Massacre

Fallout

i wish there were more interactions with him... even when fighting for the legion, the encounters were very limited... he's still one of the most interesting characters in the fallout universe, i'd love to see an origin story, assuming that is what this is...

I like being followed by raiding parties, either NCR or Legion. You can get some decent loot off of them to repair your weapons or sell. They tend to spawn around the same areas I find, one being the beginning of the road up to Jacobstown, one somewhere heading out towards Nellis, I can sort of tell when they're going to appear based off of where I am.

Also having ED-E (who I always have as a companion) helps, if you see a bunch of enemy indicators on your compass then my advice is scan that area with a scoped weapon or binoculars to determine if it is an assassin group, you can do some fair damage to them before they get in range of you. If you're good at sneaking you can probably take them out before they even get a shot off.

Stay the fuck away. At least until you get the hang of things. Both of those creatures are found in groups and can be very tough to kill as a new player. Especially the Cazadores, because those little fuckers are always fluttering around.

I have made it my mission in this playthrough to eradicate every group of Cazadores and Deathclaws in the wasteland. Wiped out the cazzies around the beer bootlegging shack and in the far north-east by Camp Guardian, most of the Deathclaws around Gypsum rail yard and along the I-15 (not done Quarry Junction or the Deathclaw promontory yet, saving those until I feel suicidal.) I prefer guns for taking down Deathclaws, one shot from the anti-materiel rifle can pop their heads, but i'm doing quite well with my fully modded laser rifle at the moment, can kill them before they get close... but that's only individual Deathclaws, not groups at a time.

I was feeling pretty suicidal when the time came to take on the Legendary Deathclaw. I went in with nothing but a chainsaw, and made it out alive on my first try. I give credit to my real-life Luck stat for that shit. Well, that, and Legion Centurion armor and a melee skill of 100.

And this was before Gun Runners' Arsenal. Regular, unmodified chainsaw.

I was feeling pretty suicidal when the time came to take on the Legendary Deathclaw. I went in with nothing but a chainsaw, and made it out alive on my first try. I give credit to my real-life Luck stat for that shit. Well, that, and Legion Centurion armor and a melee skill of 100.

And this was before Gun Runners' Arsenal. Regular, unmodified chainsaw.

I don't think i'd ever be that brave, i've only just started using melee weapons in this playthrough. Katana and ripper for me at the moment.

I had my heart set on a melee-only character as soon as I heard the Legion was going to be in New Vegas. I worked hard to be Caesar's greatest champion. I went the melee route with things I never should've considered doing without a gun. I used nothing but a knife spear in Dead Money.

I like being followed by raiding parties, either NCR or Legion. You can get some decent loot off of them to repair your weapons or sell. They tend to spawn around the same areas I find, one being the beginning of the road up to Jacobstown, one somewhere heading out towards Nellis, I can sort of tell when they're going to appear based off of where I am.

Also having ED-E (who I always have as a companion) helps, if you see a bunch of enemy indicators on your compass then my advice is scan that area with a scoped weapon or binoculars to determine if it is an assassin group, you can do some fair damage to them before they get in range of you. If you're good at sneaking you can probably take them out before they even get a shot off.

The party members have got lots of shiny toys on them, but they're no fun early on in the game. I'll take your advice with ED-E, see what happens. Thanks in advance.

fast travel is the worse for those raid parties... there's quite a few locations where they appear as soon as you get there, making shit hard if you weren't quite prepared with the right weapon and armor equipped... which means your armor will take some damage, and you might have to use a stimpack or two stay on top of the action...

it was kind of annoying, but then again, the game gets too easy the further you level up so it's a welcomed distraction....

My biggest issue with the assassins sprung up on my sniper or stealth files. No one in the wasteland, nightkin or otherwise, can be as stealthy as my characters, yet the Legion always knows exactly where I am. Ruins my immersion.

icon11.gif

My biggest issue with the assassins sprung up on my sniper or stealth files. No one in the wasteland, nightkin or otherwise, can be as stealthy as my characters, yet the Legion always knows exactly where I am. Ruins my immersion.

theres probably a mod for that.

done beyond boulder dome

it was sick

last screens. not great shots. cool area tho

46907-2-1376147886.jpg46907-1-1376147886.jpg

This is Wraith.

He uses an experimental beam katana for melee encounters.

post-9-0-80806100-1376172464_thumb.png

And currently uses a fully-modded sniper rifle as his main weapon.

post-9-0-63998400-1376172475_thumb.png

He uses experimental Chinese stealth gear. His suit is more advanced than the model of stealth suit that was used in the battle for Anchorage, but it's also less stable, as is all of his gear. He's susceptible to the same effects Nightkin develop from prolonged Stealth Boy use, and the suit's incomplete circuitry requires frequent recharging or replacement of power cells. He's good with tech, so he can modify energy weapon ammunition to keep the suit working.

The instability of his suit, along with the Stealth Boy effect, exposure to the internal parts of energy weapon ammo, and extreme radiation encountered in his line of work have led him to develop a unique type of ghoulification. He's somewhere between a Nightkin and a Glowing One. Because of his appearance, he only removes his suit when he's alone. He uses Med-X to deal with the physical and mental anguish of his condition.

post-9-0-92862000-1376173489_thumb.png

To enhance my immersion with this character, I acquire and throw away 15 units of any energy weapon ammo per day, pretending it's for the suit. In order to keep him stealthy, I have to find a container or hidden location to dump the ammo in, so he isn't leaving a trail someone could follow. If I ever run out, I use the non-stealth version of the armor. It's a little too easy too find the ammo I need, so I might have to increase the ammo used. I also use a lot of Med-X, to lessen the symptoms of his unique ghoulification, and have gotten him addicted. He uses about ten doses per day. It's quite the balancing act, trying to keep him swimming in ammo and Med-X, but still save caps for the Bozar.

• Like 3

are geckos attracted to you or something?

I always take Animal Friend. Saves time, ammo, and annoyance. Plus, I like the geckos, so I hang out where they hang out. I think, more than anything, I take Animal Friend just so I could be a friend of the geckos.

487px-FNV_LGecko.png

i don't think the 6 charisma is worth it... i did it once in fallout 3... geckos are funny though, i love how they run all over the place... and they sound funny too..

A lot of the perks aren't all that useful, so I often take Intense Training to round out my stats and take other perks.

Animal Friend makes sense to me, because everything is hostile, and there's really no need for a lot of it. Radroaches and the mantis nymphs would be moslty harmless, and coyotes are pussies and aren't going to attack anything bigger than them without a damn good reason, so it makes sense to take a perk that will make them leave you alone. Plus, the animals that would still reasonably be hostile - fire geckos and lakelurks - are still hostile.

I like that the perk doesn't affect the Yao Guai in Honest Hearts. Making deranged, mutated bears friendly is a bit over the top.

On a side note, I have no idea why Yao Guai would be in Zion. The region isn't irradiated, so they should just be normal bears.

i see your point about the harmless ones that attack for no reason... but even a feral gecko like that should be dangerous... it was stupidly funny to see the yao guai harmless in 3, bears are one of the most curiously dangerous animals... the idea of guai's being in zion does make sense because of migration... bears cover a huge territory, it seems natural that they found a nice place like that to reside...

----

jasmine08.jpg

jasmine has won a lot of money on the strip, and she's starting to get bored... she's branching out into side courier jobs for those around new vegas with the caps... crimson caravan, atomic wrangler, michelangelo, etc...

too bad there's not a lot of quests based in vegas... i tackled the white gloves by killing the kid to get caps from gunderson and the old ass rancher... i ignored the gommorah one because cachino was nowhere in sight... took a few grand playing blackjack at gommorah but outside of mr. house/yes man, they're all quick side jobs...

a girl like jasmine stays on the move, and that means doing what she does best... courier jobs...

• Like 1

This is Wraith.

He uses experimental Chinese stealth gear. His suit is more advanced than the model of stealth suit that was used in the battle for Anchorage, but it's also less stable, as is all of his gear. He's susceptible to the same effects Nightkin develop from prolonged Stealth Boy use, and the suit's incomplete circuitry requires frequent recharging or replacement of power cells. He's good with tech, so he can modify energy weapon ammunition to keep the suit working.

The instability of his suit, along with the Stealth Boy effect, exposure to the internal parts of energy weapon ammo, and extreme radiation encountered in his line of work have led him to develop a unique type of ghoulification. He's somewhere between a Nightkin and a Glowing One. Because of his appearance, he only removes his suit when he's alone. He uses Med-X to deal with the physical and mental anguish of his condition.

To enhance my immersion with this character, I acquire and throw away 15 units of any energy weapon ammo per day, pretending it's for the suit. In order to keep him stealthy, I have to find a container or hidden location to dump the ammo in, so he isn't leaving a trail someone could follow. If I ever run out, I use the non-stealth version of the armor. It's a little too easy too find the ammo I need, so I might have to increase the ammo used. I also use a lot of Med-X, to lessen the symptoms of his unique ghoulification, and have gotten him addicted. He uses about ten doses per day. It's quite the balancing act, trying to keep him swimming in ammo and Med-X, but still save caps for the Bozar.

Is there a mod that allows you to be healed by radiation sources? It would make sense if he's a ghoul not to be harmed by it. It would add an entirely new element to the game, rather than avoiding rad you'd seek it out to be healed by it, you could live in Searchlight or Vault 34 with the other ghouls... The way I say that makes it seem as if i'm xenophobic towards ghouls.

"Git back t' where ye came from yer no good dirty stinkin' ghoul! Takin' our jobs an' women!!"

Saying that I always get a chuckle out of the ghoul dancers in Gomorrah.

I have a ghoul perk. Radiation heals me, ghouls are friendly, strength and charisma are lowered. I enjoy hanging out with other ghouls. Repconn is intentionally still filled with ghouls because I'm not done playing with them yet.