Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Guest Marney1

Seems different people are getting different glitches, I've noticed the frame rate drop now and again in both gameplay and cutscenes. I hope there's one or two more updates to fix these. Anyway, been quite busy putting together my new entertainment unit so the missus is well ahead of me. She's about to watch me play through "The White Shoe Slaying".

I'm actually loving this game, hope there's plenty of DLC's to come.

I've not played it at all today, it hasn't grabbed my attention the same way gta or rdr did where I just sat all day and played through it. i do about one case a day then leave it. so so game

5-starred the homicide desk... and had a funny glitch happen... while arresting someone, instead of putting the suspect in the paddy wagon, they placed him on the hood of his broke-ass car, then the driver's door of the paddy wagon opens with no one around... lol, i am assuming the animation spawned about 10 feet behind the camera :lol:...

I had a similar glitch, only it was the police van. No one was around, yet the doors at the back opened, then closed, then the drivers door opened and it drove off on it's own lol.

The only glitch I've had so far was the opening scene almost slowing to a halt. Apart from that, everything else has been fine for me.

Sometimes I wish this game had more things to do outside of sleuth-and-shoot. It's still great fun, though.

Completed it, guess i'll have to go for another playthrough now i've got the jist of it and sort of know who to charge.

FFS i had to put away the wrong guy because i fucked up the interrogation before it! I swear to god i must have Asperger's syndrome or some shit, because i don't know if the facial expressions are purposely being exaggerated or if it's a decoy to throw me off!

xD

Guest Marney1

During "The White Shoe Slaying" case I was having to

follow the bus but it glitched into a building and wouldn't come out

so I had to carry on to my next location instead and because the way things turned out, never got to question

the bus driver.

It happened on the corner of Union Ave and Beverly Blvd.

replayed "the black caeser" case... there's something funny i noticed during the replay;

...cole phelps and roy earle arrest every single wetback and negro during the case, lol :lol:... he claimed they'd be spared jail time since they were after the supplier but they still arrested every single negro... lol, racism runs deep in this game... it's just not prominent, it's subtle :D...

I find it quite fun to cause chaos in free roam, driving down sidewalks crashing through lampposts, dustbins, traffic lights and running people over with no consequences, then hearing my partner's response to it all. The funniest was Roy Earle when he said something like "that was a taxpaying citizen who just bounced over the fucking hood Phelps!" I cracked up at that one.

In other news, finished all the street crimes (in free roam mode in between my chaos-causing sessions.)

And also, now that i've completed the game i'd like to offer my thoughts; seeing as how this is strictly a single-player, narrative driven game I feel the length of it is just too short, it should have been twice as long, I was just getting into the homicide cases when they ended (i'd have liked to have seen more variety in the homicide cases too, not all women related to the BD killings) and after that vice seemed much shorter.

To me it seemed about the same amount of time to complete as RDR, which had lots of other things to do outside of missions, including multiplayer. This however has nothing else to do outside of missions except for street crimes and collecting film reels, so it relies more heavily on a lengthy story to make up for those shortcomings.

As I said a long time ago, I think RDR is better than this game. Don't get me wrong, it's a great and very unique game though.

+1

And we may as well talk about the ending of the story now...

Only read this if you've completed the game!

I really enjoyed the last mission in the sewers, and i wished there was a little bit more action like this through-out. The game was fun and interesting, but the balance was all wrong. I feel that there was far too much clue searching and chasing suspects than there was actual gun fighting or any other combat.

The ending really pissed me off. I hate the fact that Phelps died. I feel they could have explained a little more about him as a character, like why the fuck did he cheat on his wife with that German bitch... I was hoping Phelps would have survived and Kelso had got flushed away... But now that happened, how will new DLC work? they can't do anything with phelps beyond that point, so it'll either have to be before/whilst the main story took place, or they'd have to carry on with Kelso

+1

And we may as well talk about the ending of the story now...

Only read this if you've completed the game!

I really enjoyed the last mission in the sewers, and i wished there was a little bit more action like this through-out. The game was fun and interesting, but the balance was all wrong. I feel that there was far too much clue searching and chasing suspects than there was actual gun fighting or any other combat.

The ending really pissed me off. I hate the fact that Phelps died. I feel they could have explained a little more about him as a character, like why the fuck did he cheat on his wife with that German bitch... I was hoping Phelps would have survived and Kelso had got flushed away... But now that happened, how will new DLC work? they can't do anything with phelps beyond that point, so it'll either have to be before/whilst the main story took place, or they'd have to carry on with Kelso

Yeah it got really weird at the end, when the "House of Sticks" mission began I didn't know what the fuck was going on. I also feel a bit of explanation is required. Maybe the DLC will add new missions into the existing story, thus requiring us to play through the story again. I felt the vice desk was particularly short, the Naked City case (when we get the chance to play it) hopefully will add a bit more to it.

yea, i think the add-on cases will be a part of the desks you've already played... and if i am not mistaken, the upcoming DLC will involve new desks, which probably fit somewhere in between traffic and homicide.. after all, there is this "6 months later" screen in between those desks... one was "robbery" but i forgot what the other one was...

my synopsis on the ending and a mini-review;

i too was disappointed when cole died... kinda closes the door on a sequel involving these characters... perhaps they move on to NY Noire or something because this game has received heaps of praise... but once i took control of kelso, i knew it was going to be a repeat of RDR... i was just trying to figure out how it would happen... an unfortunate flood in the sewer system washes cole away... however, i am sure they never found the body so who's to say he really died??

i had no problem with the balance of action and investigating... if anything, i didn't think there were enough clues and evidence to purge through... the truth/doubt/lie trio worked extremely well, and was very challenging at times... cole would belt out lines at the wrong times here and there though, sometimes it seemed a little out of place yelling at a poor helpful widow... and after replaying the cases with a guide, i was finding just how impossible it was to get some of these questions right the first time... i've found a few times where i had to use a piece of evidence that really didn't have anything to do with the question i asked, or nothing to do with their lie beforehand... ohh well, it worked 95% of the time...

the controls felt clunky and the driving felt arcadish... the scripted chases were fun and the shootouts were decent enough, but not all that great... the story was moving and kept the game churning along... i too felt vice was empty, i was hoping for more cases too... it just seemed like a throw-in desk to help tie the story together... but there wasn't enough to vice, and i found it to be the least favorite desk... there could of been more variety with homicide but, it was good... i thought traffic had the best cases and the best variety, can't wait to play the PS3 exclusive traffic case and the walmart pre-order traffic case as well... i loved traffic...

in closing, this was a fun and unique experience, albeit a FLAWED experience that had a lot of problems that popped up, but the core of the game really made those problems ignorable...

i give it an 8/10...

i too was disappointed when cole died... kinda closes the door on a sequel involving these characters... perhaps they move on to NY Noire or something because this game has received heaps of praise... but once i took control of kelso, i knew it was going to be a repeat of RDR... i was just trying to figure out how it would happen... an unfortunate flood in the sewer system washes cole away... however, i am sure they never found the body so who's to say he really died??

Two words, dude: Sewer mutants. The sequel is going to be a post-apocalyptic sci fi game, with a mutated and cybernetically-enhanced Cole trying to take down Kelso, who has become the evil overlord of the remains of LA

And I figured all that out without even playing the game. B)

• Like 1

I've noticed a slight glitch where Phelps hairline morphs when you press square to ask your partner for advice, but you have you be zoomed in quite close to notice it. Basically he grows a little bit of a sideburn while speaking, then after he's finished it reverts back to how it was before. I'll get some footage in a mo'.

I've noticed a slight glitch where Phelps hairline morphs when you press square to ask your partner for advice, but you have you be zoomed in quite close to notice it. Basically he grows a little bit of a sideburn while speaking, then after he's finished it reverts back to how it was before. I'll get some footage in a mo'.

That's what i meant about his morphing from animate to static faces. They don't have a good transition well at times...

crawlakill.jpg

the first ever NASCAR sponsor, CRAWLAKILL INSECT SPRAY... i made a $100/win, it was nice... actually, this is part of a bench that stuck to the car just right... it fell off as soon as i took the picture :(...

collected all the film reels, some were hidden in clever spots, some were hidden in obvious spots that pissed me off when i finally found it... also discovered all landmarks, and only have arson left to 5-star... also only need to find about a dozen cars...

i almost have this beast finished :D... but i'll have to work on a couple of trophies that aren't part of the 100% process as well...

crawlakill.jpg

the first ever NASCAR sponsor, CRAWLAKILL INSECT SPRAY... i made a $100/win, it was nice... actually, this is part of a bench that stuck to the car just right... it fell off as soon as i took the picture :(...

collected all the film reels, some were hidden in clever spots, some were hidden in obvious spots that pissed me off when i finally found it... also discovered all landmarks, and only have arson left to 5-star... also only need to find about a dozen cars...

i almost have this beast finished :D... but i'll have to work on a couple of trophies that aren't part of the 100% process as well...

Happened to me too, but the bench was stuck on the front of the car.