Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

nice interesting read from IGN.

L.A. Noire: Sifting the Evidence

Was certainly a decent read. That cleared up my understanding on how clues and cases will play out. I was kind of worried that if you miss a lead it could be the end of that case or something. I didn't quite understand the methodology behind it.

What was that hotel you killed those Jewish guys in in GTA IV? The Majestic? Whenever I look at this, I can't help but think of the alleyway behind that place, where the window-washer lift was at.

• Like 1

I know I'm a bit late to this party, but I am totally not buying this day one.

I got really excited about it at first, but the more I look at it, the more it seems to be hyped up with its detective stuff.

I mean, sure that is cool and all, but does anyone remember why Mafia II sucked? There was nothing to do outside the missions.

You answer police calls? Cool I get it. It isn't mission based, you just move from desk to desk. Yawn.

I mean, I don't mind playing as a cop, I did it in the Driver series(don't get me started on the new one), I did it in The Getaway, and I did it in NARC, and I did it in my favorite cop game ever True Crime, but this game just isn't selling it to me anymore. So what you have fancy facial animation, if the game isn't worth playing but a few times over, there is no way its worth $60.

Now if this game comes out and is as good as they are saying, and mind you this is the only Rockstar title I've been iffy about, then I'll schedule a community gang rape so all of you can take out your frustrations and hatred toward me.

• Like 1

Now if this game comes out and is as good as they are saying, and mind you this is the only Rockstar title I've been iffy about, then I'll schedule a community gang rape so all of you can take out your frustrations and hatred toward me.

I've booked you in for Friday the 20th of May at 11:45 am. Please arrive 15 minutes early to guarantee your position.

• Like 1

I've booked you in for Friday the 20th of May at 11:45 am. Please arrive 15 minutes early to guarantee your position.

Man, the day before my birthday, so go a little easy.

TFT are you a legitamate new member? Either way, I don't see the need for a special occasion. Just send me a PM and we can arrange a soft violent anal rapeage.

Man, the day before my birthday, so go a little easy.

I hope that wasn't a hint. *hides enormously large dildo-shaped giftwrapped present*

"LA" noire being shown at a "NY" film festival?! but in all seriousness, i'd love to see some information on the event since they may have just opened the doors for video games to be treated the same as films... i even heard a rumor that there will now be a video game soundtrack category for whatever award show it is that gives out awards for that kind of thing...

http://www.vg247.com/2011/04/26/l-a-noire-allows-gamers-to-skip-portions-if-they-fail-so-many-times/

apparently you can skip portions of the game if you keep failing it... not sure why you'd ever want to do that, this seems like a game in which you don't want to miss anything!!

"80% devoid of action"... Hmmm good or bad?

I guess as long as it's not all narrative it's fine. But 80 seems like a bit of an uneven scale...

I know it's essentially a detective game where clues and psychological decisions are key elements. But i do like a good shoot out or stealth tracking. That's what hooks me on most games.