PhishFood2013

Whats your favourite feature(s) of GTA V?

Post your favourite feature(s) here!

Personally I am really impressed by the police, I love the challenges they present and obstructions they create to capture/kill you, the whole pit monouver technique they use and when they "try" box you in is brilliant!!

Also a fan of small features, the police cruisers for example, all have unique id numbers on their roofs. The sound effects are so much better than GTA IV, car engines, tyre effects, im so impressed by this game, has hit high over my personal expectations anyway!

I have a few

- Character switching. It's such a great feature, and it's got me out of quite a few tight situations. It never feels like a prolonged loading time, either. Which is more than can be said about the game map.

- Random encounters. One of my favourite features in RDR is a whole lot better in this game. The fact you can just walk away if you don't feel like doing anything is great as well.

- Car customization. I especially enjoy finding old rust buckets that barely move and pimping them out. I can't wait to unlock some of the larger garages so I can get really in-depth. Hopefully the social club/ifruit start working properly soon so I can whack my custom number plates on.

I'd say combat is also one of my favourite features, but I think the cover system lets it down.

- The side missions. Have had a lot of fun with these. The fact that they actually show up on the map is very useful. In GTA IV, I just

forgot about them after a while because I never accidentaly walked into them.

- The new Wanted system. The cones/line of sight technique is one of the best improvements Rock* has made. I can't believe they didn't try this earlier.

- Hanging out with friends/family. Again, much better than GTA IV. The fact that you are actually the person calling your friends makes it a fun side activity, not an obligation. You can choose when you want to hang out and where you want to go. The dialogue during these activities is interesting and entertaining too, not just the same, boring conversations all the time. They give you some more background story to the characters.

I'm sure there are many more but these were the things that first came to mind after a 7-8 hour playing session.. Time for some shut eye now!

The map is probably my favourite aspect of the game so far. RDR was great for going somewhere and being distracted by something you see which you would then follow. I was stuck on the first protag for three hours because I was just driving/walking around and I was being pulled in so many directions. The level of detail is astounding too and I haven't even opened it all up yet. Lastly, it's a beautiful place; very scenic. Can't wait to see it from the ocean and air.

I agree with everyone that graphics and combat/shooting are better than IV. A big turnoff for me for IV was the story; I couldn't connect because Niko was saying he wanted a better life but then became everyone's bitch for a few dollars. The situations Franklin and Michael have found themselves in are believable. Even the strangers and freaks missions are believable and are played out well.

Such a shame that I have to go to work today :( Roll on 4:30!

I love that the dialogue is repeated if you crash a vehicle. I hated it before because I would miss dialogue and get confused. Now they stop and wait and then speak again.

• Like 3

I love that the dialogue is repeated if you crash a vehicle. I hated it before because I would miss dialogue and get confused. Now they stop and wait and then speak again.

Yeah, and most of the time when you reach your destination, the dialogue doesn't just cut off, which was one of my main gripes about previous GTAs

• Like 2

Yeah, and most of the time when you reach your destination, the dialogue doesn't just cut off, which was one of my main gripes about previous GTAs

I didn't know that. I've been stopping before the marker to listen to the rest of the dialogue.

• Like 1

My favourite feature so far is the new cone-of-vision/ line-of-sight mechanic the cops use to detect you. Whenever I get 1-2 Stars, I press down on the Dpad to zoom out the map, and get a better look at where the police are. Then based on where they are, I try and evade them by driving down backstreets and alleys looking for a place to park my car ( like an empty garage ). I then turn my engine off, and wait while the police drive right by me, clueless as to my whereabouts.

This is harder at 3 stars when they have a helicopter. In this case I'll usually just try and outrun them.

In fact that gives me an idea, next time I might try and use one of the multi-level car parks to change vehicles, and see if that throws them off my trail. If they don't see you change vehicles, I think they totally ignore you.

Quite a number of stuff I can mention! I am particularly glad to see the return of car customisation - its been sorely missed. Quite a number of things you can do - even customising the horn.

Random encounters - loving this feature (as I did in RDR). Its great how you can just suddenly come across them just while pissing around

Just did the one where I took a guy to the airport after his car broke down and he gave me a stock exchange tip which I thought was a nice little touch.

i like that you can use the web from your phone and check the bank account to see your spending's and earnings.

The vast improvements of car handling - it actually feels like driving a sports car in a fast paced action film compared to in IV where all cars couldn't turn a corner at 30mph without almost spinning out or veering into the before opposite wall

I have a stupid question... How do I turn the engine off?

Hold down Y/Triangle as you exit your vehicle. If no engine sounds are made and your lights are off, you done done it right. Not sure if it can be done while remaining seated in the vehicle, though.

Stupider question...How do I stick up 24/7s and liquor stores? I've only found one store that I've done it in, a 24/7 on the map's west coast. I was playing as Michael, so could that have had something to do with it?

I then turn my engine off, and wait while the police drive right by me, clueless as to my whereabouts.
I have a stupid question... How do I turn the engine off?

Actually you can't turn a vehicle off anymore while in the car ( even though you could turn off the engine in GTA lV ).

But if you press right on the Dpad 3 times ( while in a car ), it will cycle through normal headlights, strong headlights, and then turn them off completely ( which will give you more stealth ).

How do I stick up 24/7s and liquor stores? I've only found one store that I've done it in, a 24/7 on the map's west coast. I was playing as Michael, so could that have had something to do with it?

I've done a few as Franklin (none as Trevor) and all I did was walk in and aim a gun at the cashier. I tried in the clothing stores (can't pull a gun) and bank (cashier cowered behind the desk) to no avail.

My list of positives:

1. Tires falling off of cars.

2. Family members interacting with the house when you walk in.

3. If you have a nice car people will shout out random comments as you are driving.

4. People try to mug you and lure you into traps.

5. You aren't the only one in the town of Los Santos that doesn't abide the rules.

6. I saw people in the desert recording each other riding 4-wheelers.

7. People will ram you with their car if you aggravate them.

8. Your player's mouthe actually moves while talking in a car during missions and such.

9. Conversations don't come to an instant stop when you get to a way point, they carry on until a good stopping point.

10. There are cops on the side of the highway patrolling.

11. You can lift stuff up with the forklift and bulldozer.

• Like 1

The swimming ability/moves and lung capacity are a major improvement from GTASA.

Just the act of swimming underwater and maxing your skill is so awesome.

I waste a lot of time on things like this, so cool and maybe valuable in some mission, or otherwise.

[sunken treasure perhaps]

• Like 1

Franklin crawled out of his car when it landed on its side after crashing and I think I was controlling him while he was crawling (not sure). I don't remember if this was already in GTA IV but I was impressed. It's little things like these that make the game perfect for me.

Small detail I appreciate: the more natural movement of our trio when on foot. The body language feels more real when you slow from a run to a walk or a stop, hopping down from buildings, jumping over fences, walking down a flight of stairs...so much better than Niko's lumbering gait.

• Like 3