Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Having a whale of a time playing this now. Hope I can go back through and re-do cases because I didn't accuse a nigga of stealing from a wallet because he seemed too nice.

Officially giving up on L.A. Noire for now unless I decide to use a guide.

Just a constant waste of time when Cole Phelps doesn't actually respond in the manner you selected. Mainly because at the last moment they switched "Coax, Force or Lie" to "Truth, Doubt or Lie" which is the reason you can opt to doubt a story, but end up intimidating the character. I often make a decision that seems to make sense, but then he flies off the handle and fucks it up, meaning I can either balls it up and go back to it on my second run (see also: a poor attempt at giving it replayability) or reload my game.

Couple that in with a game that is CAPPED AT 30 FPS and runs like utter garbage because it was a console port, also the reason for black bars on a 16:10 monitor. To even get the game playable I have to mod it. Totally ridiculous.

Guest Marney-1

Is this worth 30 bucks.

It's not a game where you'll get a definitive yes or no in answer to that, you're best reading through the official site and making your own mind up.

Personally, I think it's a brilliant and original game and thoroughly enjoyed the whole story. It was also a nice break from GTA style games.

Is this worth 30 bucks.

Too old to cost $30 now. You can get it far cheaper, and the answer is, on console? Yes. On PC? If you don't have a 16:10 monitor and willing to make a few changes to the CL of the game then yes. I got mine for a fiver with all the DLC off steam and when I actually got it to my liking, i'm enjoying it right now.

Guest Marney-1

thanks so it would be cheaper at WalMart or should I buy it used.

Just buy from wherever you want, used or new it'll still play the same. Seriously jobo, you're getting on my nerves.

L.A. Noire is by far one of the greatest cop games ever

it's really the only cop game on the market... sam & max were private investigators, but they're more of a comedy duo... i really can't think of a game that represented the police force at all... it was fun to move through the desks, advancing cole's very promising career in adultery...

ENDING SPOILER:

So I finished the game, and the ending feels... I don't know whether to just flat out say rushed or purposefully unfulfilling. You build up the entire game and knew you were working towards weeding out the corruption, then at the second to last desk Phelps fucks it out by going semi-corrupt, and then in the ending he's dead and the entirity of the people he was working against are at his funeral and not in jail. This is either setting up for a sequel or just a poor ending imo. Total boner killer. I wanted to see Cole fuck that smug fuck Earle over.

Edited by Marney-1
Added 'Ending Spoiler' just in case.

Guest Marney-1

ENDING SPOILER:

So I finished the game, and the ending feels... I don't know whether to just flat out say rushed or purposefully unfulfilling. You build up the entire game and knew you were working towards weeding out the corruption, then at the second to last desk Phelps fucks it out by going semi-corrupt, and then in the ending he's dead and the entirity of the people he was working against are at his funeral and not in jail. This is either setting up for a sequel or just a poor ending imo. Total boner killer. I wanted to see Cole fuck that smug fuck Earle over.

I liked the way they did that, you just couldn't predict the outcome of most things.

ENDING SPOILER:

I liked the way they did that, you just couldn't predict the outcome of most things.

I don't understand it.

my efforts just felt wasted. waste of 24 hours tbh.

Just finished this...

ENDING SPOILER:

I don't understand it.

my efforts just felt wasted. waste of 24 hours tbh.

Agreed. Knew what was going to happen, but I didn't know it would be that bad.

The lack of post-game free roam combined with not being able to save manually really killed it for me. Not going to start a new game and unlock all that shit again just to wander around the city. Trading this in next month to knock a couple dollars off of ACIII...

You can play missions (or "quests") over again, just select them from the menu when you've unlocked them. The mini-quests are of course 911 calls, and you can do those in a special case when you finish each desk called "Streets of LA".

Replayability is low. I couldn't even be bothered to go through again to get achievements.

Far beneath the surface of LA Noires story is some interesting threads of Freemasonry, Satanic rituals, black magic etc. The symbolism in the architecture of LA is pretty wild. Go check out that public library with the pyramid on top.

True, but rockstar loves to poke fun at that kinda stuff, they did it in gta IV also, had a talk show say stuff about the illuminati and they had a police poster all around the city with one eye that says "we see all" or something like that, so its more to make fun of then to actually mean anything even though its real world stuff.

I saw this yesterday or a coouple of days ago, and didn't think to post it, was well worth the shits and giggles. They should have had an alt blooper play-through after you competed the main story, so you could play through the entire story and spot the fuck-ups lol