Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

lanoire-glitch.jpg

lol, WTF?!?! i drove off a small embankment in a sports car, landing on some patio furniture in someone's back yard... next thing i know there's a chair stuck inside the car and it's being lifted or sucked into a black hole, or something like that!! it starts collapsing on itself so i bailed, this is the aftermath, lol... i think rusty is still in shock :lol:...

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

Post from the Rockstar Newswire:

DeafAtheist

While I am greatly impressed and enjoying the game I do have a couple of disappointments. 1) Only conversations involving Cole Phelps are subtitles (I unfortunately expected this) Overheard conversations are not subtitled and as a deaf gamer that's disappointing 2) No flashing lights on police cars to match sirens. The only indication I have that my siren is even on (because being deaf I can't hear it) is seeing cars pull over in front of me. This isn't a huge problem, and I assume it's meant to be realistic with the time period and I'm guessing police cars didn't have flashing lights in that period of time. 3) I know that there is music (because the game tells me so even tho I can't hear it) that starts when you enter a crime scene and stops when you have found all of the evidence. Unfortunately for me I can't hear that music so I could end up spending over half hour looking for more evidence at a crime scene even tho I had found it all ages ago. I wish there was some visual or vibration cue that let me know when I found everything.

Also, from 1947project:

5732029605_9a4b8d9c6f_b.jpg

I never even realised deaf people play video games, does that go for gay people too? I can see developers implementing gay-friendly alternate mission endings - instead of killing everyone, you are required to redecorate the place in a kitsch style, throw scatter cushions and potpourri around and then dance to some Scandinavian techno music while strobe lights pulsate and semi-naked moustachioed men dance around you gyrating their hips suggestively.

• Like 1

DeafAtheist

Turn up the TV or get a hearing aid and stop ur bitching.

This game is cool as fuck. good review bones. Ya say its just as repetitive as any R* game...but Like I always say every game you play will be repetitive. Unless of course your playing GTA San Andreas. I think everyone is more critical about repetitiveness [in this game, gta4 and RDR] because there was SO much side shit in SA. That and they are open world so you have this freedom. Every FPS is shoot this and blow up that.

Anywhom, the cars in this game are fucking awesome. Way cooler cars then GTA. 1940s cars are nifty as fuck. they have these "hidden cars" that are parked in garages. They will always spawn there and you just go get them. Most of them are like 1940s concept cars. I poo my pants everytime I go get a new one.

My only big complaint is the driving is way too fucking easy like it was in the last-gen gta games. They probably did this because if you kill so many peds you fail the case but i'd rather have that extra challenge. After GTA I miss the realistic driving.

Guest Marney1

If my copy doesn't turn up by Friday I'm going to.............................have to wait. <_<

Has anyone on an original fat 60gb/80gb ps3 model having problems while playing L.A Noire, I read a report that said while playing L.A Noire the system would bleep 3 times and then turn off mid game - according to several websites rockstar responded and pinned the blame on sonys firmware 3.61 update causing systems to overheat. the statement has since been removed but can be viewed below

“We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models.”

“Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or ‘Red Lighting’ after having installed 3.61.”

“This can range from games randomly freezing to PS3s turning off anywhere between 30 mins use to two hours. We have confirmed locally that multiple games (Rockstar and non-Rockstar) overheat or freeze only when 3.61 is installed.”

“At this time we are recommending contacting Sony directly to report the overheating issue. However, this is not the end of our support; we are continuing to test L.A. Noire on all firmware versions and hardware models to isolate the issues and see what can be done. As always, we will update this article as soon as we have updates.”

After retracting the statement they posted an Q/A stating instructions on possible solutions aswell as adding in that xbox360 users may be having problems aswell, suggesting that it is indeed la noire that is causing the problems. Q/A below

What to do if you are Crashing or Freezing in L.A. Noire

Question: I am crashing / freezing in L.A. Noire! Somebody please help!

Answer: We are sorry to hear the game is freezing! We have received a few tickets about some isolated crashes / freezes and we are investigating them individually to find out the causes and the resolution.

Here is what to do if you are crashing or freezing in L.A. Noire:

1. Delete your L.A. Noire Game Data (not save data) from the PS3 Game Data Utility. If on 360, clear the 360 cache.

2. Create a new temporary PS3 user to ensure that new save files are created. If on 360, create an offline Silver Gamertag.

3. Launch the game and try again.

4. Check your disc for scratches, dust, dirt, or other damage. Clean if necessary.

5. Check other game discs in your PS3/360 to see if issues are occurring in other games, suggesting a potential console problem.

6. Try your L.A. Noire disc in a different console or try a different L.A. Noire disc in your console to determine with certainty whether the issue could be with the disc or console, rather than the software.

If the issue is still happening, please click "Submit a Request" at the top of this page and provide as much detail as possible about what PS3/360 model you are playing on and what steps you follow in the game when it crashes. Let us know exactly what you see (e.g. freeze, black screen, return to system software, etc). and what you are doing in the game when the issue occurs.

Also, if you are on PS3 please move your L.A. Noire save files onto a USB drive and then transfer them to a PC. Compress the folder on the USB drive called "PS3" and attach that file. We will take a look at your save file to see if we can learn more about the issue and its resolution.

Thanks for your patience!

Are any of you having problems ?

Guest Marney1

@JamieMilne You know the bearer of bad news used to get killed in the old days?

I have a Fat PS3 and it's got the latest update on it, what a fucker.

i just reached arson and blew the first mission with a wrong conviction... the evidence has become almost a grey area now... it has gotten extremely hard to have it all figured out... i guess i saw the pattern coming when i was in vice, talk about a change of pace... i am on the home stretch though, i can sorta see the story coming but then again, it could be another mirror... the story really starts taking off near the end of the homicide desk and is at full throttle during vice... this game is taking me for a ride right now...

EDIT: and don't forget to read the newspapers scattered about during missions... they've already wrapped up a few cases story-wise for me, while also providing a peak into future ones developing around me... i have probably collected roughly 8 of 13... as long as you scour crime scenes and locations within the main story you won't miss the ones i have found...

come to think of it, i am probably well on my way to getting that gold trophy stating you need to collect 95% of the evidence because, just about every mission ends with me collecting everything... i am just struggling to use it properly in interrogations and questionings... and no, i have yet to cheat and use an intuition point... i don't wanna cheat, i am old fasioned... i like to beat a game before i start tinkering with the mechanics...

I got it yesterday and so far I'm up to "the white shoe slaying" which is about 12/21 in terms of cases. Obviously you've read my impressions before but I'm really enjoying playing through it again.

I've done about 13/40 street crimes, found 35/92 vehicles and I'm rank 12 I think. Really fun but time consuming. Spending ages looking around for evidence. I've been using intuition points because once you get 5, you can't get any more, so ranking up is effectively pointless. Might as well use them to make space for new ones.

Some of the cases are pretty difficult to get right but I'm making a note of the answers I give to people and the evidence I've found so I might be able to make a "perfect completion" guide in a week or so.

Also seen a few glitches, like cars driving through walls, people walking through objects, a car flying into the air when it got nudged from behind... Quite a few bugs, but nothing major so far.

I think I got a wrong conviction on the lipstick killer case. I think dude was framed.

I didnt interrogate the girls husband again at the police station.

w/e. Ill do differently on my next playthrough. This game is fucking cool.

Update ; playstations overheating

We have received a very small number of customer support questions about PS3’s overheating or shutting down while playing L.A. Noire. At this time, Rockstar Games and Sony can confirm that neither L.A. Noire or firmware update 3.61 are causing the PS3 hardware to overheat. We are both committed to working hard to find solutions to this and any issues that may arise.

• Like 1

What happens if you blow a mission or convict the wrong person? I am intrigued by this game, but I'm not ready for it.

nothing, you move on and get chewed out by your superior for convicting the wrong person... the only thing it hurts is your final case score... you can't fail a mission per-say... you can fail a chase, or shoot the wrong person, or die... but when that happens the game loads the last checkpoint... there's no wrong ways to reach the conclusion of a mission...

it's what makes the first playthrough fun... no need to restart the case if you messed something up... just roll with your decisions and worry about that stuff the next time thru the story...

Guest Marney1

117.jpg

Fuck! Was too scruffy and lazy to clean all the shit out of the air vents or open a window now and again to let fresh air in. I'll blame L.A. Noire.