Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

IVE FOUND THE CULPRIT.

Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

• Like 1

IVE FOUND THE CULPRIT. Note: Please do NOT use the “Retry” button after receiving the message “Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable” as this may result in loss of character data. If you are trying to access GTA Online and Rockstar Cloud Servers are unavailable, please exit to GTAV Story Mode and try entering GTA Online again through the Pause menu in Story Mode. We will be issuing a title update that will fix this issue as soon as possible.

So because I hit the retry button my level 17 character with a 400K property and a 100K cash is gone...

This doesn't look good.

maI8Mww.png

Found on reddit.

Someone posted it from GTAForums.

With these as references, I would take this with a grain of salt though.

Well, I made some time to play GTA V last night and achieved 100% whilst I've had this downtime. The annoying thing about it is I've still been getting a steady stream of job requests whilst I've been playing offline, some people are still playing fine! lol

My character was back this morning, he lost a bit of progression and money, but it's better than full deletion i guess. The best advice is just don't continue past the character selection screen, always back out and wait for the cloud to come back - until they fix it that is.

I made a new character and I'm having this problem where after the tutorial no one is offering a mission and I cant request one. Any help?

Shove the car up your pussyhole bitch.. Quite acting like you contribute with your dumb comments like then you gotta get a car!! How fucking stupid do the roids make you

Yes, because your 10 posts have really made a difference.

Stop flaming each other. Stay on topic.

Is everybody's character (online) saving itself on the character wheel with Trevor, Franklin and Michael. Mine doesn't seem to be.

Mine is not there when I first boot up the game. But after I load up GTA Online and then eventually go back to solo play my character is in the character wheel for the remainder of my session.

i have the same issue bones, money in bank but no other data. Yesterday when i tried to get online, it would come back and say the r* cloud servers weren't available and go to SP. today it goes straight to the create character screen. Thinkin my dude is gone now.

i tried this shit, didn't work for me, apparently it does for some, i just got the same result as i did b4.

link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_SlSYtZ9vg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUgiZs0J_0KaxmdccCUJuYdg

Is everybody's character (online) saving itself on the character wheel with Trevor, Franklin and Michael. Mine doesn't seem to be.

Yep. My character was in my character wheel even before I was able to play online past the intro video.

After the long playing sesh last night, I'm still a little worried that I'll have no progress when I return tonight. I'm sure it'll be fine though.

I did have the problem where some bastard sticky bombed my car right after I bought insurance and the insurance company wasnt in my contacts, so I presumably lost my car. Luckily I have enough money to buy a new one now.