complixicata1

Super Bowl XLVIII - Predictions, please...

Super Bowl XLVIII  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay, this will be embarrassing for me if this has been started somewhere else, but I couldn't find it on a search. However, given the level of American Football chatter on here, I'm surprised that I cannot find anything. So here goes.

Personally, I think Denver wins it 31-17. Seattle will have a chance if their secondary can get into Peyton Manning's head early, maybe force a couple of turnovers. Also, if they can feed the Broncos' front seven a steady dose of Marshawn Lynch, Russell Wilson will have to take advantages of any opportunity for that killer play action pass.

I'm looking forward to the chess match between Manning and the self-styled 'Legion of Boom'. Since his injury earlier in the season, the men that make up Denver's O-line have been playing like men possessed to keep him upright, so you know he'll have all day to throw. They may well be ranked as the NFL's number one defense, but it remains to be seen if the Seattle secondary can live with that kind of pressure for so long.

And I believe it will be tight through three quarters, but I look for Manning to break it open late in the fourth with two touchdown drives.

Thoughts, opinions please...

I predict Arnold will come onto the field just after the start of the fourth quarter. He'll be swinging a ping-pong paddle and grunting, occasionally yelling "SURPRISE" as security attempts to wrestle him off the field. This event will drastically affect the psyche of both teams, and the game will be postponed by ten minutes. After the respite, play will recommence and Seattle will take the game by a touchdown and a field goal.

31 - 21 Seattle.

schwarzenegger-commercial.jpg?itok=kGHi2QZQ

No you're fine, trust me it's rare we have a new member such as yourself contribute something worthwhile. Welcome to the forums. Make sure you just check out other topics before posting a new one in case there may be a duplicate.

I don't give a shit, do whatever. I'll merge it once the Super Bowl is over and football is even more irrelevant than it is now (I know, I know, it's hard to get any less relevant than professional sports). The poll won't be needed once the game is done.

According to Brian, you have... Not to worry, if there was an issue, one of the mods would have notified you. You're fine, dearie.

EDIT: Ho, three simultaneous posts. The stars are aligned.

Edited by GunSmith

I don't give a shit, do whatever. I'll merge it once the Super Bowl is over and football is even more irrelevant than it is now (I know, I know, it's hard to get any less relevant than professional sports). The poll won't be needed once the game is done.

... I guess your an "olympics" dousche bag. Enjoy it.

I think the Seahawks will win, because of their defense.. But i want to broncos to win so we'll see.

17 21 seahawks

I have no idea.

Is there a team called Vikings? If so, I'd like for them to win.

Speaking of which, when is the new Vikings (tv series) season coming out?

i guess i ought to go on record and make my prediction... i think it will be a broncos victory, somewhere in the ballpark of 35-24 or so... i don't think the seahawks offense can do enough to win today, and they will need to do something because manning will score...

quite frankly, i don't care who wins... but this will answer the old question of what wins championships... offense or defense... on this day tho, i am pretty sure offense will prevail...