bpingali

Totally new GTA V "stuck without missions" - Nothing you've heard before trust me

Hi - I just finished "Legal Trouble" and an online guide tells me I'm super close to finishing the game.

However the following major problems take place:

(1) I fly away at the end of the mission to evade cops / remove wanted rating

(2) Expectedly, over the ocean I get a "mission passed" box

(3) Now I am no longer wanted to so I attempt to land back at the airport - during which I get a call from Tracey for a side mission, which I accept

(4) After landing the airplane on the runway, my 3-star wanted rating is back!

(5) I get shot down immediately, and always respawn at the airport, always with a 3-star wanted rating!

(6) So I quit the mission - it's a side mission anyway and I just really want to finish the game at this point

(7) Done - no missions ever trigger from then on

(8) If I switch characters, they don't accept missions either

(8a) Franklin drives all around he big green circle, no prompt for weed stash comes up. Half an hour of driving around yields nothing

(8b) Trevor reaches a strangers and freaks mission - no cutscene, all controls lost except walk / run movement. Reboot game and Trevor completes a rampage mission. Switch back to Michael. Nothing

(8c) Switch back to Michael anyway. Play the last strangers and freaks - the running race one - complete "mission passed". Nothing else triggers

The following things have been tried and don't work:

(1) The go to sleep / save in new slot / reload maneuever

(2) Same as (1) with phone based quick save

(3) Play as each character for around 30 minutes each at least

(4) Reboot PS3 million times

Since you haven't tried it already, it's worth a go to clear your console's cache. This gentleman has a tutorial for doing that here: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-clear-ps3-cache.1044115/

Try it and let us know if it fixed anything. Good luck.

Have you tried replaying that last mission from the pause menu? Maybe if you try and do it again, and try landing in the airport from another direction, you might not get a wanted level. And don't accept any missions until it's all done...

...See if all the jobs come back after.

Dunno if it that will help, but it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.

Do you have another save file you can load? Sounds like you hit a perfect storm of circumstances to cause a major glitch. You should report this to R*, too.

Thanks a bunch guys - I've tried the following to no avail:

(1) the taxi ride + skip move to force load

(2) replay mission (it shows as silver complete btw) - didn't land plane at all, screen flashed back to a load screen for story mode while i was still flying above the ocean. no side mission phone call, stuck in same place as i have been (i checked by going to ammunation - what i bought just after the fail was still equipped)

(3) flushed cache - deleted the game patch data file not the major 8GB install though. not sure how a corrupt save file will recover by repatching game data ..thoughts?

like an idiot i had been running on pure autosave (i am usually very diligent in saving) so the only working version i can go back to is roughly 15 missions ago!

i'm cooling down with some AC4 while i try to figure this one out. i'm hoping after enough time passes i'll simply want to groundhog day all those missions. i do hate flying things though, this will suck at some level at least.

yes i did write to rockstar - it is definitely a perfect storm of disastrous bug failure. anyone have any experience on their response frequency / helpfulness?

You should get a ticket reference number, then either a real response, or an automated one via email. If you get the automated one which has nothing to do with your problem, then you can re-activate your issue, and they should boost your priority until you get a real answer from them. - From experience.

Might take them a couple days to answer. Needless to say they get a fuck load of emails daily.

Yep. Unfortunately, people have been emailing excuses to get their modded money back.

If you did any type of modding and/or joining DNS servers, don't. They will check your account to see if you did any glitches or hacks and if they find anything, they reset you completely.