Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Uh, why would L.A. Noire stop the development of GTA V? They're produced by different companies. R* North was in no way involved with L.A. Noire. Agent however... that's the one you should be complaining about.

It's still a R* game, and they're not going to be hyping two games at once. They're not releasing a new game until the last one and all of its DLC is out. RDR didn't come out until after TBOGT, and LA Noire came out after all of RDR's DLC came out (whatever this last DLC is being an exception, but it doesn't sound like much). As long as they're still doing anything with LA Noire, we won't be hearing about the next GTA.

And trust me, I've got plenty of complaints in reserve for Agent.

It's still a R* game, and they're not going to be hyping two games at once. They're not releasing a new game until the last one and all of its DLC is out. RDR didn't come out until after TBOGT, and LA Noire came out after all of RDR's DLC came out (whatever this last DLC is being an exception, but it doesn't sound like much). As long as they're still doing anything with LA Noire, we won't be hearing about the next GTA.

And trust me, I've got plenty of complaints in reserve for Agent.

If that's true then we still have to wait for Max Payne and Agent before we even hear anything about GTAV. :S

I understand why Rockstar Games made that decision though. If they had to put a lot of money and creative in-put to get L.A. Noire out, then they wont be able to trust Team Bondi to be able to produce a better game next time without holding their hand through it.

If that's true then we still have to wait for Max Payne and Agent before we even hear anything about GTAV. :S

Fuck, I forgot about Max Payne. GTA V in 2014, then, if Max Payne isn't far enough along in development. I will be deeply insulted if Agent isn't put on the back burner until GTA V is done.

Fuck, I forgot about Max Payne. GTA V in 2014, then, if Max Payne isn't far enough along in development. I will be deeply insulted if Agent isn't put on the back burner until GTA V is done.

although Max Payne isn't being made by Rockstar North. But if they do continue to "Hype Advertise" the games individually, yeah it could be a long wait until we see GTA V.

Their next game would have just been kangaroo boxing, anyway. I think EA Sports pretty much has the kangaroo boxing market locked down, so no money for R* with that franchise.

I am still confident GTA V will be announced/released before Agent. As I mentioned before R*s new games such as RDR, L.A. Noire and Agent will sell well because they have the R* logo on them, but every few years they need a GTA game to come out to really rake the money in. From what i've heard about Agent it's going to be quite big, so it may take a while to develop.

i don't think they would mind overlapping titles... maybe not simultaneously, but i can see them spacing a couple of them out 6 months apart... i could see max payne being the spring/summer release and GTAV being the fall/holiday release because if R* knows whats best for them, releasing GTAV during the holiday season could be the smartest move ever... they could sell 8 million copies in that window alone... and spend the next two years supporting it with episodes and extra content...

if it's to be though, they are going to have to start teasing it a little with concept art and maybe a screen or two here and there... LA noire is pushing past memory as we speak, and there's nothing on the immediate horizon for R*... making a GTA announcement right now would be a good way to keep their name relevant and in the minds of gamers... with RDR, the great success carried them into the holiday season, but i don't see the same success with LA noire, they're going to need to wet the appetites of gamers soon with something other than max payne... because, i don't really care for max payne anymore, especially a 3rd entry... the first was fun and revolutionary, but now every shooter game follows that template, and the story of payne isn't enough to keep me interested... i am holding out for GTA or agent...

R* will be lucky if they even come close to the success of LA noire with max payne... it just isn't much of a household name anymore, he kinda died when mark wahlberg killed him...

L.A. Noire did well because Rockstar publicized it well. Sure it had the facial capture animation in it, but i think Max Payne will be an all round better game in terms of story, and will be more successful. I played both previous Max Payne games and loved them. It's been a long time, but i think they'll re-invent it enough to make it more relevant. Rockstar Games innovate well, and always break the mould with every title they release. Hell, I've become a R* fanboy over the last few years with the amount of epic games they've released.

sure it might be a better game, but is it as marketable as LA noire?? noire had been talked about for many many years, max payne hasn't been talked about since that awful movie, and before that, it had been years since anyone had heard the name max payne...

i just don't think it's as marketable as LA noire, so i think the sales will struggle a bit...

I guess we'll have to see how the marketing for it plays out. (This should really be on the Max Payne thread... oh well lol)

They have to have some new gameplay mechanic which makes it as ground breaking as bullet-time was. I'm sure they've got something to make it stand out from the crowed.

finished reefer madness earlier today... it was another typical mission, but i found the reefer stuff to be at a minimal... your chasing clues to break the enormous distribution ring, but very little time is spent with reefer itself... there were some nice buds to look at though, i would of thought the stuff from back in the day would be some dirt weed, but it looked like dank ganja :D...