Sign in to follow this  
Massacre

Possible data corruption

Apparently, there is a chance that GTA Online's issues could cause your save file to become corrupt. Now, this is coming from CVG, and they are, in fact, fucking retarded, but it would be a good idea to back up your save files, anyway.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431689/gta-online-growing-reports-of-save-file-corruption-errors/

Well we've already had a report of corrupted data from one of our own members. I reminded people in the launch topic to back up thier data also.

Any fucked up data is on your own heads if you don't back up your shit.

• Like 1

I once spent 80+ hours in an rpg only to lose everything to a glitch. I back everything up now. Christ I have someone in mind if my wife goes crazy

it killed my xbox data. but i was only using that one for online anyway, so i only did the first mission tutorial to where u first free roam with Frank and see his shared home. However....the disc didn't survive my rage after the failed reinstall. i also learned while playing that game, that trevor has the same rage problem i do....

my ps3 data is still grooovy tho

I mean, it kinda went better than most launches. I was able to play the game all day yesterday, but I guess in return we have to deal with data corruption chances instead of not being able to play online errors.

I'm not sure if there's any other topic to put this in, but I'll put it here. I was a level 14 and was doing a mission for about 5 hours. I accumulated about $100,000 dollars and got to rank 16 from a rank 14. My internet got shut down unexpectedly however and when I tried to log back on, I was at level 14 AGAIN right before I was about to start the mission. Does anybody know a fix to this crap... I didn't even keep my money either.