Jizzy

The Jewelry Heist

Good question.

Did anyone other than Jizzin hire the shitty hacker to try and save money? How'd that work out?

Also, if you don't empty the store, you're losing roughly the same amount of money you'd lose by hiring the competent hacker. Talia, the driver you find crashed on the highway, is the only person you can use on any heist to successfully save money, because she is very skilled and only takes a 5% cut. Any other person that takes a low cut is going to cause problems that aren't worth the money you're saving, if you manage to save money at all.

In my second play through I went in loud with Ricky and the 12% driver (hadn't got around to unlocking the girl yet) and I cleared all cases. The driver crashed entering the tunnel but Franklin got the cash.

If you worry that you're not going to succeed in clearing out the store's inventory, bear in mind that the most valuable items are in the cases on the center island. Go for these cases first, then work your way around the store's perimeter.

I didn't really know there were other people around the map that you could hire to do jobs. So I only had the default ones... plus that noob from the Lifeinvader mission who kept texting me throughout the story (quite suspiciously before each heist) asking for work. Of course I never hired him as he was shite. Still, I went with the good hacker... but the shite driver who crashed and lost me some of the cut.

Can you get Talia before you unlock Trevor?

Just asking these questions because I just started my 2nd run through.

Also, I've only done the heist twice, and I used Paige for the first time, and the second time I did it for my brother and I believe he hired Paige as well.