Handsome B Wonderful

Game Of The Year - 2014

GOTY Polls  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a bit early for this, seeing as how The Crew still hasn't been released, but I thought I'd start early and narrow the leaders down later. Once again, I won't be including remasters and I'll also leave out sports games this time, seeing as how they don't change much year to year. If I leave out anything important, let me know.

If anyone wants to add their own top 5/10/3000, that would be great.

Edit: Shit, I forgot The Division in upcoming games.

• Like 2

Really has been a stale year for new releases. But the order and the division alone have me excited for next year. Uncharted was my third pick. Loved the previous games but it kind of feels like backtracking after the last of us.

• Like 1

This has been an awful year for gaming. The best games I played this year were all remastered for next gen...

Best game I've been playing in 2014 was released 11-11-11.........

• Like 1

Best game this year is still GTA V for me... the re-release grants it a place in my opinion.

Other than that, the only two other games i enjoyed this year so far was inFamous: Second Son and Destiny... Says a lot as they were both mediocre. I'm still yet to play AC:Unity or Far Cry 4, but i have a feeling I have them both lined up for Christmas from family.

Does my GOTY 2014 vote still count, if I didn't play it until 2015? Dragon Age: Inquisition is kind of blowing my mind. I'm amazed by how much everything has improved, since Dragon Age II.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with Mass Effect, five or so years from now.

• Like 2

Seconded. I haven't played the other dragon age games, but this game is unreal. I thought I'd finished it after about 30 hours. Turns out that was just the intro. The different regions are varied and look amazing, and the story and lore rival skyrim (dare I say it) definitely my pick for 2014.

• Like 1

I ain't seen this till now?

I voted alien isolation for game of the year, was pretty intense..

Biggest disappointment was gta....

And I'm looking forward to mad max the most

Say what you want about Call of Duty, but when you realize the entire point of the franchise is annual releases then I think most will hate it less.

I disliked Call of Duty for a while, but gave it a go around this year again with the last two games. Ghosts (I know, a 2013 game) was similar to past ones with a new story. It had some awesome cinematic scenes in the story but it was merely okay to me.

Advanced Warfare was an entirely new animal though. From the second I first laid eyes when the story began the graphics lured me right in. I am not a fan of games in a futuristic setting (Fallout is an exception as it isn't over the top future stuff, it's a great and gritty) but Advanced Warfare was just different. I think it is mainly due to Kevin Spacey's character within the story, but in general it was something different and unique. I was immersed the entire time, liked all the characters, and this was probably my favorite Call of Duty to date.

Before anyone hates the game before even trying it, I would skip over every Call of Duty and give this a go, just for the story, and the graphics on Xbone and surely PS4 as well were the first time in years I was amazed by how good a game looked.

If you don't want to play, at least watch the cut scenes as it falls together like a movie pretty well.

Cut scenes without Gameplay

I played call of duty, the game is alright, but I'm just not good enough or have enough time on my hands to make the game worth it in terms of what it takes to play multiplayer

• Like 1

CoD fans belong at GTAForums, not here. :whistle:

Pretty sure everyone is welcome to their own opinions.

• Like 1