ViceMan

Red Dead Redemption - www.iRedDead.com

Hmm, tbh i think they aren't really worth getting any more. If i had to chose though I'd pick the golden weapons. But saying that i already got the deadly assassin outfit which wasn't that great really. And as Vicey said, meh a warhorse.

I don't want to disappoint you and dissuade you from starting a new game but it really isn't worth it just to see the warhorse, I used the warhorse once until I got the Kentucky saddler.

ohh no, i am not starting a new game... i have an evil file stuck somewhere in mexico... i'll try it out on that file instead... unless i have to start a new game to use the new horse :angry:... i hope that is not the case...

i might be able to catch 30 minutes of it if i hurry home... then again, who really cares anymore... i doubt i'll finish leveling to 50 (around 46 i think) and i can't be bothered to start an 8-man posse since it's hard enough to get 3 people to stay in the gang without one of them being dropped from the game altogether... plus, those damned online trophies for win-streaks...

i am missing all of the above for a platinum trophy... and quite frankly, if i applied myself one weekend i could get it done but i don't want to... i've moved on from their multiplayer... i figured these triple XP sessions would be a good time to try to tackle these trophies but, they always plan them at times when i am unavailable so fuck it...

i'll check out the war horse soon tho...

Guest Marney1

Rockstar have been having the events based on when most people want them lately. There'll probably be a late night one for your area sometime.

I don't see the point of those triple XP events, surely nobody is that desperate to advance in level, if they were they'd have used a glitch in one of the patches that allowed insanely fast levelling - like I did. But to be fair I did lose my multiplayer save data a couple of times around the level 45 mark and had to start all over again.

In other news i've finally began another playthrough of this brilliant game, it's been nearly a year since it was released now, and I don't know whether to think it's been a long time, or a short time.

i am totally willing to play this game again... i had a blast the first time and enjoyed writing up guides for the website... but i do think the triple XP events are still big draws, there's got to be a reason why they are still doing them...

R* are good at organising official game sessions long after the game has been released. Unlike other developers who release a game then forget about the community.

I've noticed quite a few people that have recently picked up the game (as far as tw@tter goes) so them plus the people who haven't played hardcore for the past year (me) need/want the extra XP to rank up. Plus I think they're trying to get back those that have moved on to other games.

And all the n00bs eat up the "play with R*" gigs. -_-

Because of this thread I've started playing again. Usually by myself...and playing Undead Nightmare trying to get the achievements for it that I don't have.

Anyone else wish they would have released more single player DLC? I mean, there is so much that could be done with Jack, maybe even have the story involve World War One.

And I know a lot of you didn't like Jack, but you have to remember a lot of the "gunslingers" back then were in fact young men as opposed to the older grizzled gentlemen movies and books have made us fall in love with.

I was very disappointed we never got any more DLC after Undead Nightmare. I was hoping we'd get something along the lines of what we got from GTA IV, at least as far as content, not a side story with a new character.

• Like 1

I mean, there is so much that could be done with Jack, maybe even have the story involve World War One.

That's actually not a bad idea. R* could get into the war game market via RDR. :D

I think most people's problem with Jack was his voice. Looked ~20 by the end but his voice was still childish. Didn't match up to me. Wiki says he was 16 and then 19 which seems right. 3 years but his voice just never matures.

Guest Marney1

Via @RockstarGames

TRIPLE XP is now live for the next two hours (10PM-12AM Eastern) in #RDR multiplayer on Xbox Live, & add RedDeadDev3 to play with Rockstar

& due to a PSN outage, Triple XP in #RedDeadRedemption on PSN will happen sometime in the next few days, watch our feed to get the word

I mean, there is so much that could be done with Jack, maybe even have the story involve World War One.

That's actually not a bad idea. R* could get into the war game market via RDR. :D

I think most people's problem with Jack was his voice. Looked ~20 by the end but his voice was still childish. Didn't match up to me. Wiki says he was 16 and then 19 which seems right. 3 years but his voice just never matures.

maybe he could pick up smoking in the army and develop a deep raspy voice?? then he'd sound cool...

but R* trying out the WW-days would probably be a nice refreshing approach to the genre... the saboteur brought a new and interesting angle and i bet R* would take the same approach, albeit, from a different angle of course :D...

okay, seriously Tanner: fuck you.

830.jpg

hahahahaha that is great.

I always though that since war broke out, he got his revenge, and his whole family is dead, he would just enlist because he "ain't got nothing to live for anyway".