GunSmith

General Soundtrack Discussion

A general soundtrack discussion. Discuss radio stations or the in-game score here.

The music in Lamar Down really hooked me. Does anyone know of a place that I can find songs from the OST?

if the soundtrack of GTAV on itunes doesn't have it, then i don't know... there's quite a few good scores in this game... i am kind of a geek with that stuff, i like movie and video game scores... i have been known to listen to a hans zimmer (and others) radio station on pandora...

• Like 1

Me, too. HGW, Zimmer, all those guys are geniuses. Since I'm a cheap fuck, I'll just wait a few weeks for someone to post it on YouTube. Thanks, bOnEs.

EDIT: Found it. The track I was looking for is called "A Bit of an Awkward Situation". *bangs head*

DOUBLE EDIT: Maybe not. :unsure:

Edited by GunSmith

I don't know which show on the chat station it was but they came up with my favourite piece of dialogue yet....

The discussion was on choking someone while fucking them and the guy said something like "Make life while you take life away..."

Had to pause the game to lol...

The score has definitely grown on me. I'm still not a fan of 95% of the radio music, but the overall score is great. Ambient yet upbeat. I love the tracks that play in Trevor missions with the heavy distorted bass guitar.

I also dig leaving the pause menu music playing while I'm doing stuff around the room. It's trippy.

My favorite original song so far is the Pisswasser commercial on the tube, the one that makes fun of redneck America. I'm in stitches every time I hear the song.

Fantastic, and spot-on satire of so many ignorant motherfuckers.

"Ya oughta speak Inglish if ya like it here so much! Not Spanish, or Chinese, or BRITISH, Or fuckin' Duuutch! Fuck the Dutch!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rEPFaAwPiI

• Like 1

I'm slowly but surely finding some decent songs in the in-game radio. Still, imo, there are only 2 really good stations, a couple of ok ones, and the rest I don't even touch.

My review of the in-game radio, station by station

Non Stop Pop: I like Wham, Fergie, and Starlight. The rest is just background music to me. I wish the 80's stuff here had been combined with the lighter rock music on the other station, and the new stuff combined with the poppier Mirror Park stuff. I don't hate this station, and there are far worse ones, I just think it's not worthy of being a station by its self.

Radio Los Santos: Awful. This station is a disgrace to its name. I've been listening to it on and off for two weeks, and there is not one song I remotely like. It's pretty much everything I hate about the majority of modern rap.

Channel X: :no: I got so excited when I saw the name. I thought we'd be getting another Radio X. I'm sure some people enjoy this station, but not me. I just don't like west coast punk that much, except for Black Flag. And why are there so few songs on it? I guess I should be happy there was no Green Day.

Rebel Radio: It's ok. 'Convoy' is good for a laugh. I can listen to it without wanting to immediately change the station/shoot myself.

Soulwax FM: Just balls. Nothing to see here, and another waste of space considering 2 other stations also feature dance music or 'electronica'.

East Los FM: You know when you wait for the 'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP' song, you're on to a winner... Probably the worst station in GTA history. Couldn't R* have added the few decent songs to Worldwide FM?

West Coast Classics: Now we're talking. A giant fucking jewel in a pile of horse manure. I love almost every song on this station, and I've almost made an artform out of holding R1 and flicking the right stick to this station. I don't really have to say anything else. Everyone knows it's great.

The Blue Ark: It's pretty average. I'd say it's the lamest reggae station in GTA history by quite a bit. Needs more Shabba.

Worldwide FM: Winner of my most improved station award. I didn't like it much to start with, but it's got some pretty decent laidback stuff on it. I wish there was a bit more world music, and a bit less electronica.

FlyLo FM: Oh boy, ANOTHER electronica station. Was the radio in this game compiled by 30 people who had no contact with each other, and just all chose whatever genre there were currently listening to at the time? This has to be the most pointless station in the game. Why is Outkast here? Why is Aphex Twin here? Unnecessary.

The Lowdown 91.1: Not bad. Pam Grier is probably the biggest drawcard here. I wish there was more songs, though. 12 songs is not enough (Mastersounds had 18 songs, and was much better). Curtis Mayfield would have been good, too.

Radio Mirror Park: Indie my arse, this is MOAR ELECFUCKINGTRONICA, with added hipster. Actually though, it's not that bad, at least not compared to some of the other stations.

Space 103.2: Awwww yeah, now we're talking. I love this station. It has a slightly greater focus on 80's funk than Bounce FM, but it's just as good imo. It's got the GTA greats Rick James and Zapp (Heartbreaker is my favourite song in the game). It's got 'Party All The Time'. Once again, though, there just are not enough songs on the station. Only 13 here, yet fucking Radio Mirror Park has 22. The fuck R*.

Vinewood Boulevard Radio: Meh. Garage rock. Boring. I never listen to this station. Next

Los Santos Rock Radio: My winner of biggest disappointment. This isn't rock in the K-DST sense. This is AOR. Chicago and Steve Winwood? Nigga please. There are some gems (Robert Plant, APP, Steve Miller), but there is some ridiculous crap that just doesn't fit in, like Def Leppard and Don Johnson. Another case of 2 different styles jarring, which is the same problem I had with Liberty Rock Radio.

Talkback stations: WCTR is boring. Blaine County Radio is pretty good, but you can't listen to either station all the time because R* are dumb

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way, I would firstly send an abusive email to R* for FlyLo, East Los FM, and all the fucking electronica.Then I would suggest the following stations and improvements, which would have at least redeemed the radio a bit.

1. A combined metal and Desert Rock station (Kyuss, QOTSA etc). Because R* aren't ever going to give us a proper metal station, and chasing bikers while listening to Kyuss would sure beat killing bikers while listening to Willie Nelson.
  2. A yacht rock station. Take the Doobie Brothers, Steve Winwood, Steve Miller etc, add Steely Dan, Fleetwood Mac, and Rod Stewart, add a few yachts and some friends, and have fun times. Also add Duran Duran's 'Rio'.
  3. Proper Doof. Hell, I'd take dubstep over some of the crap in this game.
  4. Make the Rock station like K-DST. Less Chicago and Phil Collins, more The Doors, Kiss and Alice Cooper. And Billy Idol
  5. More Funk, please
  6. An RnB station would be nice,

That is all.

• Like 4

i'm sorry but east los santos has the full song to a 30 second prologue to a beastie boy song on hello nasty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrFKepTk_B0

totally saves the station... when i hop in a cab playing this song, i take my time before the fast travel...

also, radio LS had that gucci mane song that i actually liked, but that was it... i was also disappointed in it as well..

Holy fuck, an honest-to-God belly laugh. Thanks, HBW.

East Los FM: You know when you wait for the 'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP' song, you're on to a winner... Probably the worst station in GTA history. Couldn't R* have added the few decent songs to Worldwide FM?

THIS. How am I supposed to immerse myself in a miniature SoCal if there's not one Santana song to cruise the PCH to at night?!

I am finding a new appreciation of Bob Seger...

I would have liked a 90's rock station and a 60-70's classic hits station but oh well...

In the final credits, "Take the Money and Run" was listed as the Steve Miller Band song on LSRR, which I thought was the more appropriate number. Rock'N Me is the song that actually appears...

I was hoping for a bit of Radio X before we found out what the stations were, but it wasn't very Los Santos. Radio X was more of a San Fierro thing. I could see it making a comeback in a game set in San Fierro.

Off topic, I predict San Fierro for GTA VI. GTA Online? Yeah, we're filling out that San Andreas map, it's just going to take ten years to do it.

Today I had a little GTA moment at work, I was driving to a customer to change a flat tyre, and while I was passing by a wind farm,

the song "Higher Love" started to play in the radio lol.

I immediately had that GTA 5 feeling, despite the fact that it's cloudy today. Bring me a higher love!

Yeah the soundtrack is kinda ok, could use some Metallica, and a hard rock station.

Flylo Fm, Worldwide Fm and East LS are pointless for me.