Barrybran

GTAO Bugs and Troubleshooting

Im pretty disappointed by this as is everyone else, but I did manage to make 2 characters and save them but no actual online play, I think the fact rockstar made so many sales and so much money and to still have an online down time of over 12 hours is ridiculous, They should have gone overboard with servers and preparation and then adjusted it and closed un-needed servers as necessary from there! Fuck sake rockstar!

Im pretty disappointed by this as is everyone else, but I did manage to make 2 characters and save them but no actual online play, I think the fact rockstar made so many sales and so much money and to still have an online down time of over 12 hours is ridiculous, They should have gone overboard with servers and preparation and then adjusted it and closed un-needed servers as necessary from there! Fuck sake rockstar!

Think about it this way. 1 billion copies sold in 3 days. Even R* were surprised by that. They have only had 2 weeks to compensate. Give them a break. In a couple of weeks all will be sweet.

• Like 1

Think about it this way. 1 billion copies sold in 3 days. Even R* were surprised by that. They have only had 2 weeks to compensate. Give them a break. In a couple of weeks all will be sweet.

Rockstar aren't a bunch of monkeys, they are clearly a clever bunch to be able to pull of a game like this in the first place, so surely they could have predicted the amount of sales and also the amount of people intending to play online. This i what has surprised me, I would have thought they would have over prepared.

@TF i suppose thats the more likely situation. But again, rockstar is a big company, and for 13 hours to pass with no improvement is surprising, as well as a huge lack off updates. If they posted a update explaining what had gone wrong in simple non coding terms then im sure people would be reacting better.

But anyway, Im just hoping it is up by tomorrow morning (gmt) so. I can have a bash before work!

a bunch of my friends on xbox are goin at it online. my data was corrupted, and i'm reinstalling everything as i type this. ps3 gets me as far as the race but won't connect to the race.

it was just under 2 weeks to get that dumb app working. best not be another 2 fuckin weeks or 2 days even for this. I'm more annoied it fried my xbox data than anything tho...fuck u R* fer making me smoke more pot than i wanted to today...

edit: nope, xbox full reinstall didn't work, said data where it's stored is corrupted, b4 reinstall, after partial reinstall, and after a complete full reinstall. done. especially now since i threw it out the fuckin window from the 4th floor in a rainstorm....guess it's ps3 exclusively.....where's my fuckin weed

a bunch of my friends on xbox are goin at it online. my data was corrupted, and i'm reinstalling everything as i type this. ps3 gets me as far as the race but won't connect to the race.

it was just under 2 weeks to get that dumb app working. best not be another 2 fuckin weeks or 2 days even for this. I'm more annoied it fried my xbox data than anything tho...fuck u R* fer making me smoke more pot than i wanted to today...

edit: nope, xbox full reinstall didn't work, said data where it's stored is corrupted, b4 reinstall, after partial reinstall, and after a complete full reinstall. done. especially now since i threw it out the fuckin window from the 4th floor in a rainstorm....guess it's ps3 exclusively.....where's my fuckin weed

That blows. I'm sorry, Otiz.

*drives to Nova Scotia, scans sidewalks for free copy of GTA V*

• Like 2

Longest waiting time I had was two minutes, worked flawlessly for me all afternoon and night. Really is something new for sure.

I'm glad I have a 13hr shift tomorrow now, won't be doing my head in trying to get online every 5 minutes.

Fitty, you better get this shit fix by Thursday! <_<:lol:

• Like 4

I hope the character creation allows for midgets with ginger afros....

Midgets would be cool. Are you a midget, ginginho?

Well, my character appears on the character wheel now. That's progress.

It works a little better if you load Story Mode and access Online from the pause menu rather than just loading Online. For me, anyway.

• Like 1

Well I kept getting a black screen after 30 minutes I got to characterize player but then I couldn't join a session. I'm gonna try again tomorrow and make a new character. The character I made today looked like a douche.

Even though I can't access online (apart from character creation) on PS3 or 360, the 360 version appears to be more gimped. When it times out, it says 'press A to continue back to GTA V', but nothing happens when I press it , so I have to go back xbox home and load the game again.

I hope the character creation allows for midgets with ginger afros....

Midgets would be cool. Are you a midget, ginginho?

No but I wish I was sometimes - would definitely make my cock look bigger... I have a bit of a midget fetish though