Ace Of Spades

Musical Instruments (Post pics of your gear)

As someone who bleeds pure liquid caffeine, I approve of this.

You gotta tap that resource and sell out to GNC

• Like 1

I know what you mean, you play one of those special guitars and sudenlly it's destend to be yours. Like my Memphis, not the best playing guitar, not the best sounding but it's got a lot of soul and I mean for $80 it might as well be the best guitar I've ever gotten. It's like that old beaten dog that just needs a little love.

I think this topic should be moved and just changed to "Musical Instunents" that way it could cover technical stuff too. Moderators?

One of the guitars i play the most live I bought for 75 bucks used at a pawn store.  It was spray painted completely green when i got it lol. (over the frets and shit too! was nasty!!   It's that 1984 Ibanez RG550.  I painted it a long time ago right after i bought it. (has a black crackle paint on it now with smeared colors underneath the crackle, mirror pickguard)  

post-99-0-34137100-1421197883_thumb.jpg

I agree with you there. I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Special II to learn on in one colour but the store ran out so they sent me this colour instead (not my photo):

epiphone-les-paul-special-ii-heritage-ch

For a beginner guitar, I'm pretty happy with how it looks and plays.

• Like 2

I fucking love that guitar. For less than $100, it plays like a Gibson, not an entry-level instrument. You picked something to "learn" on, but I reckon you'll be keeping it around for a while. :)

Haven't played with midi since my theatre days. That's pretty fucking cool. What do you use it for, River, like how do you incorporate the other voice options while you play? :)

I use a ernie ball stereo volume pedal to mix it however loud i want with the original guitar signal.   It's a pretty neat setup actually that I'm using right now.  I use a soldano decatone for the right main channel and a marshall jcm 800 50 watt for the left channel.  The trick was making some custom switches to make both of the amps switch from clean/dirty at the same time.  (because the marshall uses old skewl switches and the soldano uses electronic switching)

• Like 1

A custom job is the way to go, no matter what the project is, make it fit you, not the other way around!!

Maybe you could post a sample clip, me wants to hear you play something using both pickups. :)

• Like 1

Werd, I'll make some sound clips soon.  Been recording a lot this week and next week also. (also building my rig up to handle the synth lol.  made a new road case also)  This is the actual synth unit on the floor on the right.  the left is my usual pedal board setup.  on the gigs i use the synth i use both.  The funkay sideways pedal is a tuner that cuts the guitar signal completely if needed. The midi foot controller on the left is to control my rack effects (rack is back with the amps)

J0k7Va5.jpg

• Like 1

Werd, I'll make some sound clips soon.  Been recording a lot this week and next week also. (also building my rig up to handle the synth lol.  made a new road case also)  This is the actual synth unit on the floor on the right.  the left is my usual pedal board setup.  on the gigs i use the synth i use both.  The funkay sideways pedal is a tuner that cuts the guitar signal completely if needed. The midi foot controller on the left is to control my rack effects (rack is back with the amps)

I must admit...the stage manager in me got a little turned on by that post. ^_^

• Like 1

Decent friggin rig River, all i use is my Vox VT40+ lol. Here's a question for you guys, what's your favorite musician's signature instrument?  I mean i'm more of a blues guy, But it's hands down James Hatfield's "Iron Cross" Les Paul for me.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

That's a sweet ass guitar for sure.  I dunno man it is so hard to pick something like that!  For me its more about the instrument for sure. I'd love to have a really old black les paul custom like late 50s or late 50s tobacco strat.  Always wanted those two!!!  

I love a lot of artists guitars though.  Even some of those early franken strat guitars Eddie Van Halen plays are pretty cool.  I've made a couple myself out of parts from dif guitars (sometimes shit breaks and i save the unbroken stuff for parts) Jimmy Page has a couple of really early les pauls that are pretty sweet!  

• Like 1

So i met a guy who makes Pickgaurds out of old vinyls, and i know a guy that professionally paints and sets up guitars, so naturally i've got a plan, i want my Telecaster Painted a nice vintage blind accented with a Vinyl ($2.50) from our local antique store. I think it'll look like a really decent road guitar.  

tumblr_mtcgowtwxG1rtqh62o1_500.jpg