Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

I believe it's just GTA V and your PS3 not playing nice. GTA V is somewhat demanding, and consoles can struggle with it at times, but not for very long. Just a minor hiccup. Don't be concerned unless it's happening fairly often.

anyone else gettin no crate drops at all?

I get the notifications bout crates and the countdown for special crates but nothing happens then. Sitting in a normal crate drop zone now for a whole game day and nothing drops. same for special crates, nothing alike appears on the map. happened now for like the 5th time straight

I think I've fucked things up! Tried getting online earlier tonight and the Rockstar cloud servers were "unavailable". I stupidly clicked 'Retry' to go to the character selection screen and managed to get on.

However, my rank has reset from 194 back to 1!! Yet all my money is still there and also my clothes, weapons etc.

I've raised a question with Rockstar Support but whether I hear back or not I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone know if this is 'fixable' or have I fucked things up for good?! :no:

I think I've fucked things up! Tried getting online earlier tonight and the Rockstar cloud servers were "unavailable". I stupidly clicked 'Retry' to go to the character selection screen and managed to get on.

However, my rank has reset from 194 back to 1!! Yet all my money is still there and also my clothes, weapons etc.

I've raised a question with Rockstar Support but whether I hear back or not I'll just have to wait and see.

Anyone know if this is 'fixable' or have I fucked things up for good?! :no:

I don't know, but if you still have everything then it sounds like it may just be a cloud issue? Did you reset and see if you're still level 1?

I did the "reset" thing last night as well but I got to re-select my character and my stats are unchanged...

You stats are fucked on the Social Club too.... Any chance you switched characters by mistake and are playing with one you created but never really used?

Another problem which I have been having for a while....

If I accept a job but then the job has too many players/job already started, it will of course ask me if I want to spectate. I never do as it would be a waste of time so I opt to pick 'no' so I can go back to Freeroam. Thing is, it very rarely does and more often than not I'll get a 'timed out' connection error and infuriatingly I have to go back to story mode then try and get back to Online again.

Its been a lot worse recently, so much in fact that its more or less doing this everytime. Sometimes as well after having to go back to storymode it can take me 2/3 attempts to get back to Online as I'll be getting the 'timed out' connection error.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to solve this or is my ISP (Virgin Media) just generally shit? I have had problems with VM in the past which I've mentioned before, but it seems piss poor to be having these connection problems when I'm on their 'top package'.

Also, for reference, my PS3 has a wired connection.

Has anybody been having trouble with their custom plates lately? I signed on and tried to change one of my new cars to custom license plate and some random plate number shows up instead of my usual one. Went back onto my ifruit app and checked, my custom plate is still the same as it's always been.

Has anyone had trouble with the trigger sensitivity (PS4) lately?  I can't do burnouts or shoot a gun without just about breaking the trigger... I can't find anywhere in the Settings to make it lighter...

I'm having trouble with removing the crew emblem on my car.

Everytime i remove it, it comes back after a couple of minutes.

My car is a fully upgraded vigero.

Does anyone else have this problem and knows how to fix it?

I'm on PS4 btw

yup, its been an issue for quite some time... rockstar sorta fixed it, because at least you can remove it... it used to never come off... but still, its a cheap patch fix, its not a solution... its little things like this that really bug me about gta online... there's still people that can't put crew emblems on jackets :(...

• Like 2

I think I fixed the emblem problem. (EDIT: The emblem appeared on the car again after I relaunched the game.)

After i removed the emblem I bought a new part and the crew emblem isn't showing up anymore, don't know how long it will stay that way.

I also have that problem with the jackets, but I don't use that anyway so its not a problem for me.

And I finally was able to join the pacific standard heist finale with random people, and the leader gave me 20% even though I didn't help him with setups or anything, but during the heist the game was glitching, The HUD was missing and they died pretty fast because we could not see our health bar.

EDIT: The emblem appeared on the car again after I relaunched the game.

Edited by KingOfLosSantos

I bought the FHI hunter helicopter and it won't give me the option to upgrade it in my hangar.  Anyone have this issue and how do I fix it??

Just pure classic stuff from you here. I have never seen such a brilliantly written article in a long time. I am thankful to you that you produced this!  GTA    

I’ve read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how much effort you put to create such a great informative website.