Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

Nothing specific from me but to back Bones and BlackSox up, the only time I've seen something similar is from a guy here who had a weak internet connection. Rockstar's problems haven't extended to issues such as the one you've mentioned. Hopefully BlackSox's questions/ideas work for you.

It sounds like you have a weak Internet Connection, or maybe too many people are using your Network at the same time ( piggybacking off it ). Do you live in an apartment?

Because there haven't been problems like this on Rockstar's side of things for a while ( at least not for me ). Their servers have been working a lot better as of late.

One question, have you had other problems with your internet connection, like when streaming movies or downloading games/ dlc's? If so then you should probably contact your ISP ( internet service provider ) for technical help.

It could even be as simple as moving were your router is in the room ( to avoid black-spots ), or using a wired connection ( Ethernet cable ) between your Router and Xbox/ PlayStation.

Let me atart off with thank you soo much!!!!!

I'm actually paying for really good internet. I have never had any issues with my internet with anything thats why this is sooo weird. Yes i do live in an apartment and i am using wireless. But the thing that gets me is because i played for the whole time it was first out. Fine no problems. It just started about a week ago and wasnt bad at first but just went downhill

change your password then... give that a try... or, you could be at your data limit and they're throttling your speed to compensate here at the end of the month... even cable internet has it's limits, but you have to download a ton to reach it...

• Like 1

It sounds like you have a weak Internet Connection, or maybe too many people are using your Network at the same time ( piggybacking off it ). Do you live in an apartment? Because there haven't been problems like this on Rockstar's side of things for a while ( at least not for me ). Their servers have been working a lot better as of late. One question, have you had other problems with your internet connection, like when streaming movies or downloading games/ dlc's? If so then you should probably contact your ISP ( internet service provider ) for technical help. It could even be as simple as moving were your router is in the room ( to avoid black-spots ), or using a wired connection ( Ethernet cable ) between your Router and Xbox/ PlayStation.
Let me atart off with thank you soo much!!!!! I'm actually paying for really good internet. I have never had any issues with my internet with anything thats why this is sooo weird. Yes i do live in an apartment and i am using wireless. But the thing that gets me is because i played for the whole time it was first out. Fine no problems. It just started about a week ago and wasnt bad at first but just went downhill

Let me ptry to help with this.

While you maybe paying for good internet your download and upload speeds actually mean nothing for online gaming. The important thing that matters is that you have low ping. Ping is the process of time in milliseconds that takes your "packets" to reach the data servers and back. While you could have amazing speeds itself its your ping that matters. You need to make sure you have your ports opened for online gaming and uPnP enabled. I created tutorial that shows you how to open your ping but it's for Xbox. Your best bet is to make sure your network settings is correct on PS3 and your DMZ is open. I'll post the tutorial on how to open your NAT for Xbox but you'll have to make changes and configure it for PS3. I haven't had to mess with my PS3 settings in years and I don't own a PS3 currently to help you to open your NAT.

Here is a quick step on how to open your NAT.

Go to this website address (it allows access into your router)

192.168.1.1 if that web address does not work try one of the following

When you get to that web address you will be given a log-in prompt

s8UufPL.png

The log in information should be

Username: admin

Password: admin

There is a possibility it could be

admin

(blank)

There is also a possibility somebody on your internet has changed it.

Once you're logged in the first thing you're going to want to do is go to the Administration section and make sure UPnP is allowed.

DeIAJZy.png

Once you've made sure UPnP is allowed you're going to want to find the port forwarding section.

Once you've found the port forwarding you're going to want to open the following ports.

The 111 in the picture I included is the IP to my Xbox.

5VEP4mV.png

There is another method, you can use.

If you use this method because the other method doesn't work find the DMZ settings in your router and enable it.

TqVIPKI.png

**Make sure you go to your Xbox 360 and change your Xbox IP from Dynamic to Static.</em></p>

**Make sure you save settings every time you make a change.

If you need assistance on changing your Xbox IP to static all the information can be found here

Step One:

Windows key + R to open the run prompt and search for 'cmd' for command prompt.

Step Two:

OSkKUGl.png

Step Three:

YjMCcbE.png

You'll basically want to skip the Single port opening and head straight to DMZ, again how you do this on PS3 is different than Xbox.\

HOLY FUCK DID I FUCK THE HTML CODING ON THIS SITE..

change your password then... give that a try... or, you could be at your data limit and they're throttling your speed to compensate here at the end of the month... even cable internet has it's limits, but you have to download a ton to reach it...

It sounds like you have a weak Internet Connection, or maybe too many people are using your Network at the same time ( piggybacking off it ). Do you live in an apartment? Because there haven't been problems like this on Rockstar's side of things for a while ( at least not for me ). Their servers have been working a lot better as of late. One question, have you had other problems with your internet connection, like when streaming movies or downloading games/ dlc's? If so then you should probably contact your ISP ( internet service provider ) for technical help. It could even be as simple as moving were your router is in the room ( to avoid black-spots ), or using a wired connection ( Ethernet cable ) between your Router and Xbox/ PlayStation.
Let me atart off with thank you soo much!!!!! I'm actually paying for really good internet. I have never had any issues with my internet with anything thats why this is sooo weird. Yes i do live in an apartment and i am using wireless. But the thing that gets me is because i played for the whole time it was first out. Fine no problems. It just started about a week ago and wasnt bad at first but just went downhill

Let meptry to help with this.

While you maybe paying for good internet your download and upload speeds actually mean nothing for online gaming. The important thing that matters is that you have low ping. Ping is the process of time in milliseconds that takes your "packets" to reach the data servers and back. While you could have amazing speeds itself its your ping that matters. You need to make sure you have your ports opened for online gaming and uPnP enabled. I created tutorial that shows you how to open your ping but it's for Xbox. Your best bet is to make sure your network settings is correct on PS3 and your DMZ is open. I'll post the tutorial on how to open your NAT for Xbox but you'll have to make changes and configure it for PS3. I haven't had to mess with my PS3 settings in years and I don't own a PS3 currently to help you to open your NAT.

Here is a quick step on how to open your NAT.

Go to this website address (it allows access into your router)

192.168.1.1 if that web address does not work try one of the following

When you get to that web address you will be given a log-in prompt

s8UufPL.png

The log in information should be

Username: admin

Password: admin

There is a possibility it could be

admin

(blank)

There is also a possibility somebody on your internet has changed it.

Once you're logged in the first thing you're going to want to do is go to the Administration section and make sure UPnP is allowed.

DeIAJZy.png

Once you've made sure UPnP is allowed you're going to want to find the port forwarding section.

Once you've found the port forwarding you're going to want to open the following ports.

The 111 in the picture I included is the IP to my Xbox.

5VEP4mV.png

There is another method, you can use.

If you use this method because the other method doesn't work find the DMZ settings in your router and enable it.

TqVIPKI.png

**Make sure you go to your Xbox 360 and change your Xbox IP from Dynamic to Static.</em></p>

**Make sure you save settings every time you make a change.

If you need assistance on changing your Xbox IP to static all the information can be found here

Step One:

Windows key + R to open the run prompt and search for 'cmd' for command prompt.

Step Two:

OSkKUGl.png

Step Three:

YjMCcbE.png

You'll basically want to skip the Single port opening and head straight to DMZ, again how you do this on PS3 is different than Xbox.\

HOLY FUCK DID I FUCK THE HTML CODING ON THIS SITE..

Thank you guys soooooo much for the help. I actually changed my password and played all night last night. Really weird but it worked by changing my password. But when I did change my password when I signed back on all my friends were gone. was like that for a couple hours but they came back. Everything seems too be working good now. But when I get home today I will try again. If getting my friends list back messes it up then I will try this option. One thing I did too when I changed my nat type to 1 is when upnp came up I put it as disabled on the ps3 so I wonder if that could have been it I don't know what upnp is so I disabled it after I changed my password I put everything back to normal and its good now :) :) :) :). I actually uped a level to 46 wooooooooooo!!!! THANK YOU GUYS YOU WERE SUCH GOOD HELP!!!!
  • Like 2

<snip>

Thank you guys soooooo much for the help. I actually changed my password and played all night last night. Really weird but it worked by changing my password. But when I did change my password when I signed back on all my friends were gone. was like that for a couple hours but they came back. Everything seems too be working good now. But when I get home today I will try again. If getting my friends list back messes it up then I will try this option. One thing I did too when I changed my nat type to 1 is when upnp came up I put it as disabled on the ps3 so I wonder if that could have been it I don't know what upnp is so I disabled it after I changed my password I put everything back to normal and its good now :) :) :) :). I actually uped a level to 46 wooooooooooo!!!! THANK YOU GUYS YOU WERE SUCH GOOD HELP!!!!

uPnP is a set of networking protocols that permits networked devices, such as personal computers, printers, Internet gateways, Wi-Fi access points and mobile devices to seamlessly discover each other's presence on the network and establish functional network services for data sharing, communications, and entertainment

• Like 1

Guys, I'm getting desperate. I'm seeing everybody playing online, and I STILL can't connect to GTA Online most of the time (timed out locating session), and when I DO get in and try to start any event that involves other people (especially deathmatches - the more people, the worse it gets), I time out almost immediately. I checked my NAT type, and have Type 2. That should be good, right? My internet is a beast, and I have no data limit (it's somewhere between 160 and 400Gb per month). Rockstar is ignoring my complaint on their support forums, and my enthousiasm for this game is dropping by the day. Please help?

Guys, I'm getting desperate. I'm seeing everybody playing online, and I STILL can't connect to GTA Online most of the time (timed out locating session), and when I DO get in and try to start any event that involves other people (especially deathmatches - the more people, the worse it gets), I time out almost immediately. I checked my NAT type, and have Type 2. That should be good, right? My internet is a beast, and I have no data limit (it's somewhere between 160 and 400Gb per month). Rockstar is ignoring my complaint on their support forums, and my enthousiasm for this game is dropping by the day. Please help?

Honestly I would try just changing your psn password too. Honestly I was having really bad problems things I would have thought were my internet I changed my password and everything works perfectly now. Had some much troubles but crazy too see how easy it was too fix. Just try it. Im on nat type 2 so your fine on the part. Id say reset router/modem and try changing psn password.

Silly question -- have you reset your router/modem?
Yes, I hit the reset button. The problems haven't stopped. Rockstar finally sent me a generic answer about NAT types and stuff like that, but I have a "type 2" which I assume means "moderate". That should be the right one. I did notice my UPnP is showing as "not available" in my connection tests, despite having enabled it in the settings. EDIT: turns out it Always says "not available", it activates when a game is started.

One more update: I tried some "port forwarding", as Rockstar suggested. However, entering the IP in the address bar results in a "page not found", and port forwarding programs never recognize my router. I might have to look for another way to add ports to my router. All this work, and I'm not even sure my router is the problem... UPDATE: tried to use my ISP's port forwarding application, and I get tons of error messages. Apparently, port numbers MUST be inbetween 1023 and 65536 (???), and the start and end port must never overlap. Huh??? UPDATE: Contacted my ISP. They convinced me that they should act as Open NAT, and that all ports should be open by default. So yeah... maybe it's not the NAT/ports thing. One more bug: one time I managed to get in a session, and suddenly EVERYBODY left. 10 people, all leaving at the same time, including a crewmate I was playing with. Of course I know it was ME who left, not them. Another symptom of the same problem?

I thought it actually went up when I played last night, I got 1015RP for doing the prison lap by myself, whereas previously i'd been getting 900.

I thought it actually went up when I played last night, I got 1015RP for doing the prison lap by myself, whereas previously i'd been getting 900.

I may be totally wrong, but I think RP is levelled when playing on your own.

I did a couple of races earlier and received the same RP I would have expected pre-update.

The Higher your Rank is the more RP you will need to Rank-Up again.

That's why every time you Rank up you end up earning slightly more RP for every Race.

The Higher your Rank is the more RP you will need to Rank-Up again.

That's why every time you Rank up you end up earning slightly more RP for every Race.

That seems strange, the idea of taking more RP and thus more time to level up at higher levels is negated by the fact that you are earning marginally more RP. So it is effectively taking the same time as lower levels.

I did two races earlier while level 49 (didn't win of course but came 4th and 3rd) after I had finished my RP bar was halfway through level 50.

Anybody had any trouble trying to invite friends into a session? Parker and I couldn't find a way to join the same game even though we've never had any problems before. I wasn't able to call him in-game either

Bike Races: Sanchez - No matter what colour you choose, it will give you the Green Sprunk one

Peddletothemetal website - all cycles you order will be black in colour. (I think same applies to the Army Vehicles)

Yeah I noticed the Sprunk one way back. Also, has anyone mentioned the race problem where it keeps saying "x entered first" despite the fact that nobody overtook anyone? It seems to be a problem with passing through checkpoints, but I don't seem to remember a similar problem in GTA IV. I'm not sure if it actually adds to your number of overtakes, because you need those to unlock certain paint colours.

Bike Races: Sanchez - No matter what colour you choose, it will give you the Green Sprunk one

You can choose different liveries, but you need to hit X or A to confirm your choice.

You can choose different liveries, but you need to hit X or A to confirm your choice.

Yeah I know, but no matter which you choose, you always get the green "sprunk" livery. Each race I've done were you have to use the Sanchez, all the other players have the same livery too, so I'm guessing its not just me.

It's not a major problem though, just an annoyance.