Sign in to follow this  
Alky

Keypad Secret?

Was on a job with two other guys to repo a couple of cars from a gated mansion, we had to crack the code on the keypad for the front gate to get in and get the cars. One guy finally got fed up and left the mission. The other guy that was left finally got it and we completed the mission. Is there some trick to using the keypad crack?

I've not played a keypad mission in a while. They used to be fairly easy at the time, but if they've sped it up like 'smithy said, then I can see it being a tedious mission objective. I lost interest in jobs the second patch to be honest. Payouts are still ridiculously low. And I only have like 30k cash left...

icon11.gif

if they sped them up that's pretty lame. they weren't overly hard before but hard enough.

I lost interest in jobs the second patch to be honest. Payouts are still ridiculously low. And I only have like 30k cash left...

True, but they are still the most consistent way to get RP. I'm starting to get sick or racing and DM's to be honest. Never liked DM's. Too much of a clusterfuck. Unless they are the unique type you've been making. I'm a CS type player so enemies spawning behind me is game-breaking. I cant fucking stand it. Also why I prefer small maps with 2 sides. Can't wait untill they let us make LTS. fuck spawn points

• Like 1

I couldn't agree with you dio. I hate DMs. for me its all about jobs mixed with air and sea races. land racin pisses me off too much. this is why I haven't done the group events in a while. I'm in bed for work by the time ya's get around to free mode. 5am wake ups suck. or 4am in dio and kuz's time zone. booooooo.

jobs are jobs, i don't care what it is, i'll play it... RP is nice but not a deal breaker... i just want to play... DM's get boring real fast with me, but i still love races, and i still love doing missions for all types of contacts...

me and killyou noticed the sped up hacking terminal when we tried to do a lower leveled mission at the playmate mansion... it was around the time he created his new character... we both struggled with it until killyou got lucky and popped it open... i'd be fine with it being a touch slower, but the last time i used a terminal, it was so fast that i couldn't even find the numbers...

I played this mission recently, so I remember it well.

The first keypad puzzle (IP hack) - there's 2 things to remember:

1. The numbers are moving in lines, from right to left, starting from the bottom right and then ascending (moving line up, etc.).

2. You only need to look for the first 2 digits. The rest of the IP No. will match.

I did it this way: set the cursor in the middle of the 2nd line from the bottom and looked for the first 2 digits of the IP No. to show in the bottom right corner. Then it's all about timing.

The second keypad puzzle (security code) is actually more difficult, as each line is rolling faster. But you can make 2 mistaakes, and knowing the way to tackle the IP puzzle, eventually you'll get this right, too.

• Like 1