Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

This is probably my first positive post about my online character.

My character is on the wheel and I am able to play online today, However it does have it's moments of disappearing from the wheel, and from online completely. Longest it was gone was a full day, it's gone and come back numerous times, but always comes back.

Started a new character today. Got her to lv 18 in about 2-3 hours.

Easiest way to lv up low lv characters is to keep replaying the Criminal Records race either alone or with someone. If you do it alone, you get a small bonus for completing the track without damaging your car and beating it in 31 seconds or less. You get the most RP for doing Super Cars. Make sure it's 1 lap.

• Like 1

So if we go online but it takes us straight to the character creation screen but it still shows us our money is that the same problem yesterday as far as the cloud?

So if we go online but it takes us straight to the character creation screen but it still shows us our money is that the same problem yesterday as far as the cloud?

Just go back to Story Mode and try again. If you cannot see you character just wait some hours... Just don't create a new char unless you want to delete the other.

Just thought i'd throw this out there and say there is a update (1.3) out today for GTAO.

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere else on this site (what happened to always updating with the latest news on GTA?)

Source

So I played this morning with DarthSexy and a group of igta guys. I unlocked the Titan job, so I invited them all into it. Was pretty fun imo.

That mission is worth $10k a piece, not too shabby.

• Like 1

what happened to always updating with the latest news on GTA?

What kind of fucktard makes a news post for a small update? That's a minor mention at the end of a relevant news post.

People will find out there's an update when they load the game.

• Like 2

Anyone know a possible reason why it seems to be working for some but not for others? (I've noticed elsewhere that I'm not the only one that can't get online).

Others on my friends list (PS3 by the way) seem to be playing it no problem and infuriatingly I've not been able to accept their job requests etc.

Its been fine the past couple of nights then lost/couldn't find a connection after I finished a mission last night - haven't been able to get back online since.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51547/new-title-update-to-address-gta-online-game-progress-loss-and-ot.html

actual_1381275610.jpg

A new title update to address the reported issues of game progress loss in GTA Online as well as other technical fixes, tweaks and enhancements is now available for PlayStation 3, and we expect it to be available by tomorrow at the latest for Xbox 360. This title update will resolve the cause of players losing their gameplay progress except for some specific instances where players purchase a vehicle and the save does not occur due to a cloud save failure. A fix for that particular issue is being worked on and we will provide an update as soon as we know when this will be resolved.

Fixes in this title update include:

• Fixes multiple issues causing character deletion or other loss of progress
  • Fixes issues causing infinite loading, infinite sky cams, and missing interface options between jobs
  • Fixes an issue causing the "replay" option to be locked out on certain jobs
  • Fixes an issue where a player would become stuck in the mod garage when respraying a Sanchez motor bike
  • Fixes an issue where the Player became stuck inside Los Santos Customs during Online tutorial flow.
  • Fixes an issue causing the loss of guns and ammo
  • Fixes issues causing GTA races ending early because of players spawning too far ahead
  • Fixes issues in Last Team Standing where sessions would not progress past the lobby
  • Fixes issues with network errors when joining Last Team Standing using Quick Job
  • Added clarifications around when a player is using a temporary character in GTA Online during Rockstar Cloud server outages
  • Adjusts the monetary penalty for being killed in a One on One match

We apologize for the problems some players have been experiencing with lost characters or game progress due to this issue – please stay tuned for updates as we continue to investigate this.

In the meantime, please always remember to save your game before leaving GTA Online, otherwise you may lose any progress since your last save – this can be done by exiting back to Single Player through the pause menu. Until downloading the title update above and in order to minimize the chances of any further data loss, if at any point you receive the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable”, please do not either select the "Retry" option or create a temporary Character to play GTA Online. Instead, you should exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the menu in Story Mode. Please also stay tuned or subscribe to the GTA Online Status Updates article at the Rockstar Support site for the latest word on common known technical issues and fixes.

So I played this morning with DarthSexy and a group of igta guys. I unlocked the Titan job, so I invited them all into it. Was pretty fun imo.

I got 10k for dying. Sweet.

• Like 1

Had a grand time with Vice, sorry once again. I have a habit of beating people over the head with my gun and killing them. I was utterly distraught that I couldn't park my car in your garage, even your tube of Vaseline on the table didn't help ;).

• Like 1

I have no idea why some can get on and some can't, it can't be a wifi or an area thing 'cause me and my flat mate share a PS3, are on the same wifi connection and in the same house. He can get on fine every time and has not yet had a problem from day one. However I can very rarely get on.

I was having issues on my 360 version. I went to the settings and cleared the cache on my hard drive and then also deleted the last title update.. Turned on the game re downloaded the title update and that helped me a lot with connection issues..

That was me, Dup. Darth Sexy plays on 360. B)

It was my favourite mission so far. It was pretty easy for hard difficulty, but there was 5 of us.

what happened to always updating with the latest news on GTA?

What kind of fucktard makes a news post for a small update? That's a minor mention at the end of a relevant news post.

People will find out there's an update when they load the game.

It was simply a view of how disappointed i have been with GTAV news since the launch from this site, that's all. I've been around long enough to know how psy's sites have been when new editions to GTA have been released in the past to judge such an opinion too. I get it though, you're probably all playing the game since it's such early days.

Before the update had gone live (and the fact the xbox update won't go live at the same time) your bound to get 'fucktards' spamming wondering what's going on.

However, yes I agree, an update post on the news article would suffice. . . . but that (when i first posted) wasn't done either.