Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Some gal sent me this of herself:

la_noir_by_lovely_mint_jelly-d3gqtpj.jpg

Gross.

Plus I think you're lying.

What happens if you blow a mission or convict the wrong person? I am intrigued by this game, but I'm not ready for it.

nothing, you move on and get chewed out by your superior for convicting the wrong person... the only thing it hurts is your final case score... you can't fail a mission per-say... you can fail a chase, or shoot the wrong person, or die... but when that happens the game loads the last checkpoint... there's no wrong ways to reach the conclusion of a mission...

it's what makes the first playthrough fun... no need to restart the case if you messed something up... just roll with your decisions and worry about that stuff the next time thru the story...

Would you say you're interested in another playthrough?

Did anyone else get "The Badge Pursuit Challenge" with their game? It's a small envelope containing some photo negatives of locations... I never heard about this before release :mellow:

Here's a pic:

IMG00145-20110520-1743.jpg

Guest Marney1

@Stoic She sent it to me via Twitter as L.A. Noire Fan Art.

My game hasn't turned up today, hopefully it'll come in the morning. Preordered it from Play.com - How shit is that! Also, the parcel I missed the other day turned out to be a 'Review Copy' from Rockstar but it's the Xbox360 version so I still haven't played it yet. I doubt I'll be preordering a game again. :angry:

Guest Marney1

Send me the review copy. Also, if you go and pick up your game at the store, you'll actually get it on release day. You're shocked, I know.

Too late, sold it and spent the money on an extra 25Gb of emergency bandwidth for my site. Fastest trade in ever apparently. Sorry mate.

you're doing it right, dup... but jamie, come on... the correct ending is the one you choose when "you" play the game :D... not by playing the game the way everyone else tells you to... there is no correct ending, there's just other ways to end the game i guess...

i didn't even know there were different endings...

i am not even sure if it matters to be honest... this is 1947 justice and if you're guilty, that's that... i am one mission from the end and i don't think my past judgements will really play any role going forward... i've collect enough evidence throughout the game to come to the final conclusion i am probably going to run into here in the next hour or so...

the only thing i might foresee is missing out on a trophy here and there by doing a case 100% correct, or maybe one piece of evidence that would be informative, but when i can replay cases, i'll have those sorted out in no time...

well i conquered the land of hollywoodland... and i didn't get 95% of the clues but now that i am looking at the cases and my scores i can see why... i was bombing missions early on... but beside that it was a fun ride, and full of detective goodness all the way thru... there wasn't one single moment where i didn't feel like LA's finest in this timepiece... playing this game with a buzz of any sort made it that much more challenging to decipher the evidence and dialog provided to you... i had to put the bowl down a few times to work thru an interview...

sure you can beat this game blowing every possible question and searching for the bare minimum, but where's the fun in that?! search the area, stop for a moment to review the clues before an interrogation, gather your thoughts and challenge the witness when you feel the need to, and always always remember that you've got a case to solve...

that being said, i did manage to ignore the side stuff for the most part... didn't jack a single hidden car, jacked maybe 10 altogether... answered 3 police scanner calls, found 12/13 newspapers, 0/50 film reels, and basically stuck to the main story... now that all cases are unlocked i will head back and do some stuff different to better the scores...

it was a fun game all the way to the end, it just kept evolving all the way... the simple basic rules were always there but the game in and around those rules kept you on your toes most of the time... play this, rent if you must... i beat it in 4 nights, but i see plenty of wasted hours ahead searching for cars and helping out fellow pigs...