Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

Are people's characters still getting deleted?

I had to create a new one again

Go away, I don't want to think about it. My new character is farther along than my old one was when I lost him.

In answer my character Ava is gone at level 12. So patch did Jack shit. I hope she comes back.

Update -- 3:00 PM ET 10/5/13:

GTA Online on PS3 has been down for part of today and we have been working with Sony to stabilize connection on that platform as quickly as possible. We are also very aware of the continued issues with loss of characters, money, rank, and items, and are focused on identifying the root causes and resolving the issue for players. More updates on that topic will be posted

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

Not to tempt the Fates, but I spent minimal time on my character knowing she might be lost in the inital clusterfuck, and I haven't lost her or any earnings yet. Good thing I like how she turned out.

I just got a message of rockstar cloud servers being unavailable. Asking me I need to create a temporary character to play...

can't get online at all...

Anyone else having issues? (I'm on xbox)

I had my character go transgender a couple of times on me on the first day or two. But it always came back. Fingers crossed it wont delete now i have an apartment and some decent time spent in-game.

My player went poof D: It kept all my competitive stats, all the cash I spent but everything else went up in smoke or something. Will I ever get my character back?

Has anyone had luck getting their characters back? It's been a little over 24 hours since my character disappeared. I sent a support ticket to R* but who knows how long that may take to get a response.

On the social club I get this:

5a6d79e288ef71fd179672704cab748b.png

To the people who say they've lost their character, my friend thought he had lost his but what had actually happened was that he couldn't connect to the cloud server with his character on, in the next morning when there was less people on it was back with everything. Not saying this is always the case, just saying its a possibility. I'm personally nervous with a level 18 character, 92k, 25k garage a pimped Vapid Dominator and Elegy.

Edit: And apparently continuing without saving, attempting to create a new character or other things like that while your not connected to the cloud server will definitively erase that character. My suggestion: Just wait until your connected again.

To the people who say they've lost their character, my friend thought he had lost his but what had actually happened was that he couldn't connect to the cloud server with his character on, in the next morning when there was less people on it was back with everything. Not saying this is always the case, just saying its a possibility. I'm personally nervous with a level 18 character, 92k, 25k garage a pimped Vapid Dominator and Elegy.

Edit: And apparently continuing without saving, attempting to create a new character or other things like that while your not connected to the cloud server will definitively erase that character. My suggestion: Just wait until your connected again.

Absolutely spot on, My character disappeared today too, and now he his back.

If you think your character has been wiped, be patient. and DO NOT CREATE ANOTHER IN THE SAME SLOT. or it will over rite it.

• Like 1

as soon as i finish this mission, i'll try again... like what was mentioned, i have not created a new character... so we'll see once the cloud comes back... we kind of touched on that a couple days ago, i think it was massacre that mentioned it... i knew that if this ever happened, i would just use the 2nd character spot... but now, i don't even want to confuse the cloud so i am not doing shit...

I'd say it's fixed. The only times in the last couple days that mine has disappeared is when the message pops up saying that the servers are unavailable, so obviously your not gunna see your character.

Don't file a missing persons report until they're missing for at least 24 hours.

So would you guys say that's a confirmed problem solved for disappearing characters? Just wait it out and/or try again later?

Rockstar's cloud is unstable, it'll have difficulty loading your characters and info sometimes but it's all still there, just give it another shot every now and then and like Drew said DO NOT overwrite.

In short, Idk, but probably yes.

(To everyone who didn't figure this out) If you get the message that says you cannot connect to cloud, that's the online equivalent to not being able to access your memory card. Your character won't load because there's nothing to load it from.

So would you guys say that's a confirmed problem solved for disappearing characters? Just wait it out and/or try again later?

Rockstar's cloud is unstable, it'll have difficulty loading your characters and info sometimes but it's all still there, just give it another shot every now and then and like Drew said DO NOT overwrite.

In short, Idk, but probably yes.

(To everyone who didn't figure this out) If you get the message that says you cannot connect to cloud, that's the online equivalent to not being able to access your memory card. Your character won't load because there's nothing to load it from.

Well... guess all my shit's gone then. Fucking fantastic.

Send a ticket before you assume anything. Make sure you're logged in.

http://support.rocks...es.com/hc/en-us

Got a reply.

Thank you for contacting R* support.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing while playing GTA: Online. This is likely due to the Cloud Servers error messages described in...

http://support.rocks...Latest-Updates-

We understand how frustrating it is to lose gameplay progress and are working diligently to identify and correct the causes for these losses' date=' as well as to establish how best to restore any lost progress and value. If you would like to receive an automatic email notification as soon as there is more information about this, please log into the Support Site and click Subscribe at the top of this page.

http://support.rocks...icles/200435267

Please keep in mind there's no additional information for us to provide to you outside of what is in the article given.

Best Regards,

Brad P.

IMO. Don't touch online until at LEAST the 12, unless R* has solved all this shit sooner.

My character didn't dissapeare but I can't join friends on any type of missions or death matches. Also when I try to do a mission by myself it just says mission fail immediately after it starts. Anybody have any ideas???