Massacre

Fallout

I bought New Vegas but don't enjoy it nearly as much, I think the main storyline sucks compared to 3, sneak seems to be completely broken too since I'm 50 yards behind a guy, theres no way he can detect me yet he miraculously seems to spot me

• Like 1

icon11.gif

how far are you? the story line has better options. and overall it makes more sense for a wanderer than fallout 3 did. It was too specific. And this you can actually be evil for the main story

I bought New Vegas but don't enjoy it nearly as much, I think the main storyline sucks compared to 3, sneak seems to be completely broken too since I'm 50 yards behind a guy, theres no way he can detect me yet he miraculously seems to spot me

Even with a high sneak skill masking any sound you make, enemies will still spot you pretty easily if you're out in the open and in broad daylight.

I remember having a character with 100 sneak and being detected by bandits 100 yards ahead of me ( on Very Hard Difficulty settings/ which boosts the perception skill of enemies, I think ). One of them was standing with his side too me as I approached, and must of seen me in his peripheral vision ( this was during the middle of the day ).

Where as another time ( with the same character ), I was only a coupe of yards away from a Deathclaw, but I was in the darkness of a cave. So it couldn't detect shit, even with it's 100 Perception Skill.

So using cover like darkness and other things to block an enemies field of vision is as important as the Sneak Skill ( which only reduces sound made ), when it comes to sneaking up on enemies unaware. Plus I also think the weight of the armour you use plays a factor in how much noise you make. And if you knock over anything in the environment.

I could be wrong about a couple of things here, since I haven't played the game for a couple of years now ( so I'm relying on memory ).

• Like 1

Crazy. Approached Jacobstown and saw a few super mutants, scoped the joint out and saw tonnes of them so I healed up, equipped best weapons and got ready for a war and then found out they're friendly in new vegas.

• Like 1

Indeed. Those mutants are from Mariposa, a military base where the mutants created were intelligent. Under the influence of the Master, they were a hostile army, but without him, they are neutral. The mutants from DC are hostile, as you know. Some have made their way to the Mojave, where the Mariposa mutants have forced them into neutrality at a base I'll assume you haven't been to. The Mariposa mutants refer to the DC mutants as 'dum dums,' for obvious reasons. Then there are the Nightkin. Those fuckers are batshit.

• Like 1

yea, the nightkin are all messed up physically and mentally because of their addiction to stealth boys... they're more aggressive but still flash intelligence... those green ones on the east coast tho, they were created under much different circumstances...

• Like 1

This article is pretty old now ~ http://www.google.co....55819444,d.dGI

But it makes me wonder if there might be a Fallout TV Show on the way.

What do you guys think? Would you watch a TV Show centred around Fallout? It could be similar in layout to "The Walking Dead", but set in a more dystopian world ( the irradiated wasteland ) were there are different factions such as The Enclave, Slave Traders and Brotherhood of Steel, plus plenty of different human & mutated enemies to contend with like Bandits, Super Mutants, Ghouls, Deathclaws etc. Much more variety than just Zombies.

The protagonist could be someone who has just come out of one of the vaults ( like in Fallout 3 ). So the new world can be slowly introduced over the episodes. Encountering new characters, enemies and factions on a journey tied into the main plotline.

It could be great with a half-decent writer.

No market for it. The average TV viewer would much rather watch a group of empty twats fend off zombies than watch one silent wanderer single-handedly change the social and political structure of the world around him or her.

Indeed. Those mutants are from Mariposa, a military base where the mutants created were intelligent. Under the influence of the Master, they were a hostile army, but without him, they are neutral. The mutants from DC are hostile, as you know. Some have made their way to the Mojave, where the Mariposa mutants have forced them into neutrality at a base I'll assume you haven't been to. The Mariposa mutants refer to the DC mutants as 'dum dums,' for obvious reasons. Then there are the Nightkin. Those fuckers are batshit.

Yeah, I figured, I asked a buddy about it and he literally said "bethesda fucked up and make super mutants hostile, in lore they're originally friendly"

Well, a few things:

1. I would LOVE to drink some Nuka Cola if it was real.

2. I feel like there needs to be some sort of exorcist at Doc Mitchell's house.

3. Am I the only one who would be ecstatic if the next Fallout took place in Chicago? I mean it's been mentioned numerous times throughout the series, and no games (At least main title like Fallout 1, 2, or 3, or even New Vegas) were set in it.

No market for it. The average TV viewer would much rather watch a group of empty twats fend off zombies than watch one silent wanderer single-handedly change the social and political structure of the world around him or her.

Except he's not silent. You talk as him/her all the time.There's just no voice actor. Though since it would be real actors in the show, he obviously would talk.

• Like 1

Just like @spiritcrusher77 says, the main character will ( like all of the characters ) have the ability to speak.

Plus he won't be by himself, he will end up meeting other people on his journey through the Wasteland. And will eventually form alliances and friendships with some of these people, so that eventually a group of main characters will be formed that will journey through and explore the Wastes together. Over the course of the series some characters will die, and be replaced by new members. As well as new threats emerging every so often ( like The Enclave/ The Legion/ The Master/ or some new threat ??? ).

Even after saying all that, I doubt that any TV Studios would take the risk of making a show this ambitious. Even though the end result could end being one of the best shows on TV.

• Like 2

As far as the storylines of the games go, they could easily base a series on 3 and New Vegas. The Courier's background is rather vague, so they could use the Lone Wanderer as the Courier in a New Vegas storyline. I could definitely see the Lone Wanderer leaving DC after wrapping things up with the Enclave, and the NCR/House/Legion/Independent decision would be a lot more dramatic on TV. The first and second games also need their own coverage, of course.

I'd say two seasons per game should do it. Maybe one season for New Vegas, as it's rather short, and made-for-TV movies covering the NV DLC, because we need Ulysses' story. Hell, give Ulysses a TV movie of his own, showing his side of things.

Anyone else bored enough to get all hypothetical with me? I'd love to waste some time casting people for this show that won't ever happen.

• Like 1

there's a market for it... revolution, walking dead, doomsday preppers, etc... like what's been said though, the main character is mute and makes game changing decisions a lot so we'd be playing the writers story, not our own... perhaps the show is based in the universe and not tied to any game story or main character journeys...

perhaps the show will just be about the enclave and brotherhood...

• Like 1

there's a market for it... revolution, walking dead, doomsday preppers, etc... like what's been said though, the main character is mute and makes game changing decisions a lot so we'd be playing the writers story, not our own... perhaps the show is based in the universe and not tied to any game story or main character journeys...

perhaps the show will just be about the enclave and brotherhood...

The character isn't mute. He/she just doesn't have a voice actor. What did you think all of those dialogue options were for when you were talking to people?

true... but what direction would the show choose then? it's speaking for me, not as me... they're gonna have to create a new story within the universe, i don't think they can tell the story of the courier or the vault dweller IMO.. those have already been told...

• Like 1

true... but what direction would the show choose then? it's speaking for me, not as me... they're gonna have to create a new story within the universe, i don't think they can tell the story of the courier or the vault dweller IMO.. those have already been told...

Maybe you could go online and vote for the major decisions. I agree that they will need to tell a new story though. Maybe in Chicago... What would be cool is if they made references to the Vault Dweller and the Courier. Or maybe they could set the show before the first Fallout, or even right after the apocalypse.

Finishing fallout new vegas definitely hasn't left me wanting to pick that thing up anymore. What the fuck kind of ending is that to not carry on back in the Mojave? I even have all the DLC for it [some of which like the useless tribal pack isn't worth a penny aside from being early cap fodder] and it doesn't carry on. Unless I use the console I'm stuck, also worth mentioning that Legate is the most overpowered dick in gaming existence, and I tried to beat Vorack first day in runescape, so that's saying something.

I'm probably going to go back to 3 and sink a few hundred more hours into it, finally going to give some mods a go.

PS: Is the Wanderer/Courier is portrayed as a slight antagonist, he should definitely be played by Jon Bernthall.

This. This is why a Fallout show, as great as it could be, would never take off.

I doubt that they would make a protagonist that is on the "Evil" side of the Karma spectrum. But there will be other characters in the cast to fulfil the "Bad Guy" role, not just enemies like the Enclave but people within the main cast as well.

Plus they could have the protagonist make "Grey Area" moral decisions which question his good nature. Like unethical decisions based on his/ or his friends survival.

• Like 1