out of the 5 DLC's - The Pitt, Broken Steel and Point Lookout...

Also, what's the deal with Dogmeat? I found him ages (like 30-40 game hours) ago then he disappeared (I thought he might be dead) and then all of a sudden he turns up in Vault 92....

You're not missing much, not having Mothership Zeta. It's fun, and has its fair share of memorable moments, but the enemies are afflicted with Bethesda's artificial difficulty, i.e., a ton of health that consumes your time, but isn't actually difficult.