ViceMan

Red Dead Redemption - www.iRedDead.com

Guest Retarded Llama

The free Red Dead Redemption DLC might be coming on or right around September 16th along with a Game of the Year Edition of the game (everything rolled into one package).

edit: Rockstar keeps deleting comments about it so it would seem to be true.

They've clamped down lately with any off topic comments but I do remember a recent comment from a R* San Diego dev saying "RDR fans we're not finished by a long shot!" Going by his comment I'd bet he was hinting at something more than the free Myths & Mavericks DLC. I don't think there's any chance they won't release a GOTY edition, that would be daft so I think this rumour is plausible. I'd even go as far as reckoning they're gearing up for that much wanted PC version. Marney1, reporting from Rockstar San Diego's office cloakroom. Back to you in the studio.

Guest Retarded Llama

I wish they were a bit more loyal to their offline game. We need more story mode content!

I think a new single player DLC would be welcomed by everyone and sell as well as Undead Nightmare did, just hope Rockstar are thinking the same.

^ That would work. I fully expected two Episodes from Liberty City-type DLC's. Undead Nightmare qualifies, but we need more, especially since Red Dead Rape (that's what I'm going with) is even farther off than GTA V.

Guest Retarded Llama

Red Dead Roswell.

Cowboys_and_Aliens_review_article_story_main.jpg

Damn, wish it was nearing April Fools Day..................it worked with Bigfoot.

I have been meaning to get back into RDR (again) but I think i'll wait until the new DLC is released... unless of course GTA V has been announced by then in which case i'll be busy reattaching the withered stump of my penis with a sewing kit.

So I was thinking recently of some ideas i'd like to see implemented into a potential sequel/prequel to RDR:

If it is a prequel (which I think logically is the only way to go) then it should be set during the American civil war. I would love being in the middle of that conflict, doing jobs for both factions and taking all the reward while they mindlessly kill each other. It would be nice to be roaming through the wilderness and suddenly stumble across a battle going on, you could pick sides and earn some respect with that faction to possibly get a discount on ammo and supplies or even a unique weapon, of course you could just sit on a nearby ridge and kill both armies and take their supplies instead, in which case you'd have to kill all survivors or risk losing respect with both factions. These battles should be more than just AIs on foot shooting at each other, there should at least be basic AI scripts making them charge, some on cavalry commanding the battles, and even cannon batteries pounding the ground troops from afar. After the battle you could hitch these cannons up to a horse and steal them for your own use (it would be slightly unrealistic for one man to be able to deploy and operate a cannon but fuck it, it's a game.)

I would also like to see Native American tribes perhaps have a small appearance in the game, as the last tribes struggle to overcome the looming expanse of the frontier around them, they could give you a few missions involving sabotaging the spread of America west and restoring their way of life.

I had the idea that you have to carry water flasks around that you could fill up in towns, after several hours game time in the sun the screen would slowly start to sway and blur, taking another hour to reach full intensity, similar to GTA IV's drunk mode. It should take a while to happen so a not to get in the way of missions and such, but I think it would be a nice touch.

Um, I had more but this shit's already taken up far too much room so... next time i'm feeling creating i'll bore you all with my rambling.

TL;DR

"Hai I um noob I wood like moer guns in the next game an moer bigger map 2 run arond in it wood b cool if thay did that an aslo thay shood put in moer thinks 2 do dont u agree if u dont u r gay."

So I was thinking recently of some ideas i'd like to see implemented into a potential sequel/prequel to RDR:

If it is a prequel (which I think logically is the only way to go) then it should be set during the American civil war. I would love being in the middle of that conflict, doing jobs for both factions and taking all the reward while they mindlessly kill each other. It would be nice to be roaming through the wilderness and suddenly stumble across a battle going on, you could pick sides and earn some respect with that faction to possibly get a discount on ammo and supplies or even a unique weapon, of course you could just sit on a nearby ridge and kill both armies and take their supplies instead, in which case you'd have to kill all survivors or risk losing respect with both factions. These battles should be more than just AIs on foot shooting at each other, there should at least be basic AI scripts making them charge, some on cavalry commanding the battles, and even cannon batteries pounding the ground troops from afar. After the battle you could hitch these cannons up to a horse and steal them for your own use (it would be slightly unrealistic for one man to be able to deploy and operate a cannon but fuck it, it's a game.)

I would also like to see Native American tribes perhaps have a small appearance in the game, as the last tribes struggle to overcome the looming expanse of the frontier around them, they could give you a few missions involving sabotaging the spread of America west and restoring their way of life.

I had the idea that you have to carry water flasks around that you could fill up in towns, after several hours game time in the sun the screen would slowly start to sway and blur, taking another hour to reach full intensity, similar to GTA IV's drunk mode. It should take a while to happen so a not to get in the way of missions and such, but I think it would be a nice touch.

Um, I had more but this shit's already taken up far too much room so... next time i'm feeling creating i'll bore you all with my rambling.

TL;DR

"Hai I um noob I wood like moer guns in the next game an moer bigger map 2 run arond in it wood b cool if thay did that an aslo thay shood put in moer thinks 2 do dont u agree if u dont u r gay."

Oh no! i better like what vicey said so im not gay!

• Like 1

TL;DR

Oh no! i better like what vicey said so im not gay!

Damn right you proud american! :D

Decided i'm going to get back into RDR multiplayer, starting tonight. Might start off with a few TDM and after i've built my skills back up I might try going back to straight deathmatch. You're welcome to join me, if not then fuck y'all.