Holocaust

Post a picture of yourself

So to speak we don't have bad teeth. I'm in dire need of braces (but fuck paying the exorbitant rates they want, one place quoted it as 2k for basic braces) but my teeth are strong and can break just about anything.

He doesn't come to your street performances and tell you how to fondle unwilling octogenarians, does he?!

If he was an avid percussionist and wished to get better he should take any helpful criticism. He appeared to have a sloppy technique, but I don't know his experience and the camera didn't fully focus, he also appears to be incorrectly holding his sticks but that again comes from if he was self taught and his experience. If a person can't take criticism then they shouldn't post about themselves on the internet.

• Like 1

He doesn't come to your street performances and tell you how to fondle unwilling octogenarians, does he?!
If he was an avid percussionist and wished to get better he should take any helpful criticism. He appeared to have a sloppy technique, but I don't know his experience and the camera didn't fully focus, he also appears to be incorrectly holding his sticks but that again comes from if he was self taught and his experience. If a person can't take criticism then they shouldn't post about themselves on the internet.

Saying "you appear to have poor technique" is certainly criticism but not helpful. Helpful is actually suggesting elements of good technique.

• Like 1

Admittedly my gum to tooth ratio when i smile isn't attractive. Like Cyan i refused to get a mortgage out for braces.

I aren't even going to bother getting my wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt when I eat, and help when I eat tough/hard stuff

Admittedly my gum to tooth ratio when i smile isn't attractive. Like Cyan i refused to get a mortgage out for braces.
I aren't even going to bother getting my wisdom teeth removed. They don't hurt when I eat, and help when I eat tough/hard stuff

You shouldn't remove your wisdom teeth unless they are pressing on a nerve anyway, not worth the risk.

I got yer stick right here. Show me your impeccable technique, sweetheart.

I sold my Pearl kit a few years back, I have my practice pads still I just would have to go looking for my sticks or pick up a new pair of Vic Firth sticks and I'm not traveling for an hour to pick up a pair of sticks. If you look at how he holds his sticks and watch how the video of how they hold their sticks he holds it to far back, while it gives a loud noise it doesn't give the bounce that one should be looking forward.

EDIT: Watch how the DCI Blue Devils hold their stick, they let the stick do the work instead of forcing the stick to do it. Obviously he shouldn't hold the stick the same way as a snare player for a kit but appears to be choking the stick.

I've seen Analog Drum before. He's actually fucking amazing at it.

I don't think he's self taught, and if he is he's got at close to a decade of experience to back it up.

I still haven't forgotten all those days we wasted on RockBand, sweet cheeks. ;)

• Like 4

I had no idea you were such a passionate percussionist, Con. :mellow: Anyway, AnalogKid was on a rock kit, not in a school drumline. Of course technique will vary.

I was on the Drum line when I was in high school, I had class every day for 7 years. I still have my Kit Snare and practice pads, I also have a special edition Vic Firth Sticks but I refuse to use those. Also real drums and video game drumming are completely different. They shouldn't be considered at all.