Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Guest Mr Bates

Anyone got a few of these games gathering dust? Trade 2 in and get L.A. Noire for $15 ($5 is tax I think). Offer valid at Gamestop until the 8th May.

la.jpg

^basically that. The scale was from the Google Map.

That dont mean the scale of the LA Noire map is right.

Not saying the map is gonna be small. I figure itll be a good size.

They said the game is 8 square miles which looks correct. Plus they recreated an actual part of L.A. (as seen by the overlay) so the scaling is the same as real life.

Guest Mr Bates

@marney - what a worthless deal... 95% of the games that can be traded are fairly new... it's a trap!! for the PS3 anyways...

I realised that but maybe some people have a few they're tired of already.

Anyone got a few of these games gathering dust? Trade 2 in and get L.A. Noire for $15 ($5 is tax I think). Offer valid at Gamestop until the 8th May.

la.jpg

Why specifically those games? Why not any games?

Fewer people will be getting the discount that way, and for the few that take them up on the offer, they can resell the newer games for more money than older games.

because "those" games are new and gamestop would lose money if they let you bring in any 2 games... i told them on their facebook page that this deal is no better than your everyday deal... trade in any game, get half the value... so, trade in 2 new games valued at $60 and get $25 a piece... sounds like the everyday trade-in deal to me, they're just trying to get you to trade in two games with good resell value at the moment...

i saw one this morning when they were showing a reporter standing outside in NYC talking about the death of bin laden... a bus drove by slowly with LA noire on the side :lol:... pretty sweet if you ask me...

Guest Mr Bates

I still get the feeling this isn't going to be as good as RDR. Maybe it's just too different in style.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried that I might be all hyped for nothing (or not much) but I think it's all down to no one really knowing what to expect. It's new technology and a new stlye of game and I don't think Rockstar - despite all their efforts - has done a good enough job in letting the masses know what the game really feels like. I reckon it'll be a huge 1st day hit then drop like a lead balloon, then as word get's around (hopefully about how good it is) sales will rocket again. I'm betting 5m - 7m sales in the first 12 months.

RDR was closer to GTA than this will be in terms of gameplay and that had the same problem, everyone was raving over it then it got forgotten about a few months after release. Since this is so different from GTA it'll probably have a worse fate.

Guest Mr Bates

RDR was closer to GTA than this will be in terms of gameplay and that had the same problem, everyone was raving over it then it got forgotten about a few months after release. Since this is so different from GTA it'll probably have a worse fate.

Still, if they make a loss it will still be a turning point for games, just like Heavy Rain was. But didn't that sell like 20m or something?

LA noire only feels like GTA, but it's not even half as close to the real deal that RDR was... it's far from it...

have you ever played, point 'n click games, the sam & max series, or read choose your own adventure books?? it's 80% more like that, and 20% GTA... maybe it's more 70/30 but either way, it's different... RDR was more 80% similar, which gave GTA gamers the GTA vibe... you might only get subtle feelings with LA noire but, it's still there... it just takes a backseat to the gripping story and cunning detective skills you'll be dealing with on a constant basis...

i don't expect a lot of GTA gamers to like this... but for me, i love "sam & max" detective games so, i am excited... and the fact that it "feels" like GTA and RDR (because of the RAGE engine) is just the cherry on top :D...

LA noire only feels like GTA, but it's not even half as close to the real deal that RDR was... it's far from it...

have you ever played, point 'n click games, the sam & max series, or read choose your own adventure books?? it's 80% more like that, and 20% GTA... maybe it's more 70/30 but either way, it's different... RDR was more 80% similar, which gave GTA gamers the GTA vibe... you might only get subtle feelings with LA noire but, it's still there... it just takes a backseat to the gripping story and cunning detective skills you'll be dealing with on a constant basis...

i don't expect a lot of GTA gamers to like this... but for me, i love "sam & max" detective games so, i am excited... and the fact that it "feels" like GTA and RDR (because of the RAGE engine) is just the cherry on top :D...

I agree. I think its gonna be less like GTA than RDR was. And if not whatever..Ill still love it. Just beat RDR again. Fuck i love that game. I've never played a rockstar game I didnt like. Bully was a lot different and it was fucking great. I loved the warriors too.

Guest Mr Bates

pssst! not RAGE. -_-

Team Bondi have their own engine which they haven't released ANY info about yet. A certain person at Team Bondi said he'd let me know if they do. ;)

R.A.G.E....??? :huh:... i know the mo-cap stuff and facial imaging wasn't done with the RAGE engine but, i thought the core world of LA noire was... i thought RAGE was R*'s world creator...

Team Bondi have their own engine which they haven't released ANY info about yet. A certain person at Team Bondi said he'd let me know if they do. ;)

/fix'd

Guest Mr Bates

R.A.G.E....??? :huh:... i know the mo-cap stuff and facial imaging wasn't done with the RAGE engine but, i thought the core world of LA noire was... i thought RAGE was R*'s world creator...

/fix'd

OMG you sooo fail at L.A. Noire knowledge! *Gay stance w/limp hand - other on hip* ^_^

Yeah i'm pretty sure I said somewhere before this game was a mix of Sam & Max Hit the Road, Grim Fandango and GTA IV.