DuPz0r

GTA V PS4, xbOne, PC!

You know what else would be cool? (and some of this may be in the director mode? havent gotten it yet obviously haha)  Is having some sort of waypoint control on the map so that you can actually creat say a race for multiplayer with your friends, or accomplish a certain task (say travel to this waypoint, and kill this dude and you could arm his camp with his mates etc)  But basically like the mission editor where you can spawn certain assets and make a task that must be completed type of thing. (or a race where you set waypoints and everyone has to follow) I personally would love to be able to make my own races!!  I'm pretty good at finding weird routes through alleys and jumps etc.  Anyhow, THAT would be cool as fuck. 

Ever played the old game flashpoint?  It had an awesome interface for a mission editor that was user controlled. You could save the missions and send it to your friend (put it in the proper folder on their local box etc) and then everyone could play the mission.  Pretty badass!

Did you not play GTA on console, at any point? There are creators for races, deathmatches, and other shit that isn't fun.

No regular mission creator, though. I imagine Rockstar doesn't want to turn those particular tools over to the community, because everything falls apart when random fuckers on the internet start doing Rockstar's bread and butter better than Rockstar.

Go on, Rockstar. Release a mission creator. I fucking dare you. See what happens when someone who still gives a shit starts doing your job.

Yeah I've done those preset missions.  I'm talking about custom making your own waypoints for races etc so that you'd basically have a bunch of hoops (that you place whevever instead of the preset ones, basically just build your own) or gates to make it through in order to finish.  The TGAIV multiplayer missions were alright.  Most of the time we had more fun just getting all of our warning levels up and trying to hold down the fort someplace for a bit then race to someplace else and do the same thing (talking on vent) but yeah... i get yah man }-)

gtaiv was def much fun

does anyone know if the PC version is playable today already? I got mine shipped and I'm installing right now... just wondering if it's worth the struggle today...

EDIT: oh well likely not gonna be playable today as, after a 55gb install, another 5gb are downloaded at a staggering - probably server overload caused - dl speed of 60kb/s :no:

@River No, Massacre meant there is a creator that comes with GTA V/Online.

You can make races/DM/TDM/Capture/LastTeamStanding etc, anywhere, with any vehicle type, and drop props...

Honestly have you not seen our sub forum dedicated to the GTAO creator?

http://www.igta5.com/forums/forum/30-creator-jobs/

@gtagrl That video editor looks appetising, but since PS4 has an advanced 15 minute recorder i never miss a thing. And i can edit it all on PC aftwards anyway. The only thing i can't do is change the camera angle once it's done, which the best part about that editor.

• Like 1

you can create your own scenes using single player characters, and lines of dialog as well... i think people are gonna have a blast with it... unfortunately, i doubt it'll ever come out on consoles... that's the only reason why i'd want GTAV PC, that editor looks fun as hell...

• Like 1

PC and new-gen features like video editing and streaming are tempting, but better suited for hardcore fans running their own YT/Twitch channel and looking for subs... I was moaning the other day about how long it took to save and back-up my Snapmatic gallery, which still doesn't compare to the volume of pics to manage weekly back when I was still participating in forum matches.

It all looks like a lot of fun, and it would be tempting to get it on PC if I had a worthy one...but generating video is a huge time commitment (capture, edit, audio, post & share, repeat to keep fresh). Instead I'll just look forward to enjoying what other PC gamers will put together. :)

• Like 1

i haven't saved a single newgen pic yet :P... not sure if i really want to anymore... granted, i don't take as many as i used to, but i've gone far too long now that it'd be a long as process.. i might still do it tho..

• Like 1

the first video made in the new editor...

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/editor/mostrecent/video/YMOz_4scpEi7Qq5FET-XYw

R* commissioned the creative guys at 8-bit bastard to make the first ever video... god damn i would love to get my hands on that editor!! the possibilities are endless... 

• Like 3

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/editor/mostrecent/video/YMOz_4scpEi7Qq5FET-XYw

R* commissioned the creative guys at 8-bit bastard to make the first ever video... god damn i would love to get my hands on that editor!! the possibilities are endless... 

Very nice Forest Gump homage, those 8-bit bastards!

• Like 1

Very nice Forest Gump homage, those 8-bit bastards!

Speaking of dynamic beards...

Amazing video. :shlick: Now I totally want this, badly.

@River No, Massacre meant there is a creator that comes with GTA V/Online.

You can make races/DM/TDM/Capture/LastTeamStanding etc, anywhere, with any vehicle type, and drop props...

Honestly have you not seen our sub forum dedicated to the GTAO creator?

http://www.igta5.com/forums/forum/30-creator-jobs/

@gtagrl That video editor looks appetising, but since PS4 has an advanced 15 minute recorder i never miss a thing. And i can edit it all on PC aftwards anyway. The only thing i can't do is change the camera angle once it's done, which the best part about that editor.

Yeah I've used all those options and played around with it a lot.   I was talking about a full blown mission editor capable of setting objectives that must be completed etc (objects picked up, or people eliminated)  The one in flashpoint was bad ass in that you could setup missions just like the real game for single player or multi (not just limited to the two mp options)

It would be really cool to see a mod for that if rockstar wont ever release something to do that with.  im curious to see what we can do with director mode in those ways.  

@the editor

badass!  im excited to play around with it some.  i got a tracking number today.

R* should offer a special edition version on a cool shaped USB thumb drive (maybe a V and one end plugs in?) for this PC version.

• Like 1

Has anyone had a chance to play the PC version yet? I'm still stuck at downloading the day one patch because 90% of the time, "the connection to the server is lost" and in the mere unlikely event of a download happening it won't go beyond 30kb/s. Other stuff works fine online so I'd say well done R*... not

A lot of people are having problems and I've seen a few posts on Reddit about a standard download speed. When I downloaded the Social Club software it kept failing right at the end and would need to start over from nothing. The 5th or so try finally went through.

the social club download thing worked quite well for me. max download speed until like 95% when it suddenly dropped in the 2 digit regime. not so much luck with the 5gb download. I'm still at 2.25gb only after almost 20hrs and several attempts to fix it (luckily the dl continues where you left)

"

Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 04/15/2015, By End of Day      

Yeah, so lame.  I ordered the game in august of last year.  Yet steam users have been playing since 4 pm yesterday.  At least Rockstar cares about its customers getting the game on time.  I'm actually in the middle of writing an article on this crap.  It has been really lame (the delays and excuses) despite the game being cool.   I'm a bit pissed that I could preorder a game nearly a year ago and someone could order it last night on steam and get it before me. (so my disks will arrive 2-3 days after most people get to play the game)  Cool Rockstar thanks!!  Not like it wouldve been awesome to get the game a day earlier or something, but no. Lets make it a couple days late.     ;)

It's a little late now, but, maybe go brick-and-mortar, next time. Everyone can spare ten minutes to swing by Gamestop. There really isn't any advantage to ordering a disc copy online.

While I'm at it, there isn't any advantage to buying the Steam version, either. A disc is so much more convenient, if something goes wrong and you have to completely reinstall the game.

• Like 2

Well my discs arrived.   I'm a little put out though.  I'm not quite sure why they send you discs, when the first thing it does after slowly installing 7 discs for over an hour is - it downloads a 60 gb "patch".

Wow.  

Why send the damn discs to people if its pretty much nulled, and you have to download the practically the entire game all over again anyways for it to work?  I have not been able to play yet, so please excuse my disgust for this release so far.  Totally not impressed with the way this has been released.

• Like 2