Massacre

General Hints/Tips Discussion

i haven't very much.. if any? cops just driving around, or walking around on patrol. they seemed to be a lot in IV.

I've seen some targeting other people on the streets but as for patrolling I'd agree, there's not many about. But I would say that's probably more realistic.

I've followed a couple of patrol cars that whizzed by with lights/sirens on but not chasing anyone. I thought, "Ooh sweet, they'll lead me to a crime scene!" I followed for a few minutes (which is difficult because they haul ass). One cop drove around the block a few times before speeding off, and another just seemed to be taking random turns going nowhere in particular. Nothing to see there, I guess. :huh:

Last night I found the closest thing I've seen to a patrolling cops. Out in Grand Senora Desert somewhere I came across these two knuckleheads. They were set up in what looked like a speed trap. The guy in the passenger seat was shining his flashlight around on the road and the surroundings, completely randomly. I sat next to this car for five minutes; it didn't budge.

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

i haven't very much.. if any? cops just driving around, or walking around on patrol. they seemed to be a lot in IV.

I've seen some targeting other people on the streets but as for patrolling I'd agree, there's not many about. But I would say that's probably more realistic.

I've followed a couple of patrol cars that whizzed by with lights/sirens on but not chasing anyone. I thought, "Ooh sweet, they'll lead me to a crime scene!" I followed for a few minutes (which is difficult because they haul ass). One cop drove around the block a few times before speeding off, and another just seemed to be taking random turns going nowhere in particular. Nothing to see there, I guess. :huh:

Last night I found the closest thing I've seen to a patrolling cops. Out in Grand Senora Desert somewhere I came across these two knuckleheads. They were set up in what looked like a speed trap. The guy in the passenger seat was shining his flashlight around on the road and the surroundings, completely randomly. I sat next to this car for five minutes; it didn't budge.

0_0.jpg

I saw the same patrol car, I came back and it was gone.

Here are some Secret Weapon locations ( which you can use to get unlimited ammo ).

Just quick-save then reload the game, and it will respawn ( giving you unlimited ammo ). The same goes for all of the other weapons as well.

that's completely unneccessary. every weapon pickup scattered across the world respawns after 60sec, so just stand in the exact location of the pickup and get your free ammo. no reload no on/off tuning no nothing. just waiting.

Why wait 60 seconds, when you can get it in 30?

It was only meant to give some help to players who have just started the game. Plus if these weapons are in the same locations for GTA Online, it might be useful to know where they are.

nah just wanted to point out that you dont have to do the routine you explained. works either way of course.

the waiting-thing just comes in handy if you have to take a short break cuz you ran out of cheetos or gotta take a dump or something. nice way to fill up the arsenal this way w/o doin anything

With regard to armor pick-ups, there is another at the police station in Vespucci. There's a courtyard above [or overlooking] a parking garage. I went there for the shotgun atop the staircase in back, and after, tried to get in. Like with the Downtown station, the armor is full - 100%.

The helicopters at the hospital [near Franklin's house] do not spawn if you are appearing there suddenly [got wasted, or took a taxi and skipped]. They will spawn later if you move away, and then come back. I've yet to see if Micheal can squeeze them for more ammo than I could with Franklin .

Taxi missions get a lot more lucrative if you take fares outside of Los Santos. I kept trying to get back, and kept getting [and taking] fare calls, and ended up with enough money to fully mod Franklin's pistol AND put nearly $1000 in repairs to the taxi [too much of a speed demon]. I got that done before doing "Father Son" [started a fresh game now that I am getting used to the car handling]. But, if you need cash, taking fares is less hectic than robbing the 24-7's, especially as the clerks remember you [walked into one I'd robbed earlier thinking I could buy a snack to replenish my health].

In that video [blackSox9 posted a link on the previous page] showing the Los Santos weapon locations, the guy who made the video remarked that you needed to be careful picking up weapons in the gang areas, which is true, as I've gotten plenty of threats as both Franklin and Micheal heading over for the SMG on Grove St, and that MG off in the San Adnreas area. But his warning about the Lost & Damned MC site was a bit... misleading. I did nothing to threaten them - just drove in and walked to the shotgun - but they opened up, and riddled my car with bullets. A bit too much effort for a mere shotgun, I'd say, but at least I now have an excuse to use them for target practice.

When getting gold on the shooting range (for 25% discount at ammunation), the third pistol challenge is probably the hardest.

To complete, do the following:

Select the third tier automatic pistol, when the target is active STRAFE with it. You are not fixed to your position, and your strafe speed is almost the same speed as the moving target, this allows you to get multiple 300-score hits. For each strafing run you should use a single clip of ammunition. It may take a few attempts to get it right, but it is by far the easiest way to complete this challenge.

• Like 1

When getting gold on the shooting range (for 25% discount at ammunation), the third pistol challenge is probably the hardest.

To complete, do the following:

Select the third tier automatic pistol, when the target is active STRAFE with it. You are not fixed to your position, and your strafe speed is almost the same speed as the moving target, this allows you to get multiple 300-score hits. For each strafing run you should use a single clip of ammunition. It may take a few attempts to get it right, but it is by far the easiest way to complete this challenge.

Brilliant, thank you. I was having such a hard time with that challenge last night.

This might sound stupid but I'm just wondering where I purchase a parachute?

Bear in mind, I'm not that far into the game and have mainly being doing side missions.

One spawns at the top of the mt. Chillard cable car.

Buy Los Santos Customs as Franklin to get access to free repairs and upgrades. Only in the shop in Grand Senora Desert though.(it's south of Trevor's airfield)

Do the free upgrades only apply to Franklin?

This might sound stupid but I'm just wondering where I purchase a parachute?

Bear in mind, I'm not that far into the game and have mainly being doing side missions.

There's one on top of the cable car thing on the top of Mt. Chilliad

There is an armour pick up on Grove Street, just a bit further down the street from the house with the dog, where there is an SMG in the back.

Get Chop happy [through the cursed iFruit app], take him for a walk, and get him to sniff out pick ups! He's got quite the range, too, so in no time I located a second letter fragment [atop the pile of crap in a dumpter bin in a big parking lot not far from Franklin's cafehouse], the armor I mentioned, the SMG I already knew of, and a molotov cocktail behind a shop, about mid-way between the Church [by Frank's place] and the end of Grove Street. There's also a letter fragment behind one of the houses at the end of Grove Street.

But... annoying as it is, that iFruit App does help out. Chop won't sniff shit out if he isn't happy, and you can't make him happy outside of that iFruit app.

If you're having problems stealing the military jet/exploring the base:

In Cletus' second mission, 'Fair Game', once he leaves you to kill the final elk, you can leave the area and explore the map without attracting a wanted level. Very few cars and pedestrians spawn but you can drive into the military base without getting shot. There's a lot to explore in there if you want, but it means you can learn where the jets spawn and how they handle so you can practice flying them. Or you can just have some fun. Unfortunately you can't save it in your hangar this way.

If you've already done this mission, you can simply replay it. Just be sure not to leave until Cletus leaves you as you will fail it automatically.

• Like 3

Anyone know how to get Scuba gear off of boats?? I thought you could get it off any boat, well that's at least what I read from the articles from Gameinformer and such.

Anyone know how to get Scuba gear off of boats?? I thought you could get it off any boat, well that's at least what I read from the articles from Gameinformer and such.

So far I only got it from the Dinghy and the Submarine.

Edited by SpittyTheDude

So far I only got it from the Dinghy and the Submarine.

That's what I figured, hmm I guess I'll have to look around more, do you know if you can get the Cargo plane? Not the titan but the other one.

Tip I learned getting through the game: don't bother purchasing or even finding armor or weapons before going into missions (unless required). With health regeneration you really don't need armor. There's a few chase missions where people are constantly shooting at you but for most of the missions you either drive away from the bullets easily or have plenty of cover during combat. As for weapons you might want something more powerful than what is given but you are usually provided a decent weapon and plenty of ammo (assuming you are not spraying everything).

My opinion, at least. -_-

• Like 1