Sign in to follow this  
ViceMan

L.A. Noire

Guest LA Noire

This game is really going to tip the video games vs. art debate in our favor.

A Rockstar North dev just tweeted this:

"The Tribeca Film Festival was founded in 2002 by Robert De Niro. It's a sizable, annual event that has never before recognized a videogame."

Also, anyone not pre-ordered yet?

preorder-keyart-game-sm.jpgpreorder-keyart-play_com-sm.jpgpreorder-keyart-amazon_uk-sm.jpgpreorder-keyart-zavvi-sm.jpg

Official Pre-order page

I've pre-ordered "A Slip of The Tongue" because mooching round the city searching for cars really appeals to me for some reason. Soundtrack is included too which you'll be able to download (by entering your code) from a page on the official site (which hasn't been added yet btw).

Guest LA Noire

I only fear that all these pre-release achievements will set our hopes much higher than the game actually delivers and make it seem lacking even though it's still the best.

It is strange how L.A. Noire is getting all this type of attention before it's even been fully revealed. Maybe Sam Houser will bung Barack Obama $4,600 to mention it like he did prior to the launch of GTA IV?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmYyvLTzPhQ

Guest LA Noire

Thought I'd share this Exclusive screenshot with you fellas, nothing spectacular but at least you get to see it first............second. :)

RockstarSpyExclusiveScreenshot.jpg

Some more fansite exclusives:

rsnexclusive.jpg

8247569301.jpg

0225.jpg

exclusiveforsectorrocks.jpg

LANoire_DBexclusive_fansite.jpg

la-noire-net-30032011.jpg

lanoire_news_30_03_2011_1.jpg

exclusive-for-rockstarbase.jpg

Clothing textures are amazing.

I was researching LA noire's Motion capture for an essay I'm writing at the moment and come across this image. Dunno if any of you guys have seen it, but I haven't so I thought I'd post it! :D Might be an old one.

LANoire_fansite_Artwork.png

The size tells me it was ripped from the official site backgrounds like when I posted the 3 after it launched. I know I've seen it before and pretty sure it's in the background rotation for Rockstar's site.

edit: kept refreshing the L.A. Noire site. I get a blank background once in a while and the source code says it's supposed to be bkd5.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/lanoire/img/global/backgrounds/bkd1.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/lanoire/img/global/backgrounds/bkd2.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/lanoire/img/global/backgrounds/bkd3.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/lanoire/img/global/backgrounds/bkd4.jpg

http://media.rockstargames.com/lanoire/img/global/backgrounds/bkd5.jpg

those links may or may not work. I typed in 4 and and got an error until I viewed it on the official site. Then it worked. They might have removed #5 to prevent us from getting it early (too late).

Guest Marney1

@DuP It's poster art from the merchandise R* were handing out at PAX, it'll be available from the R* Warehouse soon. I think it was titled "What's in the trunk?".

Guest Marney1

153.jpg Pipes and ladders can be climbed when necessary to inspect a site on a case.

You couldn't do that these days, bloody plastic crap.

• Like 1

Rockstar has posted a list of achievements and trophies. Take a look below.

L.A. Noire Achievements & Trophies

159.jpg?c=66283504641614856

"The Woman in the Window", one of 50 gold film canisters to find and collect for the 'Hollywoodland' Achievement/Trophy.

160.jpg?c=46192738856188950

Examining this golden butterfly broach will earn you the 'One For The File' Achievement/Trophy.

Maybe the hidden films are small fragments of one whole that when completed and viewed (similar to AC II) play a complete movie; perhaps the GTA V trailer. [/sarcasm]

so, movie films and badges (gamestop pre-order) to collect, eh?? at least there will be something to do when wandering around the city... i like how the police scanner is in the cars, giving you the opportunity to participate in a random crime... while the game sounds very linear, at least there are things that distract you a little bit...

i wonder how many outfits cole has, or can unlock... and i wonder how they will handle unlocking them... like RDR in that you need to acquire or complete certain objectives, or perhaps like GTAIV where there's a fedora shop just down the road...

looking at the trophy list, i might be able to finally get a platinum trophy for a R* game... i bet if i applied myself a little more i could get one for RDR but, GTAIV is out of the question... LA noire looks possible though...

I'm feeling optimistic about the city now.

One down side to a sandbox world is that if there isn't something to do on every street then there goes another part of the game wasted and it wasn't really worth making. We all know this from Mafia 2. Loads of nice city to drive around in, but most of it wasn't relevant to the missions or anything apart from collecting wanted posters, which just felt dull anyway. So why make it....

Now I know there are packages to collect, I think I'll appreciate the city views more, just like GTA i guess.

i wonder how many outfits cole has, or can unlock... and i wonder how they will handle unlocking them... like RDR in that you need to acquire or complete certain objectives, or perhaps like GTAIV where there's a fedora shop just down the road...

From the R* mail list, I've been getting these emails with the trailers, technology demos,

and how they made the game type stuff. It says he starts as a beat cop and moves up to detective,

but not using the traditional mission system. More involvement and clues lead to other

opportunities. Also besides the 32 camera HD facial system for the actors, the script

now includes basically what we know from Fallout as "speeching". So by taking new cases

on, and speeching outcomes, will provide new outfits that he may not have gotten otherwise.

Unlimited amount of cases open at any one time, based on your initiative to finish them.

Also there is the negative side of it, missing out on outfits because he didn't progress

in a crime or speech a certain person the right way to get a rare outfit.

• Like 1

so you know for a fact that outfits unlock based on performance during cases?? i haven't heard that one yet... while i do expect some to be like that, i just hadn't heard anything from R* about that... i know you'll have outfits at each desk but, i am not so sure if you can wear your beat-cop outfit to a homicide :lol:...

so you know for a fact that outfits unlock based on performance during cases?? i haven't heard that one yet... while i do expect some to be like that, i just hadn't heard anything from R* about that... i know you'll have outfits at each desk but, i am not so sure if you can wear your beat-cop outfit to a homicide :lol:...

I only know what the narrative in the tech demo said...

That should probably be on YouTube by now, but there are quite

a few R* videos if you are on their mailing list.

Mostly the awesome mocap with 32 HD cameras is what I remembered

but on the other tip was the outfits, weapons, and speeching.

They're jumping on the future game tech bandwagon.

• Like 1

Guest Marney1

Last minute change I guess. :P

Yep, caught me off guard, thought I was going mental. :huh:

Edit:

Capture18.PNG