Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

yep my lv 18 guy is gone. fuck this. done

That is shit man. Load another guy on slot 2 and just hope he might come back. If not... fuck it. Best fun I've had so far is fucking about with friends.

I still have my character and I'm approaching being done.

Why's that?

I'm wondering if the missions and features that unlock at higher ranks are worth putting up with the dull shit that's available now. I'm near rank 14 and am losing interest. Hell, I need to be rank 25 just to get the cosmetic things I want.

I'm wondering if the missions and features that unlock at higher ranks are worth putting up with the dull shit that's available now. I'm approaching rank 14 and am losing interest.

Agreed. So much for rockstar saying it's not a grind. It will be fun.

Having said that. It probably wouldn't feel like so much of a grind if you didn't have to do it multiple times

I'm wondering if the missions and features that unlock at higher ranks are worth putting up with the dull shit that's available now. I'm near rank 14 and am losing interest. Hell, I need to be rank 25 just to get the cosmetic things I want.

Find a group of friends and do a ton of races and other activities together. Shits fun as hell, better than doin recycled missions over and over.

I'm level 18 and some interesting missions are starting to come in, also from what i heard from a level 49 friend, that plane heists mission is available to me soon.

How can people say they're done? GTAO right now is probably 100% better than GTA IV online. Even with the fuck ups and bugs/character losses imo... Once they've fixed the bugs (it's only been 5-6 days since release) then they're going to start rolling out new content.

They're amateurs at online gaming, and especially MMO's since it's their first. They didn't bother to open beta test it whilst GTA V was released. So they have to deal with this like it's a beta run for now. Either play it and enjoy the progress, treat it like a beta run until it's all fixed. Or wait for how ever long it takes, and play it then. I'm actually enjoying it, apart from the laggy loading screens, i'm not getting disconnections or character loss yet though.

• Like 2

Okay i just got a notification saying R* Cloud is down atm, so progress will not be saved. And took me to the character screen without any characters. Is this what people have been talking about? I assume it's just a temporary downtime, and i backed out back to story. I'l try periodically to see if it's back. If not, then i'll start a new.

Yeah that's what people mean when they say their character has been wiped, but if the server is down the of course it's not going to show up. If you do decide to create a new character, make sure you do it in slot 2.

new character in slot 1 = overwrite

Okay i just got a notification saying R* Cloud is down atm, so progress will not be saved. And took me to the character screen without any characters. Is this what people have been talking about? I assume it's just a temporary downtime, and i backed out back to story. I'l try periodically to see if it's back. If not, then i'll start a new.

If you get the message that says you cannot connect to cloud, that's the online equivalent to not being able to access your memory card. Your character won't load because there's nothing to load it from.

^

• Like 1

icon11.gif

i just tried and it said the cloud servers are down, and i could continue without saving. That I would create a temporary character untill cloud it up. I didnt bother but this is a new message. I know a lot of people re-made characters and that overwrote their previous one. So they are working on it. This was the first time ive seen this message

how come i don't even see the message about the cloud being down? it just goes right to the character creation screen...

Thats what happened to me. its been 48 hours since my character disappeared. R* still trying to figure out whats going on, they updated their support page a while ago.

That is what happened to me. Then it said it had reconnected to the cloud and was launching me. It sent me to the character creation screen with 2 blank spots. I made another character in slot 2. but he disappeared last night too.