PhishFood2013

Whats your favourite feature(s) of GTA V?

from what I can tell, only in scripted situations.

anyways what I really like is all the small things, little details R* either put in to the game or refined from IV. from the insects flying and small particles floating around to people's reaction on things happening and these things themselves. just standing there and enjoying the world gives so much more of a lifelike environment that IV did, or even SA...

Favorite feature, hands-down, is the psychic team of drivers at the Downtown Cab Co. If I'm in the most secluded part of the most remote district of Bumfuk, Blaine County, I can give the Company a ring and a driver will always be there in fifteen seconds. Best part is, I don't even need to state the name of a nearby town -- they know.

Favorite feature, hands-down, is the psychic team of drivers at the Downtown Cab Co. If I'm in the most secluded part of the most remote district of Bumfuk, Blaine County, I can give the Company a ring and a driver will always be there in fifteen seconds. Best part is, I don't even need to state the name of a nearby town -- they know.

Apart from when you in the middle of a field (roads surrounding it).. in that situation theres nothing available

• Like 1

Just finished the story last night and there are so many things I like about the game that I won't bother listing them all so here are the main ones:

- The map is amazing. They could have had more buildings you can enter but it's a beautiful world that I look forward to spending many more hours in. Unfortunately I now want an HD version of San Fierro even more and I'd love to see what they can do with Las Venturas (but please R*, San Fierro. Please);

- The story was a huge improvement over IV. It was, like many have said, a movie that you interact in rather than a group of characters who perform odd jobs. Everything seemed to have a purpose and it was emotional. The start was brilliant and while I feel it fell away a little towards the end it was still enjoyable and brilliant;

- I came into IV late so I wasn't so attached to the controls. I prefer V's controls for driving and flying far more than IV;

- Character switching was very handy and came to the fore when you were stuck in the middle of nowhere; and

- The side missions were brilliant and well thought out. The were vastly improved on IV.

There are many more things I enjoyed but these are the main ones. Well done R*

A few things that impressed me....no particular order.

1. Hidden packages actually have a reason behind finding them (you're asked to find them for other people).
  2. The invisible wall to stop you leaving the map is more realistic (cutting the planes engine/sinking the boat).
  3. Conversations don't end abruptly when you reach your mission point..
  4. Convertibles that actually convert.
  5. Fairground has rideable rides.
  6. Very realistic water and weather.
  7. SNAPMATIC!!!
  8. Buses actually drive in traffic (In IV they were just parked, unless it was scripted traffic).
  9. Weapon wheel!
  10. Being able to hold more than one type of each weapon at a time.
  11. Greatly improved graphics, especially on faces.
  12. Vehicle customization is very different for each vehicle and not the same options for every car.
  13. Each protagonist has their own personal vehicle.
  14. Each protagonist only has one safe house each (CJ had 30+, very unrealistic).

1. FLYING! I loved flight school, the stunt trials and just barnstorming in general. I have yet to start knocking out bridges and knife flights, but I am ready.

1a. Chopping up birds/people with the plane's rotors.

2. UNDERWATER! Call me Scuba Steve. I wish there was more life down below, but it's still amazing to dive the wrecks and operate the submarine. I find the ascending/descending in the sub to be a little bit of a pain in the ass, but it's still incredible that there is another world below the ocean. The underwater graphics and effects are incredible as well.

3. ATV's, Dune buggies and Dirtbikes. Nothing can stand in my way. I'll drive to the top of Mt. Chiliad and then right off the side!

I think the minigames where a lot better this time around. Tennis and yogo are fun, I haven't tried golf yet, though.

This is not a favourite feature, but it's just something cool I've just noticed, (apologies if it's common knowledge already)

I noticed that Trevor's hair has grown slightly by itself, he had the punk hair style which is shaved on the sides and back, I didn't play GTA for two days because of uni work etc. I just came back on, and it's grown to the point where it's not completely shaven on sides/back. (short hairs growing back) But it's definitely from the same hair style. I haven't noticed it with Mike or Franklin.

It's a nice little touch. (That is, if I haven't just mistaken judgment, I'm 90% sure this is a thing though)

Anyone else had this? Or is this just already out there?

This is not a favourite feature, but it's just something cool I've just noticed, (apologies if it's common knowledge already)

I noticed that Trevor's hair has grown slightly by itself, he had the punk hair style which is shaved on the sides and back, I didn't play GTA for two days because of uni work etc. I just came back on, and it's grown to the point where it's not completely shaven on sides/back. (short hairs growing back) But it's definitely from the same hair style. I haven't noticed it with Mike or Franklin.

It's a nice little touch. (That is, if I haven't just mistaken judgment, I'm 90% sure this is a thing though)

Anyone else had this? Or is this just already out there?

I had wondered about that too - had the exact same experience. Has anyone shaved Trevor bald and then seen his hair grow back over time??

Just went into the barber's, went to the same hairstyle "Randal" (It even said this was my current style) where is shows you a preview of the style and the "growing back" parts on the side and back of his head disappeared, as well as it looking much 'cleaner' on top. I didn't even pay for the style again, just hovered on it and backed out, and Trevor's hair stayed with the 'cleaned up' look with completely shaven back/sides again. Plus I'm pretty sure it's the same with his handle bar moustache which was getting more ragged around the edges and more stubble was appearing.

But for that hair style, it definitely grew back a little over time

i actually really enjoyed the tennis and golf.

really like the return of car customization, which i hope they add more part for cars but i doubt it.

the map itself is great, i find myself in the city most of the time but it nice to have that option of going north and just going off road, hunting is a nice touch too

i got to admit to not really liking the underwater side of it but from what i have done while nuclear waste hunting it also awesome with much more detail than one may normally see in most games, i found the wreckage of a flyUS jet which was both cool and slightly disturbing (much how i feel about underwater wrecks irl) but it nice for that level of detail.

plane controls are very good imo and the helicopter controls seem tightened up from IV which is great, barring the stupid level and frequency of the turbulence this is great fun but what i love the most is the engine failure mechanics on both planes and helis, i love how once they are past a certain point of damage they basically rip themselves apart and die completely, i love how the planes still have a fair control level with out the engine(s) running much like irl but the best thing is that you can land a busted helicopter without engines in the same way a real helicopter would, rather than just falling out of the sky with no control

The lighting is amazing in this game. I can't help but cruise through Blain County on a dark night using the dash cam view with the radar off and the headlights on bright and just drive. Everything just looks so amazing.

I cry a little inside everytime I break a headlight.

Trevor's delivery missions are great too. I wonder how many more new conversations I have left with Oscar, they always entertain me... as a matter of fact, all of Trevor's conversations entertain me.

Small detail I appreciate: the more natural movement of our trio when on foot. The body language feels more real when you slow from a run to a walk or a stop, hopping down from buildings, jumping over fences, walking down a flight of stairs...so much better than Niko's lumbering gait.

Same here. It's a shame you can't grab on to the ledges or shimmy any more though :(

• Like 2

I really really like the fine animations on convertibles, well thought out and believable (aka looks like it would work in real life)

Another one - Chop!

Now I've been kinda neglecting/ignoring him but I finally decided to take him for a walk. Drove all the way to the top of Mount Chiliad and let him 'lose' on a hiker - was quite amusing, even more so when the hiker's body slid all the way down the mountain! :clap:

He'll be ignored no more!

I don't think the hair is growing, my Franklin had a shaved head for many many in game weeks.

dunno bout head-hair, but facial hair does grow, noticed it yesterday as my Michael had quite some stubs even tho I was at the barber getting a clean shave a few days (irl) earlier

Anyone else notice the abundance of ladders in this game? Far more than GTA IV. Being able to access most roof tops without a chopper is a great feature that really comes in handy during police pursuits. (unless there's a couple of choppers on your ass, then you're screwed)