Kwarb

Single Player DLC

To be honest, I would rather pay $5 to have all the content available to me than fuck around having to earn cash and missing out on content.

i literally said the same thing tonight... i don't care about $5, i'd pay it... GTAO has proven it's worth to me, i'll buy things... buying the money to buy the things is very, old xbox live-like... waste 8 hours to earn it vs. $5 to buy it? yea, it's a bit of a no brainer, especially if it unlocks the ability to always have it...

i see where they're going, but the super high GTA$ prices on everything is a bit much... at least give us the option to buy it... DLC in this day and age is the norm... and having the ability to earn it is a plus... but at least give us the ability to buy it outright even if we still need a certain level for certain mods...

• Like 1

So far, all additional content has been available through free downloaded patches (e.g. Beach Bum, seasonal items, V-Day Massacre), and not through disc-based content to purchase separately like TLaD and TBoGT, if that's what you're referring to.

In some cases the content itself is free in-game (e.g., Beach Bum clothing was all free), while V-Day Massacre clothing, weapons and the Roosevelt had to be purchased in-game. These new items will have to be 'purchased' in-game as well, according to the Newswire article...

Just like the recent Valentine's Day Massacre Special, the new vehicles and weapons will be available in both Story Mode and Online. In Story Mode, weapons will be deposited into all three characters' inventory with two full ammo-clips and all three cars are accessible from their garage properties. In GTA Online, you'll be able to purchase the new weapons and their attachments at any Ammu-Nation location while the vehicles will be available for purchase from Legendary Motorsport and Elitas.

• Like 1

Cheers, Lines. I hope it will all keep coming for free and via updates/patch/downloads, I'd rather not spend another dime of real money unless it's for a major expansion pack. I don't care how much things cost in-game, just keep the new stuff coming! :) It sounds promising...

And stay tuned for details about our upcoming Business Update Event Weekend as well as more info to be revealed on future updates including Online Heists, the Capture Creator update, new Assassination and Flight School missions for Story Mode and much more...

Feels like story dlc might not be in the works for gtav

They said it was. Unfortunately, they're too busy recoloring suits and t-shirts for GTAO, and don't have time for anything fun.

• Like 1

you know, their team is big enough to work on multiple things at one time... it's not like they're moving from dlc pack to dlc pack, i bet there's a giant part of the team working on single player content...

these packs sound like they're going to be a regularly occuring thing in between major updates... it's not like that's a bad thing, just sonething to keep us occupied while we wait on it...

The "Capture Creator"...Capture mode was uneventful as it was, will it really be improved by letting the community make their own equally lackluster versions of it?

WE WANNA MAKE MISSIONS, ROCKSTAR.

• Like 1

icon11.gif

The "Capture Creator"...Capture mode was uneventful as it was, will it really be improved by letting the community make their own equally lackluster versions of it?

WE WANNA MAKE MISSIONS, ROCKSTAR.

For IGTA nights, yes. We play our own created content a lot. people want their missions played. I put them in. the races and deathmatches. Meanwhile i honestly prefer the capture modes. it will make our playlists more varied. and they have controlled spawn points.

The biggest thing I hate about deathmatches is cocksuckers spawning behind you.

It happens in gta, it happens in COD. The problem if FAR less of an issue in capture modes.

If they keep releasing these new, "for a limited time only" cars, they should let me buy a new garage or 2 to keep them in....

this pack isn't a limited time thing ;)...

Oh that's ok then - I still want more storage though... even though I haven't even filled my 10 car garage yet...

The yellow car from the picture, which im assuming is the Turismo, is pretty cool looking. Don't know if ill pay out the ass for it online, but I might check out the guns and clothes though. over all, pretty cool. The plane also looks interesting as well....

It will be free. The content may cost a hefty sum in-game, but that's where they can make money off the cash cards.

according to an article i read, they say R* has made somewhere around $66M off shark cards... i guess people really are buying them, which is probably why the prices on the in-game valentines pack, and the incoming business pack are high... but thankfully this one is sticking around for a while so those that are patient can earn enough money for them...

if i got a little more money for the price of the cards, i'd even consider it... but i am sitting on $9M at the moment so i am not really concerned about that... but if they keep rolling out the DLC with pricey items, i might need to :lol:... but then again, i can always grind out rooftop rumble for some quick cash...

• Like 1