zephyr1991

GTA Online Hints and Tips

So the honest ones are gunna grind twice as hard or lose interest. Gotta say my interest in online is wavering anyway as I'm getting sick of the grind. This change probably means I'll get 100% heaps faster though.

I was totally happy grinding away until this patch. Now I have to spend twice as much time eanring money I'm getting a lot less interested in the grind. The rewards don't seem worth all the effort at this stage.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. I only noticed the money atm. Here's a list of some of the other patched things:

The latest automatic title update for GTA Online is now available for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. As promised, this update addresses the remaining issues where some people's vehicles or vehicle modifications were disappearing due to a cloud save failure - as well as all the other fixes mentioned below:

• Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods
  • Fixes an issue where the incorrect car is replaced when choosing to replace a car in a full garage
  • Fixes an exploit allowing players to sell the same vehicle multiple times
  • Fixes an issue that caused personal vehicles to be duplicated
  • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to pay utility bills on an owned apartment or house
  • Fixes an issue where players were not getting Crew invites in-game
  • Fixes an issue where the starting point for the tutorial race was not appearing
  • Fixes issues with joining Jobs from within a player-owned garage
  • Fixes issues with players getting stuck while using playlists
  • Fixes additional issues causing black screens, long load times, and players getting stuck in the sky cam
  • Adds details in the UI to clarify that characters created while Rockstar cloud is unavailable are temporary (non-saved)
  • Adds changes to the character creator to make better-looking default characters with the “random” option
  • Players now only lose a maximum of 500 GTA$ upon death in Freemode

Of course, if you're still experiencing any other technical problems, please visit our support website and subscribe to the GTA Online Launch Status article. You can also shoot us a quick message at the Rockstar Support Twitter.

We also encourage you to send any constructive gameplay feedback you have to us at our [email protected] address, as we continue to monitor it for all the latest suggestions for tweaking and improving the experience of GTA Online.

I will hold my hand up and say I have used the glitch and I only made 1mil but when I found out rockstar is going to ban people I stopped.

Rockstar wouldn't be allowed to ban people for exploiting a glitch because

1:- They have not sent any emails out to rockstar members for warning people of a ban.

2. There has been no message when you log on about exploiting glitches. (I am talking about online hints pages)

3. People could take legal action against them for blocking them from playing the game they bought (yes probably some where in the very long t&c it's says they could ban you but in recent legal case in the u.k courts have thrown out t&c becuase they are stupidly long and no one is going to did something that is longer than a novel to read)

Now I know its wrong I am not going to do it again. If they reset my account so be it. I will just work my way up again as I am only level 30. Sad thing is I have to spend most of my time solo as if you get in to ope. Session you just get annoying people kill you for nothing. You think this game was about having the free will to do anything like running or riding a bike (someone is whispering in my ear). Wait a minute this game is about violence, crime, drugs and sex what I never realised that.

Seen as this is an online tip subject:- keep an eye out for a special air drops of weapons should be yellow highlighted area as I got a mini gun from it.

if ya's think they cut the payout cause of the glitchin then i got a bridge for sale here for ya too. They cut it so ppl will use the microtransactions. R* is a company after all and need to bring in $$ regularly. big payday? no need for real money to be spent on fake money. Want a quick payday? oh spend 5 bucks, and you'll get a chunk. times that by 50,000 players (random number). Not a bad source of revenue. No brainer there. Just think in business terms and you'll see the real reasons.

Also, there's no difference using the bike glitch or redoing that $9000 pay out job every 2 mins in the first few days. Or even fixed racing. same action. exploiting/cheating. ('Yer not playing the way the game makers designed it to be played.') I know for a fact that most, not all, but most have done at least one of these. don't be a cheater then turn around and call someone else a cheater because they cheated a bit different than you.

I wonder how many ppl complaining about the exploiters are real fucking thieves stealing music/movies online. yeah that's real money, not fake game money. fuckin hypocrite if you are and I hope ya get busted too. it's fucks like you that's the reason why i have to pay higher prices for music and movies with my REAL money.

I do photography stuff, and sell my shots, so no i don't steal copyright stuff. MP3's didn't exist when i started sellin my prints either.

.wav files were the thing back then. lol

Yeah but what about the legit players on here, the guys who farmed hundreds of missions to get to level 40 or 50 etc and now have to grind twice as much to get that and the big money. If R* intended for the game to be played this way well then they should have marked the first two weeks as beta and not launch a hardly balanced game.

Just gotta think clear and not think mad. they did state that they would always be tweaking things. If enough money is made per month by microtransactions, then i doubt we'll see higher payday's comming back.

and that's my point Dupz, what about the millions of legit players? i just don't see R* being petty as to punish EVERYONE, (how many million are playin online?), because of maybe 1/4 were dishonest in their gameplay. That's so not R*'s style. It's about them keeping a steady revenue, which is good for us, as it hopefully means better dlc for online sooner. If not done right, yes the MT's are on the greedy side, but if ya keep em cheap enough and a good value for the real $$ yer spending, they can be great for the gamer in the long run as far as the game development side of it.

seriously, i know ya's are pissed, but ya have to think clear, this approach is the business end of stayin alive as online game makers.

• Like 2

I just realized the cursor when browsing the internet is a hand flipping you off

Yeah but what about the legit players on here, the guys who farmed hundreds of missions to get to level 40 or 50 etc and now have to grind twice as much to get that and the big money. If R* intended for the game to be played this way well then they should have marked the first two weeks as beta and not launch a hardly balanced game.

How long did it take all of you in here to reach level 40? Just curious.

• Like 1

About 70 hours of legit playing. Which would have probaly takem double if they intended for us to get as much rewards as we get now.

So just to put things back on topic, which mode is now the best waybto make money on? I assume it's more rewarding to win multiple races in succession than It is to do missions now?

Check the car lists Simeon sends you. If you own one of the cars he requests, avoid driving it. He won't accept a personal vehicle, but you'll still get two stars for getting in the vehicle, just like if you had stolen it.

The Titan job for Lester pays $10k, and is really simple to complete. I did it with a random dude who literally drove us straight into the gunfire, loosing both team lives straight away, but after that it was a piece of cake. Plus it increases your flying skill, which is one of the hardest skills to increase.

Also doing the criminal records race nets you shitloads of exp (even if you do it legit) And takes about 1 minute per race, meaning lots of $.

• Like 1

Couldn't they have just reset people with an amount of money that was obviously exploited, like say 1mil and work from there?

If that were the case, I'd have been reset for a high amount of legitimate earnings.

Well it seems that nobody in this forum has been banned... Well done.

Yesterday I raced a guy in a Chrome Elegy with my Black Adder and I got in the place first. We started to fight in the "box" drop area and then the guy called airstrike, mercenaries, 9000 bounty etc. I think he used the glitch. xD

Anyway, yesterday I won 8 races (7 consecutives) and finished one in 7th place. Than I exited and I only got 91000 for a hour racing? WTF? The races had 9 to 16 players. I won 8000 to 8800 winning races, back in the past I won 11 to 13k. It seems the Rockstar discounted the exploits on us. Its hard to make money now and its hard to the Online Game to be fun playing with no friends. I just got back to story mode. =X

The reputation points are harder to get too.

Edited by bowserbr

I know there's a car duplication glitch out there but i'm not sure if it's the same as the one I stumbled across yesterday. It's quite simple though.

I suppose it could be considered exploitative so I don't know whether I should post it though. I'll keep it hush hush for now.

• Like 1

I know that some people here don't like glitches. But with Rockstar halving the payout for Jobs, I decided that I would post what will probably be one of the last useable money-making glitches. This will still work, even after the latest patch ( October 21st ). Also, I have used these glitches and have not had my character reset yet. But it's up to you whether or not to take the risk.

Here's a video showing how to do it step by step ( over $100,000 every 1-2 minutes ) ~

Remember to do this in an "Invite Only Session".

^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Plus for quickly Ranking-Up, this "RP Glitch" still works ( and this might not even be considered a glitch/ because you're just grinding Races to level up ). This is probably the fastest way to level up to Rank 120. Plus you will make money by alternating wins with a friend.

I found this RP Glitch from someone on another forum. This will work no matter what Rank you are ( but after Rank 100 you will receive the Maximum RP for the race with only 2 laps/ so from then on change the laps from 3 to 2 ). Using this Glitch I went from Rank 30 to 120 over the course of about 4-5 GTA Online sessions.

Here is the step by step guide ~

1. Host a "Criminal Records" Race.

2. In the Settings, set it for a "Standard Race". And the number of laps to 3.

3. Then turn "Traffic" - On

"Wanted Level" - On

"Catch Up" - Off

"Custom Vehicle" - On

4. Change Split Times from "World Record" to "Personal Time".

5. Then invite players in ( I.E Friends/ Crew Members ). This will work faster with 2 players ( so you can alternate who wins ).

6. Just Race normally ( but try not to crash too much ), and when you complete Lap 1 you will get a "Big White Bar" of "RP". Around 1.5 bars no matter what Rank you are when you do this. After Lap 2 you will get a smaller amount of "RP", and it should say that you have reached the maximum amount of RP for the event.

In total you should make about "7000 RP" every race ( not including the RP you get for completing the Race/ which will be an extra 500-1500 RP depending on your level, and your position at the end of the Race ).

The "White RP Bar" will look like so ~

image.jpg

This video shows more clearly what I'm talking about ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrK5Bfz2ECw

So after every 4-5 Races you should Rank-Up a Level. Each race itself will take less then 2 minutes to complete ( if you are using Super Cars for the races ), plus another 2 minutes loading time between races.

So it should take under 20 minutes to Rank-Up a level.

Hope this helps.

I know that some people here don't like glitches. But with Rockstar halving the payout for Jobs, I decided that I would post what will probably be one of the last useable money-making glitches. This will still work, even after the latest patch ( October 21st ). Also, I have used these glitches and have not had my character reset yet. But it's up to you whether or not to take the risk.

Here's a video showing how to do it step by step ( over $100,000 every 1-2 minutes ) ~

Isn't that just a minor change from the glitch they are apparently banning people over?

Since this is helpful tips, I have one;

If you want to check to make sure the GTAO servers are online before you go to the trouble of loading it up and finding out they're offline. While in singleplayer simply go into the in-game web browser and check the BAWSAQ website, if that is down you can pretty much guarantee the GTAO servers are down.

• Like 1

Isn't that just a minor change from the glitch they are apparently banning people over?

I used the other glitch which was similar to this, and haven't been banned yet. Even though it's very possible that I could be in the future.

Both Glitches involve LS Customs, but they each use different methods. With one going through the "PlayStation/ Xbox Store" ( which is patched ), and the other going through the "Character Swap Menu".

And even if I am banned, it won't really matter. I'm already sick of GTA Online. There is nothing in it to really keep and maintain my interest. Rockstar could of put so many more things into the game too add to it's longevity. Because in the end it's not really very fun, it feels empty, half finished and without purpose.

There aren't enough fun Game Modes, and the Rewards don't justify the amount of time you have to grind in order to get them. It will take months before "honest" players will be able to afford the better cars and customizations. And it will take just as long before they have enough RP to unlock all of the weapons and attachments. The Safehouses are a joke, with recycled interiors and no real benefit in owning them ( health/ armour spawns would of been nice ). And with Rockstar halving the already low mission rewards, it feels like they are just trying to force the majority of gamers into buying their cash-cards. GTAO overall has been a bit of a disappointment.

It seems to be getting emptier now, not so many people playing it and if they are not playing it for longer stints. I hope after the cash stimulus is released they get the next update out soon to hopefully add more to it. I'm only level 40 and it feels like a lot of work to get to the next level. What's keeping me playing is working towards a plane, a Stinger GT and possibly a boat.

I doubt that anymore people will get banned if they use the glitchs (If someone truly have been banned).

Nobody posted here of the char's being deleted.

I think I'll just try this last one to make enough fortune to buy the future updates contents and some choppers, tanks and planes(if I have time this week).

As much as R* Nerf have pissed me off already, I'm an honest gamer and enjoy succeding the right way. Where I totally agree that the grind Is boring and the world isn't as populated with jobs and stuff as I hoped, I believe they will come up with much more content eventually. And I'll be waiting around until they do. I'm in this for the long haul.

• Like 2